"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
They gotta clean house breh. Nick is supposed to be a CEO and what did this dumb CEO do? Aside from zero creativity in the offense he took 3rd down defensive playcalling from Desai... coincidentally right when our defense started the collapse and then ultimately demoted boul.

He lost the team
Even with all the frustration on offense, and Jalen playing with a bad knee, and a rookie OC having growing pains it was still an incredibly productive unit this season. Entering the day 8th in yards and tied for 5th in PPG with Detroit and Buffalo, a lot of the noise on that side wouldn't even exist if the defense was just average.

That's the biggest question Nick is gonna have to answer for. It's a terrible look to have a thorough search and choose a DC and bail on them after 12 or so games or whatever it was and have the guy you replace him with be even worse. Lurie's gonna want answers for how such a disaster comes to fruition.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
All season, we have ran an offense that takes all day for routes to develop

Why is anyone surprised we couldn't beat a blitz today :mjlol:

Shane had the offense getting the ball out quick...this yr, the QB release time was one of the slowest in the league

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Coaching has fukked us hard this season it’s wild

This has been a major complaint of JT O'Sullivan for three years now on the QB school. He has been saying that it would catch up to us at some point. He was and still is perplexed on how an offense has no hot answers... for years.

With regards to the tweet, I need someone to tell me.... Why in the fukk is a QB making 51 milly a year not able to call a fukking hot route? Why is he getting paid so much if he can't diagnose the blitz presnap to either audible to a new play or change his receivers routes to adjust for what he sees?

I also need someone to tell me why it was ok to shyt on Wentz once we we became a turnover machine that kept going 3 and other, with terrible terrible losses to inferior opponents, but now we need to only throw blame on the coaching? Why is it not both?

@Leasy you said a few pages ago that if someone disagrees, to fight you. You've been ignoring me for weeks my boy. I've been quoting you since week 1 about the same shyt. I'll give you the engagement you want.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
This has been a major complaint of JT O'Sullivan for three years now on the QB school. He has been saying that it would catch up to us at some point. He was and still is perplexed on how an offense has no hot answers... for years.

With regards to the tweet, I need someone to tell me.... Why in the fukk is a QB making 51 milly a year not able to call a fukking hot route? Why is he getting paid so much if he can't diagnose the blitz presnap to either audible to a new play or change his receivers routes to adjust for what he sees?

I also need someone to tell me why it was ok to shyt on Wentz once we we became a turnover machine that kept going 3 and other, with terrible terrible losses to inferior opponents, but now we need to only throw blame on the coaching? Why is it not both?

@Leasy you said a few pages ago that if someone disagrees, to fight you. You've been ignoring me for weeks my boy. I've been quoting you since week 1 about the same shyt. I'll give you the engagement you want.
Breh it's not in the playbook lol and BJ is his mans

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
What's not in the playbook? A slant? A dig? A drag? A stick? Naw, I'm not buying that. Mainly because I've seen those routes, our guys can run them and win.
I'll give you that he misses open receivers at times but we have been bad against the blitz during Sirianni's whole tenure.

I'm not ready to bail on Hurts just yet - I want to see him with a harder coach. Seems like BJ got credit for a role Steichen really played last year

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
What's not in the playbook? A slant? A dig? A drag? A stick? Naw, I'm not buying that. Mainly because I've seen those routes, our guys can run them and win.
It all comes back to the coaching still. Either they are too dumb to implement them into the game plan. Or they are too dumb to coach hurts into audibling into them. I think it’s more clearly the former though.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'll give you that he misses open receivers at times but we have been bad against the blitz during Sirianni's whole tenure.

I'm not ready to bail on Hurts just yet - I want to see him with a harder coach. Seems like BJ got credit for a role Steichen really played last year

This is from Roob last season

1. The Giants blitz more than any NFL team, and for Jalen Hurts those are plays of opportunity these days. Hurts has improved dramatically this year in a bunch of areas but handling the blitz is one of the biggest. Hurts last year completed 56 percent of his passes with nine TDs and four INTs when blitzed according to Pro Football Focus, and this year he’s at 63 percent with seven TDs and just one INT. As he’s grown in this offense, Hurts has become much quicker diagnosing what defenses are doing and determining where to go with the football. Last year, 58 percent of blitzes against Hurts turned into hurries. This year that figure is down to 26 percent. He's identifying the blitzes and finding the open man much more efficiently than last year. This will be huge Sunday because the Giants are averaging a league-high 15.1 blitzes per game, and Hurts’ ability to make plays when blitzed should give the Eagles some big-time opportunities. The teams that have blitzed Hurts the most – the Steelers (23 times), Lions (21), Cards (16), Cowboys (14), Packers (10) and Texans (10) – have allowed an average of 30 points per game to the Eagles. Also interesting to note that as Hurts has continued to have success making plays against the blitz, teams have done it less and less. Hurts was blitzed an average of 13 times the first seven games and 7.4 the last five. Teams are going to keep looking for ways to slow down the Eagles’ MVP candidate. And he’s going to keep making them pay.

He was poor then got better and went back to poor. Meanwhile, there were rarely hot options for 3 straight seasons now. The coaching has asked him to make magic happen by evading the blitz or properly diagnosing it. This year he isn't evading well due to the knee and his diagnosis has regressed. However, there have been plays to be made this season just like there was the previous two.

I'm definitely not ready to bail on Jalen, but I need to see improvement in multiple areas from him, the receivers and the coaches.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

You been quoting me on what? I haven’t received a notification. You really blaming the QB on this shyt? How do you even know if there is a hot route in the damn gameplan??? This offense is basic as shyt and you think they have the depth to have hot routes incorporated?

The issue is coaching and you can tell you drafting guys from these prestigious colleges who know what real coaching is playing under these clowns

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
This is from Roob last season

He was poor then got better and went back to poor. Meanwhile, there were rarely hot options for 3 straight seasons now. The coaching has asked him to make magic happen by evading the blitz or properly diagnosing it. This year he isn't evading well due to the knee and his diagnosis has regressed. However, there have been plays to be made this season just like there was the previous two.

I'm definitely not ready to bail on Jalen, but I need to see improvement in multiple areas from him, the receivers and the coaches.
Agreed 100%

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It all comes back to the coaching still. Either they are too dumb to implement them into the game plan. Or they are too dumb to coach hurts into audibling into them. I think it’s more clearly the former though.

That just doesn't compute to me. A smart guy, someone who has his Masters degree. Who went to Blueblood schools with some of the best coaching college can provide. Then has 4 years in the pros, but isn't understanding how to audible? Or needs to still get coached on it?

That's not a 255 milly QB breh. That blows my mind.