"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Jesus christ

This was one thing I meant from my post after the game. We knew from literally week 1 our lbs were ass and the middle of the field was food. We either played well enough elsewhere to overcome it or played/schemed above expectation for 8 or 9 games.

There is almost zero reason for teams to not have exploited our lbs more in the pass game. For whatever reason, they target tougher matchups or don't game plan for our critical weakness.

We give BJ hell, but can you imagine the fan bases of our opponents not name the niners? They must truly hate their OC's. :mjlol:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
honestly im surprised we havent already got him into the nova care complex. he is the the missing piece to what will open up this offense or at least make it more balanced. he is very similar to what shane is as far as a playcaller.
Maybe Sirianni doesn't want to step on Johnson's toes or make him feel like he's lost confidence in him. But I think bringing Reich in could really help things along offensively--possibly saving the season.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Maybe Sirianni doesn't want to step on Johnson's toes or make him feel like he's lost confidence in him. But I think bringing Reich in could really help things along offensively--possibly saving the season.
man fukk that shyt we did it last year with Fangio & with Gannon & that was in what Gannons second year? im sure Johnson will understand its for the benefit of the team.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
honestly im surprised we havent already got him into the nova care complex. he is the the missing piece to what will open up this offense or at least make it more balanced. he is very similar to what shane is as far as a playcaller.
Reich said right after he was canned that he might be finished with coaching period. Fired mid-season in back to back years working with loose cannon owners aged him quick. Still got millions due his way for staying at home, he's not trying to worry about plays or schemes right now :mjlol:

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Reich said right after he was canned that he might be finished with coaching period. Fired mid-season in back to back years working with loose cannon owners aged him quick. Still got millions due his way for staying at home, he's not trying to worry about plays or schemes right now :mjlol:
idk him & nick have a close relationship. him coming in as a consultant is way different then being the actually OC. which is why i want him in that role. he can just basically give his input & different set of eyes & how he sees things. basically why BJ has all the pressure on him.

then maybe next year he will be willing to come in & be a actaully coach or something with the team. shyt i would love for Seth to come in & be apart of the defensive coaching staff.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
imo i wouldnt even mind having him come in & help BJ on how to set up plays. that is what we miss witn Shane the most dude was wizard at just setting up a game plan. he knew when to just keep pounding the ball & when to take the shots off of it.

---------

little rant i need to go on.

something that has been bothering me with this team the most. is this notion that we are a physical team. i think we were a physical team years before. but this year we are soft we can pound the ball like in the years past. i mean we would legit take the soul of a team just running the ball down teams throats. then dont get me started on our defense. we have no hitters what so ever in our back 7. our Dline is physical but those boys have been playing damn near 100 snaps. they are gassed, this team is just soft. look if we are going to be trash i rather us have some dawgs on defense that just have that dawg energy. you can see with the 9ers or even the Bills. they have guys are defense that just have bad intentions when they are making a hit. we have Slay who loves everybody then bradberyy who justt doesnt give a fukk because he knows he is toast. then of course we have Reed who is always ankle tackling because he is playing catch up. then Byard idk what to make of him.

honestly ive just been disgusted with the way this defensive back 7 has played & the persona they have put on themselves. they legit are not respected by no teams. because teams know you can carve those boys up. our Dline on the other hand is respected because they are the real dawgs.
The biggest hitter we got is Sidney baby dawn brown. I do agree we got too soft. That’s what be making me crack up when I think about desasi opening conference talking about teams gonna feel us and they gonna represent Philly.

It just dawned on me that we literally got Deebo'd yesterday. That nikka came to our crib, snatched our chain and stole our bike. :scust: :to:
Good thing at the end of the day ice cube wins :blessed:

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
The biggest hitter we got is Sidney baby dawn brown. I do agree we got too soft. That’s what be making me crack up when I think about desasi opening conference talking about teams gonna feel us and they gonna represent Philly.
that was all bullshyt coming from him. when you have to say shyt like that most likely it will be the opposite lol. Our defense has gotten softer, dudes just play timid as fukk. we havent had one of those physical style defense in idk how long. maybe Jim Jonhnson days? imagine what we could do if we had a 9ers or those seahawk defenses. hell even the chiefs defense this year.

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Take down the banner, y'all. Purdy abused Nicholas Morrow and Christian Elliss, so obviously that means he would've done the same to kyzir white and tj edwards. :mjlol:

same clown whos gonna jump right back on dikk when we beat the cowboys on SNF so he can clown them. these hot take shows are comedy for the wrong reasons

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

Take down the banner, y'all. Purdy abused Nicholas Morrow and Christian Elliss, so obviously that means he would've done the same to kyzir white and tj edwards. :mjlol:

All I know it is a different game last Sunday if the eagles go up 14-0 instead of 6-0. I watched the 49ers, they are the most frontrunning team, they don't look the same when they are trailing multiple scores.

I can't wait to see those clownz again where ever in January if the byrdz are so privileged.

Last edited:

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
How is Leonard in coverage?

I know he was a tackling machine in his prime, but does he cover well at all?

I've basically given up on Nakobe at this point, but if he can be healthy enough to get on the field, and begin to even approach any of the promise he showed as a coverage lb, he'd be a godsend right now

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
0e988c90-9061-11ee-9fe7-a3d5d0d62824

Brock Purdy, Deebo and The 49ers Bully The Birds with NFC Championship Rematch Beat down at the Linc. Get payback as Eagles fall to 10-2

803439905bdb59cf00c3b766829ca145

Eagles Offense held to 2nd Lowest points of the Season at 19 after the Jets Loss (14 points)

O2LDI6YVJNDIJFAYCPFNWRJXWI.jpg

Defense didn’t have it’s best day at the office allowing 6 TD Drives to the 49ers

Eagles fall to 10-2 after losing to the 49ers. This is the 3rd time in Franchise History being 10-2. All other times the Eagles Won the NFL Championship or Super Bowl (1960, 2017, 2023?)
#1 NFC BEAST, #1 SEED NFC, #1 RECORD IN THE NFL
I DIDN’T WALK THROUGH THE FIRE TO SMELL SMOKE: Jalen Hurts record 14 Straight Wins against Winning Teams ends. His streak of comeback wins also ends at 8. This is Jalen Hurts 3rd Regular Season Loss in two Calendar Years. He’s now 27-3 over his last 30 Regular Season Games.
DAZED DEFENSE: The Defense had a strong 1st Qtr but completely got smoked the rest of the game.
THE COACHES: Sirianni, Johnson and Desai all need to clean up it after that performance.

AS THE NFC BEAST TURNS: Cowboys survive close battle with Seahawks to keep pace. Washington gets blown out by Miami as the Season is spiraling. GMen are on a Bye Week after two Game Winning Streak.

Well Damn, that was brutal. I went out of town this weekend, game damn near ruined my trip. San Fran straight punched us in the damn face in the 2nd Half. Defense definitely lost this game for sure. Offense didn’t do much better as they left many TD’s out there. San Fran did a good job attacking our Secondary. Honestly these last two games haven’t been the best for the Defense. Injuries are still taking their toll as we’ve had to make up this Secondary. Also there was clearly some fatigue after those long games against KC and Buffalo. The Eagles played 3 games in 13 days. 49ers were coming off a Mini-Bye Week (Cowboys will be too, SMH). Anyways no excuses, they got beat badly. As troubling as that performance was. I'm not concerned. The Eagles just went through the hardest Gauntlet of the Season any team has had to face that including Miami, The Boys, KC in Arrowhead, Buffalo and the 49ers. Any other team outside of a few would have folded during this crazy stretch.

The Eagles came out of it 5-1. I’ll take it. The bad news it was a terrible loss. The good news the Eagles built up a nice cushion from the 49ers, The Boys and The Lions. That two game lead came in handy as the Eagles are still ahead 1 game with 5 games to go. This game was a situation where Shanahan outcoached Desai and the Defense. The Eagles kept it close but once the 2nd half started, the hole got too large to dig out of this time. AJ and Devonta got their yards, but the running game wasn’t good this game. Jalen did OK but made some mistakes too. It just wasn’t a good day at the office. Props to the 49ers for bringing it. They caught us this time, but we won’t see them again unless it’s in the Playoffs. Now it’s onto Dallas. The Gauntlet is not finished yet.

I think they will bounce back and I’m glad Howie got it done with the Leonard signing for this Playoff push. I saw an interesting stat too. The Eagles are 2-0 in Winning Championships after starting 10-2. They are 1-2 when starting 11-1 (1-1 starting 9-2). San Fran is a good team. Purdy played well and Deebo did his thing. Look they had this game circled and they wanted to get Eagles back and they did. But this wasn't the playoffs just like our Chiefs win this year didn't give them the Ring. This is far from over. This reminds me of 2017. The Eagles were on a 9 game winning streak and came into Seattle and Russ Cooked us by like 20 points I think. We all know how that story ended. The Eagles are coming off a Super Bowl Loss and are 10-2. They’ve already proven so many people wrong this season by even being in this position. I know the NFL is happy because this make it a “Horse Race” to the Playoffs. The question is who will finish with a better record. 49ers, Lions and The Boys have some tough matchups like we do. The Eagles will probably have to go 5-0 or 4-1 at the worst to get the #1 Seed. I believe they will. Flush it, move it and get ready to hopefully sweep Dallas. It won’t be easy, they have won 14 straight in Jerry World. Just like Jalen just learned, all records are made to be broken. It's wild because it's so rare to lose with Jalen under center. These streaks were just crazy he's on. 3 Regular Season losses in 2 damn years.

Last edited:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
How is Leonard in coverage?

I know he was a tackling machine in his prime, but does he cover well at all?

I've basically given up on Nakobe at this point, but if he can be healthy enough to get on the field, and begin to even approach any of the promise he showed as a coverage lb, he'd be a godsend right now

Step slower from the back injury Colts cut him cause of his contract and he got outplayed by Zaire Franklin and EJ Speed.

When he was out there 60.3 PFF grade, career high in missed tackles at 8.6 percent and he allowed 17 catches on 22 targets for 158 yards

But he is experienced and understands gap and coverage assignments as well as still got the playmaking ability (i.e. forced fumbles and solid tackling) plus he is with a better d line and secondary than what the colts have.

He is best when u let him freelance which Desai does let the linebackers do a bit in his scheme. Morrow prior to last sunday with Cunningham played well in that spot. Leonard is definitely an upgrade over Morrow.

Don't expect an All Pro tho, expect at least and at most competent linebacker play with occasional splash plays.

So long answer short, we are a bit better but still kind of fukked in the middle of the field passing game wise.