"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
the core of the team was good enough to win the division but they capitulated. to be honest the players are some hoes

Yes, yes, yes.

The coaches being sorry isn't excuse enough for these guys not playing up to their talent level. They played like some hoes and that shows a lack of personal accountability.

I give the defense more leeway because the back 7 lacked talent. Either too young, too old or just trash. Front four disappointed, burnt out or not.

The offense, there is no excuse. Uber elite talent across the board that should have been able to pick up the slack. Even if the play calls were stale, the players still found ways to hurt themselves. Be it turning the ball over way too often, drops at crucial times, poor effort run blocking on outside runs, terrible pass blocking by the running backs, not running routes at full speed (infuriating) , playing backyard ball by not running the called plays and some other shyt I can't remember atm.

We were tied 7th worst for turnovers, with KC and BUF. The only difference is they had top 4 scoring defenses while we were 30th. They played complimentary ball and could afford the turnovers.

Naw, these players aren't getting out of this pitchfork session unscathed. They were as big of a problem, if not more, than the coaches.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I’ll take Graham back cheap but he should be getting 15 snaps a game as a 4/5th DE.

Cox is tougher because he arguably had the best year he’s had in a few years but we know he wants to get paid. We may have to suck it up and need him simply as another voice to get the kids right.

Really a shame we invest so much resources in the dline but burnt them out in the first half of the season. Sweat had a career high snaps and Reddikk may have as well I forget.

I forgot about Rodgers he will be sorely needed after we cut bradberry. We may be able to skate by with one more year of slay while we groom his replacement. We may have to stick with reed and KB3 on the backend. Can’t rely on dean and need to cut morrow. Keep Cunningham but get some legit depth there.

Keep Mann he actually played well we finally got a punter :mjlol:

Cut gainwell. I’d keep swift because it’d be nice to have some continuity at RB. Need more depth behind Goedert. Jurgens to C and steen stepping in at guard like we already said and draft lanes replacement this year.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Need a guy like Bienemy in there to hold these players feet to the fire. Nick was more concerned about being cool with players wearing their merch and shyt. Nah I'm your coach you need to listen or you get benched

Bienemy is too stubborn

He needs to go to a young team like Carolina

We need :beli: Ben Johnson or Slowik

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hurts said, “I didn’t know he was going anywhere.” Told that there has been rampant speculation that Sirianni’s job was in jeopardy, Hurts said, “I didn’t know that.”

:mjlol:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
The NFL is fickle and it might be a couple seasons before another shot at the big dance

I see eagles fans on twitter stating that the offense is far too predictable and pedestrian.....Others claim the defense is ass cheeks

Is the front office and coaching staff going to be able to fix EITHER or BOTH in one offseason...maybe two?

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
The NFL is fickle and it might be a couple seasons before another shot at the big dance

I see eagles fans on twitter stating that the offense is far too predictable and pedestrian.....Others claim the defense is ass cheeks

Is the front office and coaching staff going to be able to fix EITHER or BOTH in one offseason...maybe two?
Watch the last 20 min of the Seth Joyner show.. You'll see Seth called out Lurie and the over-reliance on analytics that is messing up gameplans and shyt. The bald cac defends it saying it's Lurie's son running that so it won't go anywhere. Until the FO which is filled with ppl who haven't played football stop meddling in football operations it wont change.

This is exactly why I don't see them hiring a Belichek type coach.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

3) The 'Discord' Award 😒: The Eagles, as a team

The Eagles stopped playing for each other at some point this season, and there were examples galore against the Bucs.

After Lavonte David laid a helmet-to-helmet shot on Hurts (as shown below), I didn't see anyone get in David's face about it.

Similarly, against the Giants, linebacker Bobby Okereke jumped over the line of scrimmage on a play that was whistled dead and made physical contact with Hurts that should have drawn the ire of his teammates, and, nothing.

Hurts isn't immune to criticism here either. Late in the third quarter, Kenny Gainwell ran to the right, and made an ill-advised decision to try to backtrack, before running all the way back across the to the left. Hurts could have tried to block David, but he turned it down.

Gainwell wasn't going anywhere even if Hurts gave any kind of real effort to make a block there, but you can bet that teammates will see that play on film and shake their heads. If this were a regular season game, maybe it's OK if you olé the defender if you're a $255 million quarterback. But when you're down 7 and your season has 17 minutes left, hit him!

And, as usual, cameras caught Eagles players squabbling on the sidelines, a common theme this season. This time it was Hurts and Dallas Goedert.

Eagles players on the 2017 Super Bowl team often talked about how the team gelled off the field as much as they did on it, and felt that the cohesiveness they achieved was crucial to their success. The 2023 Eagles just didn't have that, to put it mildly.

shyt like that makes me concerned for the future. Its the same shyt we saw with Wentz, minus the unnamed locker room sources.

It's one thing to shyt the bed, but losing camaraderie and bluntly showing it to the public is too much.

I have zero clue of what to expect from this team moving forward.

:beli:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am not a millionaire he lives in havertown which borders Haverford. Hurts Brandon Graham and a couple others all live in Haverford. Kelce house down the street in Havertown. Never seen Hurts but they say Graham cool as shyt be out walking in Ardmore etc.

The Main Line is :wow:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The Main Line is :wow:
Sure is bro. I got people that live all around there I be in the loop lol. Embiid got this nice ass mansion in Villanova.

On to the Eagles, it’s clear that this is an organization problem from the top down. Peterson now Sirianni. The question is… What is Lurie going to do about it???