"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
maybe not a true elite defense, but they were a really really good defense. i mean i would take all that rn then our defense. that was how our defense was last year. horrible against the run but good against the pass. we would invite teams to run on us because we would get a lead & make teams have to pass. pin our ears back & go rush the passer. what makes it so worse this year is its not like we are having teams start at good field position. teams are doing what we want with this defensive scheme. dink & dunk down the field & hope for drops, sack, bad throw. teams are driving down the field like nothing. then to make it worse we are horrible in the red zone. we cant be a bend but dont break defense but be bottom 2 in the red zone. that is just a break no bending defense. thats why i hate this defensive scheme they like to run. we are relaying on the other team to make mistakes. then when teams dont we cant stop shyt. we dont like to give up big chunk plays but thats exactly what our defense gives up. :bryan:

blue chip players or not its not like he has scrubs here on our Dline. he isnt doing nothing creative with them. he isnt running any stunts...nothing. but to be as bad as he has here is a head scratcher. in all the breakdowns i have seen its like he has never ran a defense. to go from what he did with the Bears to come here & just look flat our horrible is unacceptable.

as far as those seahawk defense i wasnt really calling those elite. more so him being around a elite defensive mind like Pete Carrol. i mean Pete trusted him to be his DC. so you would think he would pick some stuff up. if we are being honest the Hawks havent had a truly elite defense since maybe those legion of boom days with Quinn?

There is not much that backs up the Bears having a really really good defense in 2021. The pass yards looked good but .... They were the absolute worst defense in passer rating against, td % against, 5th worst in yards per attempt, 7th worst in yards per catch. It literally was a matter of them not getting passed on enough, otherwise they would probably have had historically bad numbers against the pass.

They faced the least amount of plays in the league but gave up the 11th most scores. 30 of them in the redzone. And as I mentioned in the first post, their run defense was bad.

What they did do well was get sacks. They didn't have the best pressure rate and their hurry % was almost the worst in the league. That defense was food breh, I don't know if you are thinking of a different Bears defense or just giving him credit because the Bears improved by a lot compared to the seasons before Desai.

As for our defense this season... yea, we cheeks. I don't have much to add to that. :heh:

Of course he doesn't have only scrubs here, he has a blue chip guy and some borderline ones. My point with mentioning the blue chip players on the Bears was to illustrate how the defense played poorly even with them.

I have to vehemently disagree with him not running stunts. He may not do it to your liking, but they are occurring multiple times every game. One of the things I see highlighted plenty is the Sweat/Carter stunt.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
There is not much that backs up the Bears having a really really good defense in 2021. The pass yards looked good but .... They were the absolute worst defense in passer rating against, td % against, 5th worst in yards per attempt, 7th worst in yards per catch. It literally was a matter of them not getting passed on enough, otherwise they would probably have had historically bad numbers against the pass.

They faced the least amount of plays in the league but gave up the 11th most scores. 30 of them in the redzone. And as I mentioned in the first post, their run defense was bad.

What they did do well was get sacks. They didn't have the best pressure rate and their hurry % was almost the worst in the league. That defense was food breh, I don't know if you are thinking of a different Bears defense or just giving him credit because the Bears improved by a lot compared to the seasons before Desai.

As for our defense this season... yea, we cheeks. I don't have much to add to that. :heh:

Of course he doesn't have only scrubs here, he has a blue chip guy and some borderline ones. My point with mentioning the blue chip players on the Bears was to illustrate how the defense played poorly even with them.

I have to vehemently disagree with him not running stunts. He may not do it to your liking, but they are occurring multiple times every game. One of the things I see highlighted plenty is the Sweat/Carter stunt.
:jbhmm: im thinking about the Fangio bear defenses. :dead:

yea everything i said doesnt matter now. i was tripping on some faded nikka shyt :bryan:

he doesnt run them when we need it. like against the 9ers wouldve been perfect. considering Williams is a HOFer & just wall. probably couldve freed up Sweat a couple times. he just doesnt run them effectively then. but to be honest i dont know if i have seen him run any :manny:

Last edited:

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
But we’re even less physical than all those teams
:snoop:
that is true. but my hope with MP kinda taking over the defense with the title. means they will let him actually run his own shyt. maybe a change of the voice & philosophy will be able to change that shyt. :lupe:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I've noticed a difference in intensity, execution and favorable zebra calls.

It's nothing worth complaining about but I'm noticing it clear as day.

Rematches gotta be full of violent retribution

:demonic:
The league was not about to have us wrap up the division in week 14. There wasn’t a way in hell they was gonna let us win. That was evident in the first quarter with the flags. They just didn’t expect us to be so ass

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This thrashing further illustrates how brutal our gauntlet was. Elite after elite, all while we were the hunted top team in the league.

I gotta give the players and coaches more grace for grinding the way they did. :wow:

Its also laughable to think there was a small but loud group who didn't respect our victory against the Bills. :myman: