"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Listening to a podcast and the beat reporter and baldinger insinuated that Hurts looks hurt out there when he tries to run.. Yall think he playing hurt, he's trying to preserve himself or what? I've been watching him since he was a freshman at bama, and he does look off IMO. No decisiveness in his runs aside from that long run on Sunday and he looks hesitant/slow imo.

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Listening to a podcast and the beat reporter and baldinger insinuated that Hurts looks hurt out there when he tries to run.. Yall think he playing hurt, he's trying to preserve himself or what? I've been watching him since he was a freshman at bama, and he does look off IMO. No decisiveness in his runs aside from that long run on Sunday and he looks hesitant/slow imo.
I don't think he's hurt. I think they told him to protect himself more and he's thinking way too much when running

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I used to think you had to incorporate his running ability to have success with him as a QB, but their 4-0 so what the fukk do I know :francis:
I hate the QB draws I think they should stop calling those. I don't think a single one worked this season. I think him running while scrambling is fine tho. On Sunday he had a vintage Hurts scramble for like 25

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
First time he's running in his career with $250m's attached to his back :pachaha:

That shoulder injury could've easily ruined last season, so I think between that and feeling obligated to be available for the long haul he's being extra cautious. I think he'll get more comfortable finding that balance but big picture I don't mind it, you gotta be smart about picking your spots when the goal is playing in February.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
First time he's running in his career with $250m's attached to his back :pachaha:

That shoulder injury could've easily ruined last season, so I think between that and feeling obligated to be available for the long haul he's being extra cautious. I think he'll get more comfortable finding that balance but big picture I don't mind it, you gotta be smart about picking your spots when the goal is playing in February.

I think hell run in the 4th of close games or earlier if we're truly behind

But when were winning winning like weve been hes not tryna wrestle

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Clearly Defensive Injuries are taking a toll. Good signing. Also for the debate about Jalen's rushing yards being down. I'm not mad at Jalen for sliding more and letting the running backs get most of the rushing yards. Yes Jalen is a dangerous runner but I expect his rushing yards to decrease as the years go on. He needs to save that super power for emergency situations only not just to get a couple of yards to take a big hit. We saw what happen last year in Chicago. We damn near lost the #1 Seed because Jalen was out and Minshew couldn't win one damn game. So again I'd rather Jalen slide and not take big unnessary hits. Plus after the contract I'm sure, Howie, Jeffrey and Nick told him to be more cautious out there. I did laugh because he slid really quick during the game instead of jetting off like he used to. I was like "Wow, that's not like Jalen" Again I want Jalen to run when he absolutely has to not just because he can.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I don't think he's hurt. I think they told him to protect himself more and he's thinking way too much when running
Yeah they told him he need to protect himself more. I think it’s obvious. After he signed the contract they played coy in the media and said they wouldn’t tell him to change but I think it’s obvious.

But at the same time he does look less explosive compared to last year he look slower. I think it’s mostly him being careful though.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
CDN media

All in all, not terrible

Finding Goedert (who has disappeared from the offense) and running Swift more down there may fix the red zone problems