"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Stat crunchers vs real life experience and their choices for players is a reflection of such a scheme:
"I don't need a star player, just someone who is a utility position for this scenario"

Jalen has resigned to a losing season, no fight left in him, but not all his fault...

I think most ppl don't understand how the nfl works...success is normally cyclical so you have to strike while the iron is hot

This team will not be as talented in 3-4 yrs unless Howie has superb drafts yr after yr

This offense is too talented this yr to only put up 42 pts the past 3 wks...and I place the blame squarely at the feet of Jalen Hurts and Brian Johnson

Jalen keeps talking about the standard but can't uphold a minimizing turnovers standard :childplease:

The only good unit on this team is special teams...

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I think most ppl don't understand how the nfl works...success is normally cyclical so you have to strike while the iron is hot

This team will not be as talented in 3-4 yrs unless Howie has superb drafts yr after yr

This offense is too talented this yr to only put up 42 pts the past 3 wks...and I place the blame squarely at the feet of Jalen Hurts and Brian Johnson

Jalen keep talking about the standard but can't uphold a minimizing turnovers standard :childplease:

The only good unit on this team is special teams...

It’s Nick fault. This is Nick offense. Kid discuss Nick offense prior to Shane take over and now Shane offense with Colts compared to Eagles now

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
It’s Nick fault. This is Nick offense. Kid discuss Nick offense prior to Shane take over and now Shane offense with Colts compared to Eagles now

Yeah it starts with Nick. I can def see Nick trying to outsmart teams on some "They expect us to run so we'll catch them off guard with passing" :snoop:

Honestly should've been more urgency given offense came out AFTER the bye looking the exact same

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yeah it starts with Nick. I can def see Nick trying to outsmart teams on some "They expect us to run so we'll catch them off guard with passing" :snoop:

Honestly should've been more urgency given offense came out AFTER the bye looking the exact same

We carry 3 RBs on the roster but lets run with Hurts more times than a RB

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Time to look to the draft and Free Agency for some defensive players

Howie went cheap this year and now we see the outcome

Hopefully Ringo, Ricks & Jobe can develop into real starters

I dunno.. At least we got one win in my lifetime and it was an amazing win.
Just got to hold on to that memory

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

We don't scheme to get guys open...that's been a critique of mine for years

Jalen forces the ball to AJ way too much

In the RZ, we don't even get mismatches for Goedert :mjlol:

We're not committed to the run

Hurts doesn't read the def

These are just the offensive probs

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This is the worse coaching performance since the Rich Kotitie. Say I am exaggerating but I haven’t seen so much bad coaching on both sides in decades. This is an indictment on Howie and ownership wanting puppets in these positions and Lurie nut ass son with analytics

Facts about Ownership and Howie. I don't particularly care for Dan Sileo...but he called this out after the niners loss.

He asked Does the Eagles Ownership care more about control or winning... and he actually called something right for once. They care more about control.

They're not loud like, Jerry Jones and all in the camera... but it's all the same. They want yes men, who aren't going to challenge the analytics dept. & keep forcing the air raid Mahomes passing attack they so desperately desire.

It's why they got the older, more experienced guys out for a younger staff.

They have their own vision and will continue to fit a square into a round hole just because they caught lightening in a bottle in 2017.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Predictable

Scrambling in red zone should only be when Def is in man w/ their backs turned, we have a #s advantage in the box or by necessity bc the pass rush got there too quick

McCaffrey pointing it out before the snap is an indictment on Brian Johnson
It’s insane. He’s not some defensive guru who’s studying film constantly. He’s a fukking running back calling your offense out like this.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly

Running games don't have to be dominant throughout...if you're committed and getting 3-4 yds a pop, the domination comes late in games and those 3-4 yd runs turn into 5-7 yds a pop...the key is being committed

Cam Jurgens being oft-injured concerns me, which makes me think we should draft another OL in the second round

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Running games don't have to be dominant throughout...if you're committed and getting 3-4 yds a pop, the domination comes late in games and those 3-4 yd runs turn into 5-7 yds a pop...the key is being committed

Cam Jurgens being oft-injured concerns me, which makes me think we should draft another OL in the second round
Yeah that's all I'm saying. The drive that ended in the quez pick, we were killing them on the ground. Honestly could've chewed up a ton of clock and THEN scored no need to go for the kill shot immediately and to quez of all ppl. Terrible all around

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Facts about Ownership and Howie. I don't particularly care for Dan Sileo...but he called this out after the niners loss.

He asked Does the Eagles Ownership care more about control or winning... and he actually called something right for once. They care more about control.

They're not loud like, Jerry Jones and all in the camera... but it's all the same. They want yes men, who aren't going to challenge the analytics dept. & keep forcing the air raid Mahomes passing attack they so desperately desire.

It's why they got the older, more experienced guys out for a younger staff.

They have their own vision and will continue to fit a square into a round hole just because they caught lightening in a bottle in 2017.

John McMullen said during the Jakib post game show that he has a good reliable source that whole Desai and Patricia switch fiasco was all Sirriani and surprisingly not Lurie and/or Howie. He also said letting Dennard Wilson go for Desai, was again all Sirriani cause he wanted that Fangio two high safety style and Wilson wasn't hired cause he wanted to tweak it.

But yeah, I definitely agree with u, Lurie wants that passing offense and analytics department run by his son has too much sway over week to week gameplanning to support the passing attack. The beauty of this team was that they could u beat running or passing and lately its been too much passing. That's an organizational issue.

We are basically living that 2018 super bowl hangover season all over again. We just don't realize it cause the team started 10-1 luckily. But like @wire28 Said, this team has serious flaws but they get hot at the right time, anything can happen. That 2018 season, if Alshon catches that, we are back in the title game

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yeah that's all I'm saying. The drive that ended in the quez pick, we were killing them on the ground. Honestly could've chewed up a ton of clock and THEN scored no need to go for the kill shot immediately and to quez of all ppl. Terrible all around

Brian Johnson is at fault there...Shane would've kept running the ball

Quez Watkins shouldn't even be playing

I would trust Devonta more in that situation, but you're absolutely right, just keep running the ball

March to kick a FG at least, chew time off the clock...it's no reason for us not to play winning ball in a situation like that

The decision making from playcalling to QB is baffling...if BJ calls a deep pass in that situation, audible to a run..

There's no way we can make a run with the ineptitude on offense