"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

One opinion about Swift from a Lions fan for the Lions fans and few others that had negative words the first two weeks.

They damn near had me believing Swift was Jerome McDougle status, playing 37 of 64 games type shyt. 😵‍💫

I'm a Lions fan and this is nonsense. Sure, Swift didn't miss a shyt ton of games. But he went out of multiple games with injuries, constantly missed or was limited in practice, was constantly on limited snaps due to lingering injuries, and constantly missed rushing lanes due to trying to avoid hits. Do I think Duce was an a$$hole to Swift? Yes. But Duce was here for two seasons, and that video insinuates Duce was here Swift's entire career. Two separate coaching staffs here did the exact same thing with Swift. What does that say?

You all saw the game last year when yall beat us in the opener. Swift had 144 yards rushing, 30 receiving. He balled out. Next game he had 5 snaps due to being limited in practice all week. 7 snaps the week after that, in week three. He didn't play again until week eight. He was out for a month.

"Swift has been battling an ankle injury since the first half of the Lions' Week 1 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, and suffered a sprained shoulder in the second quarter last week against the Vikings."

In short the lack of carries were more to do with injuries than coaches disliking him. I like Swift and think he'll ball out for you guys. But I'd be shocked if he sustains what he's doing and avoids injuries. Maybe he's thugging it out since it's a contract year. We'll see. I wish him the best because he's a great dude and a really good player.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
Eagles made some of the stupidest decisions and game-losing plays I've ever seen when they had the game basically won, TWICE.
  • They had the ball at 1st & 10 in Elliot's field goal range with 1:48 to go and WAS down to 1 timeout. Run Swift three times, force them to burn their last TO, run the clock down, and kick a game-winning FG. Win 27-24. Instead they go for the TD and leave Howell enough time to come back down the field.
  • Zaccheaus (or was that AJB?) taunting and giving the Commanders a free 15 yards after AJ Brown's TD.
  • Defense somehow allowing WAS to get a 1st & 10 after the Howell sack when they were backed up to 3rd & 17.
  • Somehow giving up a game-tying TD with 0:01 on the clock.
  • Once AGAIN being in Jake Elliot's range when 3 points wins in, NOT running Swift on 2nd & 6, deciding to throw for a TD and getting an intentional grounding to knock us out of FG range. I hope to god Jalen didn't audible to that, because that was dumber than almost anything I've ever seen Carson Wentz do.
Still, 4-0 is 4-0. Hurts, Sirianni, and Johnson really need to look at some of the decisions they made today on offense. There were a lot of great plays and calls, but too much boneheaded shyt. Desai and the defense were largely awful. This shyt gets us killed against SF, BUF, DAL, or KC.

Last edited:

Brocka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
319 yards passing with a QB rating of 112. Hurts and the offense were great today imo. However, Both coordinators need to have a look in the mirror tho. Johnson was better, yet inconsistent in the worst moments. This was Desai's worst game as DC. Head scratching decision making from the coaches as a collective, I gotta put some blame on Nick too. They better be glad they have good enough players that can hide their inconsistencies as play callers early, as they continue to find a groove. I want to give Desai some grace because of some of the injuries be he got cooked today.

Anyway, these guys absolutely refuse to lose Under any circumstances so far this season and it starts with the QB.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Eagles made some of the stupidest decisions and game-losing plays I've ever seen when they had the game basically won, TWICE.
  • They had the ball at 1st & 10 in Elliot's field goal range with 1:48 to go and WAS down to 1 timeout. Run Swift three times, force them to burn their last TO, run the clock down, and kick a game-winning FG. Win 27-24. Instead they go for the TD and leave Howell enough time to come back down the field.
  • Zaccheaus (or was that AJB?) taunting and giving the Commanders a free 15 yards after AJ Brown's TD.
  • Defense somehow allowing WAS to get a 1st & 10 after the Howell sack when they were backed up to 3rd & 17.
  • Somehow giving up a game-tying TD with 0:01 on the clock.
  • Once AGAIN being in Jake Elliot's range when 3 points wins in, NOT running Swift on 2nd & 6, deciding to throw for a TD and getting an intentional grounding to knock us out of FG range. I hope to god Jalen didn't audible to that, because that was dumber than almost anything I've ever seen Carson Wentz do.
Still, 4-0 is 4-0. Hurts, Sirianni, and Johnson really need to look at some of the decisions they made today on offense. There were a lot of great plays and calls, but too much boneheaded shyt. Desai and the defense were largely awful. This shyt gets us killed against SF, BUF, DAL, or KC.

Desai is awful...thought he turned a corner last wk but the def is still so vanilla

He doesn't mix up personnel on passing downs enough for my liking

Coverage is awful...too many easy pitch & catches

Pass rushers gotta have pass rush lane discipline when QBs show a willingness to scramble

For the life of me I'll never understand how you can have 2 LBs on the field on 3rd & long

We lose the game if Blankenship doesn't push McLaurin out of bounds by inches

The OC decided to stick with the run in the 2nd half = 24 points

Passing offense can only be prolific with threat of the run

Get Goedert the rock more

Slay was azz today...Jobe was super azz...Mailata played like shyt too

We give 10 yds of cushion on 3rd & 5 every damn time:snoop:

I HATE THIS SHYT :damn:

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Desai is awful...thought he turned a corner last wk but the def is still so vanilla

He doesn't mix up personnel on passing downs enough for my liking

Coverage is awful...too many easy pitch & catches

Pass rushers gotta have pass rush lane discipline when QBs show a willingness to scramble

For the life of me I'll never understand how you can have 2 LBs on the field on 3rd & long

We lose the game if Blankenship doesn't push McLaurin out of bounds by inches

The OC decided to stick with the run in the 2nd half = 24 points

Passing offense can only be prolific with threat of the run

Get Goedert the rock more

Slay was azz today...Jobe was super azz...Mailata played like shyt too

We give 10 yds of cushion on 3rd & 5 every damn time:snoop:

I HATE THIS SHYT :damn:
Nothing worse than the other team on 3rd n 3 and the DBs are 10 yards back :francis:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
319 yards passing with a QB rating of 112. Hurts and the offense were great today imo. However, Both coordinators need to have a look in the mirror tho. Johnson was better, yet inconsistent in the worst moments. This was Desai's worst game as DC. Head scratching decision making from the coaches as a collective, I gotta put some blame on Nick too. They better be glad they have good enough players that can hide their inconsistencies as play callers early, as they continue to find a groove. I want to give Desai some grace because of some of the injuries be he got cooked today.

Anyway, these guys absolutely refuse to lose Under any circumstances so far this season and it starts with the QB.
I thought desai did better the second half. He started bringing the corners up and had some good blitzes (he’s making morrow look like a pro bowler). They had them on the final drive two different times they just never shut the door.

I just appreciate he is clearly more aggressive than Gannon. Playing off with the corners will always bother me but he is clearly more willing to blitz.

They had a dropped pick by edmunds and multiple questionable flags that extended drives for WAS.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Hard to really get on Desai when he's working with a limited deck. Jobe, Edmunds, Morrow, Cunningham, etc - a lot of guys being thrust into more responsibility than they anticipated all at once.

Pretty clear Howie's gonna have to add a DB at the deadline, either a nickel corner so Bradberry can slide back outside or a safety to start next to Blankenship.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Hard to really get on Desai when he's working with a limited deck. Jobe, Edmunds, Morrow, Cunningham, etc - a lot of guys being thrust into more responsibility than they anticipated all at once.

Pretty clear Howie's gonna have to add a DB at the deadline, either a nickel corner so Bradberry can slide back outside or a safety to start next to Blankenship.

the great ones scheme to mask deficiencies...we do nothing exotic...we don't confuse QBs

I'd prefer a corner and for Sydney Brown to get a shot to start