"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
The defense philosophy is Howie and them. They love this Vic Fangio bullshyt for some reason. I just don’t understand the shyt sucks
& that right there is why i put a lot of blame on Nick & the organization. imo we have over invested in our DL & when they arent perfect our back 7 cant stop shyt. which is the same issue with our offense. if they arent perfect we arent winning no games. which is why i think Hurts has not been taking the check down & short passes. he is just taking the homerun ball because he knows we cant go a drive without getting points. because our defense cant stop anyone.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's nothing wrong with that philosophy

The issue is the Boyz and when healthy, the 9ers, have very good O-Lines

When y'all beat the Boyz a few weeks ago was because of your D-Line and Steele for Dallas being trash

So y'all are where y'all need to be until you have to face those and that excellent Lions O-Line but so are most teams

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
& that right there is why i put a lot of blame on Nick & the organization. imo we have over invested in our DL & when they arent perfect our back 7 cant stop shyt. which is the same issue with our offense. if they arent perfect we arent winning no games. which is why i think Hurts has not been taking the check down & short passes. he is just taking the homerun ball because he knows we cant go a drive without getting points. because our defense cant stop anyone.
Another problem is even with the d line they fukked up on depth. BG old. Cut Barnett. Left Nolan on the bench for weeks. Sweat already has surpassed his career high in snaps and we have four games left. They’ve burnt out the edges

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
There's nothing wrong with that philosophy

The issue is the Boyz and when healthy, the 9ers, have very good O-Lines

When y'all beat the Boyz a few weeks ago was because of your D-Line and Steele for Dallas being trash

So y'all are where y'all need to be until you have to face those and that excellent Lions O-Line but so are most teams

Our Dline really hasn’t been good all season. Eagles were an average defense away from destroying Dallas in the first meeting. They scored 28 points in 3 quarters. The 49ers game was fatigue and exploitation of Linebackers.

Eagles offense moved the ball until it got out of hand same as Dallas game. Eagles are beating themselves with bad coaching and I would say fatigued/defense weakness.

Their offense can compete with anybody even with bad coaching

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Our Dline really hasn’t been good all season. Eagles were an average defense away from destroying Dallas in the first meeting. They scored 28 points in 3 quarters. The 49ers game was fatigue and exploitation of Linebackers.

Eagles offense moved the ball until it got out of hand same as Dallas game. Eagles are beating themselves with bad coaching and I would say fatigued/defense weakness.

Nah I don’t think it’s fair to say they haven’t been good all season. Let’s keep it a buck offense has been turning the ball over every game. These dudes are consistently on the field + add to the fact that teams like Dallas and San Fran have a much better Oline it’s not really surprising to see these results

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fatigue?

Boys and 9ers played 3 games in 11/12 days

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Philadelphia Eagles (10-3) (at Seattle (6-7); Monday night, 8:15 p.m. ET, ESPN/ABC)

Philadelphia clinches playoff berth with:

PHI win or tie OR
GB loss + ATL loss or tie + LAR loss or tie OR
GB loss + ATL loss or tie + SF win or tie + DET win OR
TB loss + MIN loss or tie + LAR loss or tie OR
TB loss + MIN loss or tie + SF win or tie + DET win OR
MIN loss or tie + ATL loss or tie + LAR loss or tie OR
MIN loss or tie + ATL loss or tie + SF win or tie + DET win OR
TB-GB tie + LAR loss or tie OR
TB-GB tie + SF win or tie + DET win

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Another problem is even with the d line they fukked up on depth. BG old. Cut Barnett. Left Nolan on the bench for weeks. Sweat already has surpassed his career high in snaps and we have four games left. They’ve burnt out the edges
agreed. imo howie thought we could just roll over another year of 70 sacks. like that shyt is just easy to do. that was our issue the year after we won the superbowl in 2017. howie always tries to just roll with the same crew, you cant do that with a aging team like ours. i was a big advocate of us trading our first for Burns from Carolina. he is a young stud pass rusher. now imagine him in a rotation with Reddikk & Sweat?

howie sometimes lets his success get to him & he thinks any move he makes is gold. sometimes they are but you can keep loading a already aging team with more old players. just dont work like that in football.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Nah I don’t think it’s fair to say they haven’t been good all season. Let’s keep it a buck offense has been turning the ball over every game. These dudes are consistently on the field + add to the fact that teams like Dallas and San Fran have a much better Oline it’s not really surprising to see these results
The DL has been good/great all year, they didn't hit the wall and look gassed until after the KC & Buffalo games. 172 snaps those two games is the most by any defense in a two week stretch this season. It's no coincidence they came out hot in the 1st quarter against the SF OL (which is average at best in pass protection) and then as that game got into the 2nd quarter their legs were gone.

Sweat & Reddikk have piled up a ton of snaps, Carter & Davis have never reached the 400+ snaps territory they're in now, etc - just another reason why getting that bye and week of rest is pivotal for that unit to be able to dominate. Just find a way to win this Seattle game by any means and the goal is within reach.

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

I don't rip coaches, that's easy to say, well I don't like that play call. That's easy. You don't even know what goes into these play calls. So everytime I see anybody who talks about, well I don't like the play calls, I just tune that right out because that person is telling me they don't know anything.

Greg Cosell unloading the clip and I'm glad to hear it.

:whew:

Coordinators have been getting too much undue praise and too much undue hate for many years. The better the players and the more in sync all 11 guys play, the better the execution typically. We have decades upon decades of evidence showing us that the best schemers and x and o guys fail miserably with poor talent or lack of cohesion between all players on the field. Just about every play can succeed if the execution is there.

Except bubble screens to a 78 yr old Julio Jones.

:skip:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The DL has been good/great all year, they didn't hit the wall and look gassed until after the KC & Buffalo games. 172 snaps those two games is the most by any defense in a two week stretch this season. It's no coincidence they came out hot in the 1st quarter against the SF OL (which is average at best in pass protection) and then as that game got into the 2nd quarter their legs were gone.

Sweat & Reddikk have piled up a ton of snaps, Carter & Davis have never reached the 400+ snaps territory they're in now, etc - just another reason why getting that bye and week of rest is pivotal for that unit to be able to dominate. Just find a way to win this Seattle game by any means and the goal is within reach.

That Seattle game will be a nice barometer for us

To see how we respond to being embarrassed in two straight high profile games

To see how we defend DK

We need to execute on the road against a good opponent

In a perfect world, the run game dictates the tempo for this game and we dominate time of possession