"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A different source said Desai is moving to the booth and MP will be calling plays. Which is it?

it's probably this one, but still patricia calling plays now quietly shows that desai is getting the boot soon even if he's still the DC by name currently. the move reeks of desperation and i'm not even a desai fan like that at all. but if it gives new life to the defense then :manny:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
what the fukk @ matt patricia:why:

yeah this team isnt winning a superbowl this year :manny:

this is actually the only way we might win. Desai was 28th in all these categories. You don't win the superbowl 28th in points against. Matt Patricia is one of those coaches who is great when they're a coodinator, but ass when they're a head coach. like brandon staley was #1 in points against with the rams, yet his defense was bottom of the league as HC of the chargers.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
As a Lions fans I want to offer my condolences about Matt Patricia.

God Bless 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
it's not the same role so it won't be the same story. only thing this nikka has to worry about is the defense, and when he had to do that in new england they were consistently ranked 10 or better.

y'all acting like the sky is falling we were ranked 28th in points against. the niners and cowboys combined to score on something like 10 straight drives against us. We were giving up a record amount of 3rd and longs and are underperforming with the talent we have. honestly I don't see how it can't get better, because it would be very hard for it to get worse.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

this is actually the only way we might win. Desai was 28th in all these categories. You don't win the superbowl 28th in points against. Matt Patricia is one of those coaches who is great when they're a coodinator, but ass when they're a head coach. like brandon staley was #1 in points against with the rams, yet his defense was bottom of the league as HC of the chargers.

it's not that i'm down on patricia as a DC, but i just don't see a move like this 4 weeks before the playoffs working in our benefit. it seems like we're looking for answers but the truth is we aren't on the same level we were last year personnel wise. i guess now we will really see if scheme was the issue or not :manny:

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This is not a desperation move!

And I don't know why some of ya'll would even be confident enough to type that after watching that defense this season.
It would be an issue if they weren't trying to do anything on that side of the ball at all.

The defensive scheme has been a huge issue, and thankfully, they did have someone waiting in the wings with DC experience to help salvage whatever they can while still controlling their own destiny at 10-3.

Whether they make it to the SB or not, really doesn't matter at this point. They have to finish this regular season off strong, & they have a lot against them right now, especially health wise.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
it's not that i'm down on patricia as a DC, but i just don't see a move like this 4 weeks before the playoffs working in our benefit. it seems like we're looking for answers but the truth is we aren't on the same level we were last year personnel wise. i guess now we will really see if scheme was the issue or not :manny:
no amount of lack of personnel should have us at 28th in points allowed with the players we have on defense. i just think at a certain point it's gotta be coaching.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
no amount of lack of personnel should have us at 28th in points allowed with the players we have on defense. i just think at a certain point it's gotta be coaching.

i hear you but i can't blame scheme for missed tackles, nickel corners who couldn't cover my grandma, bradberry taking a major step back & our d line not being as dominant as last year. if patricia is the magic pill to "save" our defense though, then cook.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
i hear you but i can't blame scheme for missed tackles, nickel corners who couldn't cover my grandma, bradberry taking a major step back & our d line not being as dominant as last year. if patricia is the magic pill to "save" our defense though, then cook.

look at this shyt man. we don't gotta be world beaters, but we gotta be better than this. I think Fatboy Matt can do it. :yeshrug:

sometimes it can be as simple as putting guys in a better position (i.e not playing behind the sticks on third and long)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

It is coaching some of these wannabe NFL film guys on Youtube and even the actual NFL guy discussed the bad defensive playcalling. The nail in the coffin probably was Byard suggestions regarding scouting.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I gave Desai as many chances as possible and appreciated his creativity but yeah ain’t no reason even with our personnel we should been getting ran through like we was the last two games. 10 straight scoring drives is inexcusable. The horrendous third and long conversions too. Defense doesn’t win superbowls but it can definitely keep you from getting there. We just need one capable of making a few stops here and there and let the offense do its job

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It is coaching some of these wannabe NFL film guys on Youtube and even the actual NFL guy discussed the bad defensive playcalling. The nail in the coffin probably was Byard suggestions regarding scouting.
Yeah like the cowboys game. He blitzed KB3 and had brown in coverage. Brown is a rookie and his calling card is running around with his hair on fire hitting people. So of course he has him in coverage to get beat by the TE. At a certain point even if you have bad pieces you have to atleast utilize them to their strengths

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Ravens fired their OC and promoted Jim Caldwell on December 10th when they won the Super Bowl in 2012.

Similar sense of urgency too for that squad knowing it was Ray and Ed's last year like it probably will be for us with Kelce (and maybe BG and Cox too), that's a big part of why you make such a tough decision like this.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
im fine with the move. like have some you guys not seen the breakdown from that Dallas game? :what:

this dude had Byard blitzing while short ass Brown was covering a TE. then goes on to drop our rookie DE into coverage? missed tackles can also be blamed on coaching. then always playing ricks in the slot? all that bullshyt is coaching breh. plus being the worse 3rd down & one of the worse redzone defenses. list goes on dude is in over his head & it has been showing these pass two weeks the most.

now im only going to want MP if they are finally going to let him call his own game & not no bullshyt Fangio style defense. i mean MP comes from the Beli tree just like Flores & he has had a decent defense with the Vikes.

Last edited: