"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Elite though? Only in two stats.

The 5-12 Panthers allowed the 2nd least yards that season and the 4th least pass yards. The Bears were ranked 6th in total yards and 3rd in pass yards. These teams were #1 and #2 in pass attempts faced. Their offenses were tied for #2 in turnovers lost (one turnover behind the Giants). Both run defenses were in the bottom half of the league. Both were one of 12 teams to allow 400+ points.

I say all that to say, context matters. Those defenses didn't have as much field to cover as other teams (they were last and 4th worst in opposing starting field position) and in the majority of metrics, they were either the worst or in the bottom half of the rankings.

For the Bears, all of this happened while they had some blue chip players in the front 7. Roquan being Roquan, Khalil Mack averaging a sack a game for the half season he played and our old pal Robert Quinn having a 18.5 sack season.

Believe it or not, outside of total yards allowed, our defense this season is comparable to the 2021 Bears defense. Yards per play, turnover ranking, points allowed ranking, You can take that as a good thing if you feel that 2021 defense was elite, or a bad thing if you delve deeper into the numbers and context.

I just checked the 2022 Seahawks out of curiosity.. they were a poor defense by most metrics too, except turnovers.
maybe not a true elite defense, but they were a really really good defense. i mean i would take all that rn then our defense. that was how our defense was last year. horrible against the run but good against the pass. we would invite teams to run on us because we would get a lead & make teams have to pass. pin our ears back & go rush the passer. what makes it so worse this year is its not like we are having teams start at good field position. teams are doing what we want with this defensive scheme. dink & dunk down the field & hope for drops, sack, bad throw. teams are driving down the field like nothing. then to make it worse we are horrible in the red zone. we cant be a bend but dont break defense but be bottom 2 in the red zone. that is just a break no bending defense. thats why i hate this defensive scheme they like to run. we are relaying on the other team to make mistakes. then when teams dont we cant stop shyt. we dont like to give up big chunk plays but thats exactly what our defense gives up. :bryan:

blue chip players or not its not like he has scrubs here on our Dline. he isnt doing nothing creative with them. he isnt running any stunts...nothing. but to be as bad as he has here is a head scratcher. in all the breakdowns i have seen its like he has never ran a defense. to go from what he did with the Bears to come here & just look flat our horrible is unacceptable.

as far as those seahawk defense i wasnt really calling those elite. more so him being around a elite defensive mind like Pete Carrol. i mean Pete trusted him to be his DC. so you would think he would pick some stuff up. if we are being honest the Hawks havent had a truly elite defense since maybe those legion of boom days with Quinn?

Last edited: