"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
This thrashing further illustrates how brutal our gauntlet was. Elite after elite, all while we were the hunted top team in the league.

I gotta give the players and coaches more grace for grinding the way they did. :wow:

Its also laughable to think there was a small but loud group who didn't respect our victory against the Bills. :myman:
The season is a grind in general and every team goes through a rough patch and takes it on the chin here and there, but it's just obvious the dogs were worn out these last two weeks after that stretch. Tank has been on E since the 2nd quarter of the 9ers game and it still might be low even with the extra day of rest for tomorrow :pachaha:

That's why I don't really care how it looks, just find a way to pull this Seattle game out and we can sort out the kinks and tighten up during the NYGx2/ARI layups.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Bills put up 31 on the Cowboys and Josh only has 7 completions, why yall nikkas dont run the ball against them :dahell:

:francis:breh thats what i think EVERY Eagle fan has been screaming for all year. :mjcry:

we run it twice then throw the fukking ball 40 times. if our runs dont get 8 yards on the first run we go away from it.

imo thats also why our defense has looked meh. because our defense is constructed like the cowboys defensive front. to pin our ears back & go hunting, when we have the lead.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
I'm surprised no one's said anything about the offense. The offense simply hasn't been scoring enough/ putting together long enough drives. The defensive play calling has been suspect, but the D is on the field entirely too long most games. Maybe they should have contacted Frank Reich as well since changes are being made...

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm surprised no one's said anything about the offense. The offense simply hasn't been scoring enough/ putting together long enough drives. The defensive play calling has been suspect, but the D is on the field entirely too long most games. Maybe they should have contacted Frank Reich as well since changes are being made...

The formula for our offense needs to be tweaked...we need to run the ball more first & foremost...throw more screens to counter blitzes on early downs...more quick throws...more play action...we need a 50/50 ratio tho

Sorry to tell y'all, we are not winning a SB strictly w/ Jalen's passing ability...we need our OL to be dominant

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
We did it baby! Back in the playoffs :blessed: now just gotta stay healthy and the real season starts in Jan

the philadelphia eagles have clinched a playoff spot #byrdgang

GBmJCteW0AAXeJ8

They did it. See winning all those games early set us up to Clinch with a month left. Now it's a matter of seeding. The Bills Burst The Cowboy Bubble, told ya'll they would have issues in these games. They do not play well on the Road and having a losing record. Meanwhile Jalen put up 5 TD's on that Bills Defense while our Defense let Josh Allen have a field day. Eagles must take care of business in Seattle. As for Jalen's sickness, I don't care if he's 50 percent. Just run the ball. Mariota is a decent backup but I want Jalen out there. Eagles basically need to win the next 2 games to clinch the Division. Dallas still has Dolphins in Miami and Lions. 49ers have to play the Ravens next week. Eagles are still in control.

As for the Desai news. Look I said he was having heat. This is proof that Lurie and Howie are admitting the Defense hasn't been playing up to the standard. The Defense gets credit for being great closers this year. But outside of that it's clear Gannon was a better DC and the Defense looked way better last year. Yes Gannon sh!t the bed in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl but the Defense was better all around last year, it's not even close. Matt Patricia is terrible head coach but a pretty good DC. He has more experience than Desai so though it feels reactionary, I understand the move. Let Matt get some play calling before the playoffs. Overall Just win this game today. But Congrats to the Birds. Jalen Hurts has been the Starter for 3 Seasons and the Eagles are in the Playoffs all Three Seasons. Only Donovan, Randall and Jaws accomplished this in the past. Now let's finish this strong and avenge our Super Bowl Loss in Vegas.

Last edited:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Pencil boys main job is to fix the pass rush. Desai got demoted cause of the pass rush. The least amount of third down sacks is unacceptable based on how this team is constructed.

Brian Johnson gotta be nervous too :mjlol:or he owkey already got demoted weeks ago.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Pencil boys main job is to fix the pass rush. Desai got demoted cause of the pass rush. The least amount of third down sacks is unacceptable based on how this team is constructed.

Brian Johnson gotta be nervous too :mjlol:or he owkey already got demoted weeks ago.

The Offensive numbers are what is keeping Brian safe though the last two weeks weren't good for him either. Also I think Brian and Nick call the plays together or worked on the game plan. Nick agreed to this Desai move because these last 3 games were just unacceptable on Defense. Nick only wants to focus on Offense and not be worried about the Defense leaking points all game long. I still believe this decision came from Howie and Lurie aka the Top honestly. Desai is on a 3 year deal and the team is 10-3 so that's why he's wasn't let go but there needed to be some type of shake up. I'm no Patricia fan at all but I can't deny his Championship experience coaching Defense under Belichick (You know that same Defense Saint Nick Cooked in the Super Bowl, lol) Well see how they perform tonight.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

That’s what I was thinking. There is multiple short and long term effects of this. BJ may be calling plays scared short term. Long term who is gonna wanna come work for Nick when he is giving pressers that he believes in the coaching room on Tuesday and Saturday you get fired basically.

What I do know is if we see a trash can and a fire BJ sign outside nova complex next week, he’s done. :mjlol:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
That’s what I was thinking. There is multiple short and long term effects of this. BJ may be calling plays scared short term. Long term who is gonna wanna come work for Nick when he is giving pressers that he believes in the coaching room on Tuesday and Saturday you get fired basically.

What I do know is if we see a trash can and a fire BJ sign outside nova complex next week, he’s done. :mjlol:
Nick fired himself as the playcaller halfway into his first season, you can't really take issue with someone when they've proven they'll look in the mirror and do it to themselves if that's what it takes to win.

Same way wrestlers couldn't complain to Vince when he was out there taking bumps and embarrassing himself to entertain fans :pachaha:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Too bad Patricia doesn't believe in pass rush lmao. Yall gonna be playing contain and cover one. No wonder Slay said fukk it and got his surgery lol.

This is a terrible move.