"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That just doesn't compute to me. A smart guy, someone who has his Masters degree. Who went to Blueblood schools with some of the best coaching college can provide. Then has 4 years in the pros, but isn't understanding how to audible? Or needs to still get coached on it?

That's not a 255 milly QB breh. That blows my mind.
I’m just telling you it still comes down to coaching no matter what. Either

1) they are dumb asses and consistently have no plan every week

2) they are dumb asses and consistently allow their qb to sit at the line, see a blitz is coming and do nothing, lose and eventually lead to their firing

One way or the other they need to be held accountable

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Nick doesn’t use his TE enough everything is on the outside. The middle field is the least utilize portion of the Eagles offense and it’s embarrassing. Dallas Godert is used as a ploy instead of a focal point. Nick out his mouth stated the offense is AJ Brown and Devonta

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The only job of a QB at the line of scrimmage to adjust during a blitz is Pass Protection schemes with Kelce and again we don’t know what this offense posses in terms of Routes… because looking at the graphs of the WR routes for Smith and AJ Brown throughout the season
…. those little routes you want him to hot route too we don’t run in this offense. So what is Hurts supposed to do???

Answer that for me

I see. The QB has no responsibility to change the routes of his receivers.

:wow:

It all makes sense as to why you blame to coaches, you don't know the game.

It's literally as simple as giving a signal to run a slant, drag, stick or literally anything that will work given the situation.

As b1g said, if they can have hot routes to run deep, they can have hot routes to run quick hitters. And yes, these are elite professional receivers, they can run any route vs almost any db and win. I'd bet my whole family's life that they have the option to run them if Jalen told them to.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
The lack of explosive passing plays seems to come from Jalen losing his touch on deep balls, possibly due to the knee (?) But he was atrocious on the same kind of passes he hit routinely last season. There also seemed to be a home run or nothing mentality too often. fukk the wide open 15-18 yarder and go for the streaking receiver on the outside. There also wasn't great accuracy when hitting those intermediate routes, as guys weren't always able to catch and run. His passes were on target to be caught but not on target to be led to extra yards. I yelled at my TV way too many times on simple slants to AJ because AJ had to slow down or reach behind him.

As far as rhythm, it seemed like when we would finally get some rhythm, a turnover happened. It's a cacophony of ineptitude.

You and I were two of the loudest critics of Wentz, are you feeling the PTSD yet? :russ:

Bruh...my mind is soo mush after the last 2 weeks- I dont know how to feel/think...I wasnt as mad after this game bc I have come to grips that the eagles are ass and there is no SB run this year- the question is...whats next...bc this coaching staff....ohhh boy.....like Sam Cooke sang...a Change gon come (I hope so)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I see. The QB has no responsibility to change the routes of his receivers.

:wow:

It all makes sense as to why you blame to coaches, you don't know the game.

It's literally as simple as giving a signal to run a slant, drag, stick or literally anything that will work given the situation.

As b1g said, if they can have hot routes to run deep, they can have hot routes to run quick hitters. And yes, these are elite professional receivers, they can run any route vs almost any db and win. I'd bet my whole family's life that they have the option to run them if Jalen told them to.
So again if Jalen has that option and for 17 games has not been doing it, with grown men who are supposed to be correcting his mistakes and COACHING him, whose fault is that?? They need to be fired tonight if they been sitting there for 17 games watching this man not audible and lose them games without saying a thing

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So again if Jalen has that option and for 17 games has not been doing it, with grown men who are supposed to be correcting his mistakes and COACHING him, whose fault is that?? They need to be fired tonight if they been sitting there for 17 games watching this man not audible and lose them games without saying a thing

Two things:

Jalen is a grown man himself.

We don't know if that is something they have tried to get him to do more of but he has not done it.

So let me flip it on you with a hypothetical. If they have been harping on it for 17 games now and he hasn't shown the willingness to do it, where do we go from there?

Mind you, Wentz was being coached on his issues too and it didn't matter. He even had two "QB whisperers" in his ear.

One of the biggest compliments Jalen got when he took over for Wentz was that he was extremely coachable. But taking coaching well and applying lessons learned in real time on the field aren't the same.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Bruh...my mind is soo mush after the last 2 weeks- I dont know how to feel/think...I wasnt as mad after this game bc I have come to grips that the eagles are ass and there is no SB run this year- the question is...whats next...bc this coaching staff....ohhh boy.....like Sam Cooke sang...a Change gon come (I hope so)
No doubt, I'm with cleaning house.

But I am also with letting BJ grow into the role while also letting Jalen be more comfortable. Clearly Jalen thrives off of continuity (no slight to Shane). We can't expect the best version of Jalen if he keeps having coaching changes... But we can't have him turning the ball over regardless of how many people coach him.

As for defense.... They need a mentality overhaul and fundamentals workshop. :russ:

They should be the harder fix but given that we have hogs on the DL, finding a few pieces to fill in the back 7 and a new aggressive scheme could flip things in a season.

The question is do you think Hot Routes work like Madden? Each position player has a scheme and route they must occupy on the field and during the play. A or Z X etc… has a certain route area where he can go and yards during that specific play occupying a portion of the field. You have sideline to sideline middle of the field length etc… what is Nick and Johnson implementing to incorporate hot routes in their offense.

Their answer is WR screen a high school scheme for blitzes. What is Hurts suppose to do? The routes are too long and doesn’t make fukking sense.

Holy shyt my guy.

So you are telling me you don't know about hot routes.

You believe that whatever is called is the gospel? That a QB is bound by whatever the call is? He has no autonomy?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Two things:

Jalen is a grown man himself.

We don't know if that is something they have tried to get him to do more of but he has not done it.

So let me flip it on you with a hypothetical. If they have been harping on it for 17 games now and he hasn't shown the willingness to do it, where do we go from there?

Mind you, Wentz was being coached on his issues too and it didn't matter. He even had two "QB whisperers" in his ear.

One of the biggest compliments Jalen got when he took over for Wentz was that he was extremely coachable. But taking coaching well and applying lessons learned in real time on the field aren't the same.
I guess you can either believe a by all accounts coachable coaches kid has refused to audible with obvious pre snap blitz formations for 17 games or the coaching philosophy which has been exposed by multiple outlets as basic (especially without Steichen) is proving to be as such :yeshrug:

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Screenshot-20240107-203937.jpg
.... :dead: :dead: :dead: ....

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
We got screwed with the playoff sched

Even if we win on Mon night, the next game would be on a short wk

The schedule fukks us over once again

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I guess you can either believe a by all accounts coachable coaches kid has refused to audible with obvious pre snap blitz formations for 17 games or the coaching philosophy which has been exposed by multiple outlets as basic (especially without Steichen) is proving to be as such :yeshrug:

Just to fully understand your point. You are saying Jalen hasn't been taught or corrected on how and when to audible/call hot routes?

Even with the prodigal son, Shane, at his disposal for two seasons? Even being at two of the absolute biggest college football programs. Even while having Doug Pederson, a QB whisperer, as his first pro coach. I refuse to buy that he wasn't taught that by any of the aforementioned.

Hurts the blame brehs :russ:

You don't even know what you're looking at here do you? Just grabbed a tweet and slammed it on the table. :heh:

Next Gen is tracking each target, not each route run, unless you think AJ ran only 11 routes in week 16. So while ol buddy says AJ would be easy to bracket, he clearly is doesn't know what he's talking about..

Saying, "it doesn't matter where he lines up... If he's on the right he's going right, if he's on the left he's going left." Or, " AJ Brown, yea, he's gunna be on the left hand side and he won't do anything."

Second quote came from the full video (rewind a minute or so)

Then he looks at Lamb and gets stuck because all but one of his 10 targets looked different.

Rubbish :hhh:

AJ's stats and these charts prove this waste of bandwidth wrong.

route-chart_BRO413223_2023-REG-5_1696811767610.jpeg

route-chart_BRO413223_2023-REG-13_1701652932714.jpeg

route-chart_BRO413223_2023-REG-14_1702270606658.jpeg

route-chart_BRO413223_2023-REG-7_1698065692962.jpeg

route-chart_BRO413223_2023-REG-8_1698619792062.jpeg

route-chart_BRO413223_2023-REG-6_1697415097091.jpeg

What do you notice?

Slants, drags, digs, deep crossers, posts, hitches, comebacks, outs, ins..... Whole damn tree.

NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

Here's the link to some of AJ's charts from last season. You'll notice many more slants caught/incomplete but don't let that fool you into believing AJ wasn't running them this year.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

This defense is so weird, what the fukk are they doing... d linemen dropping in coverage and naturally they don't know coverage assignments and linebackers missing assignments on easy concepts.

At this point, u gotta think they are playing opossum .... no way, a defense is this bad after playing 17 games... ain't no fukking way.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just to fully understand your point. You are saying Jalen hasn't been taught or corrected on how and when to audible/call hot routes?

Even with the prodigal son, Shane, at his disposal for two seasons? Even being at two of the absolute biggest college football programs. Even while having Doug Pederson, a QB whisperer, as his first pro coach. I refuse to buy that he wasn't taught that by any of the aforementioned.
I’m sure he was taught it. He did it last year.

I’m saying it’s obviously not emphasized and honestly the nikka shouldn’t have to be audibling every GD play especially when you are facing a top 3 blitzing team for the second time in three weeks.

I’m saying if somebody is about to cost me my job because they are refusing to audible to the point where we’ve lost 5 of 6, fell to the 5 seed and are in free fall, I’m going to have something to say. By all accounts I’m their pressers they have no problems with the way things have been happening, they haven’t even used coach speak or PR terms to say they don’t like things.

The play calling is stale. And has been all year. You have an offensive player calling out our plays literally from the coach live on MNF a few weeks ago. We have our back up QB getting picked off on his first pass last night because based on the formation the play was obvious. We have nikkas admitting they are “improvising” at crucial times (Seattle game) well I wonder why they are doing that? Their philosophy is obsessed with the big play and preventing the big play and that’s ruined us on both sides of the ball this season.

Last edited: