"Jumpman Jalen and them (Bull)Dawgs, Time To Run It Back Swiftly" **Official 2023 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread**

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Gotta start playing more consistently on both sides of the ball

Establish dominant run game...scheme to get receivers open

Unleash hellish pass rush...tackle well...and play tighter in coverage

Starting Mon night in TB

I will always hate Tampa bc of how they styled on us in the nfc Chip the last game at the vet...fck em

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
TAMPA — The Eagles had one of the highest-powered offenses in the NFL last season, led by an MVP runner-up at quarterback.

So it shouldn’t be a surprise that they’ve seen a bunch of unscouted looks early in 2023 against Bill Belichick and Brian Flores. And maybe that’s part of the reason why we’ve seen the passing offense get off to a slower start in 2023 than many expected.

“But it’ll come to a point where you can’t do anymore new looks,” Jalen Hurts said this week.

So maybe the good news is that all this chaos defenses are throwing at the Eagles will help in the long run. Jalen Hurts thinks so.

“I’m a sponge. We’re all sponges,” Hurts said. “I’m definitely a sponge and soaking in everything that I see. And so if you get me once, the plan is for you not to get me again.”

The Eagles have been able to adjust in each of their first two games and while it wasn’t necessarily always pretty, they escaped with a 2-0 record. The idea is that once they encounter something defensively for a second or third time, it’ll get easier to adjust to it. They’ll know where to go.

So just like Hurts, veteran center Jason Kelce thinks all of these unscouted looks now can help them later.

“We’re not going to see people line up and one thing and just do what they do,” Kelce said on the 94WIP Morning Show this week. “I don’t think that, that’s going to happen at all this year. I think the more we see all of these looks and these things people have looked at from either colleges or across the league and have looked to implement them to throw us off early, quite frankly, I think the better.”

I love the perspective there. It also strengthens the point @Stop_It_5 had regarding the murderers row of defensive minds we're facing to start the season.

We will face better talent later but certainly not better minds and schemes.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
F66sO16agAAV3Mo

(Eagles Take Down Bucs on Monday Night and advance to 3-0 in back to back season for the first time in 30 years)

l1ffjk8qerxhanrceuan.jpg

(D'Andre Swift was Unstoppable Again with another 130+ Performance)

GettyImages-1485906563-e1683387134734.jpg

(Where my Dawgs At? Jalen Carter and Eagles Defense Feast on Baker Mayfield)

*Eagles Advance to 3-0 for 2nd Straight Season. First time since the 1993 Season.
*#1 NFC BEAST, #1 RECORD NFL (Tied with Dolphins and 49ers)
*Jalen Continues his historic run and is now 20-1 in his last 21 Regular Season Games. This was his 10th Straight Road Win breaking Donovan Mcnabb's longstanding 9 Straight Road Win record. This was also Jalen's 9th Straight Regular Season Win.
*D'Andre Swift Is A Beast. Over 300 Yards Rushing in 2 games. He's so explosive and make it look easy
*AJ Brown Goes off: AJ has a Big Day with over 130 Yards.
*Dawgs 4 Life: Eagles Defense shuts down Bucs Offense and holds Baker and Company to under 200 Total yards. Multiple Sacks, INT and Fumble as well.

*As The NFC BEAST Turns: Boys take down Jets but get that a$$ beat by 0-2 Cardinals. GMen finally wakes up and come back on those Cardinals, only to fall back asleep again and get blown out by the 49ers. Washington came back on the Broncos only to get blown out by the Bills.

3-0, Undefeated Again. In a whole new year with new pieces, new coaching, the whole 9. Look, we just played Bill Belichick, Brian Flores and Todd Bowles. These three Men are all Defensive Masterminds. Yet the Eagles have lead by Double Digits in every single game. I feel they are finally starting to bring it all together. It was bad weather again but they ran the ball down their throats. D'Andre Swift gets so much out of every single carry. He's just so Dominant behind this line. I don't think you run him into the ground though. Keep his carries manageable and utilize Kenny and Boston. I thought the passing game woke up again with AJ Exploding. I guess him and Jalen worked out their little sideline drama. All things are back to normal. Was Jalen forcing some AJ Throws, sure. But you have to get AJ involved, he's too explosive.

Jalen turnovers are up this year but give the Defenses we played credit. Jalen doesn't match up well against Tampa's Defense but I think they still moved the ball on them all night. This Defense is scary good and Jalen Carter is growing before our eyes. Baker barely had time to do anything. They basically let him dink and dunk all game with barely any real impact. He's an Average QB but I admit, he looks much better on the Bucs than on previous teams he was on. The Bucs were 2-0 and they were home. We went in there and took care of business. The Eagles leave September 3-0 as one of the Best Teams in the League again. There are things to improve but I'll take 3-0 start any day of the week.

As for the NFC BEAST. Well The Boys got a little high on taking down Danny Dimes and Zach Wilson but they did dismantle them. With that said, they got their bubble burst in Arizona. All that tough talk and let Josh Dobbs and Gannon cook you, lol. GMen are just up and down right now but that was a good Comeback against Arizona. If they hold on they could very well be 0-3. Well see if they can dig out of the 1-2 hole. Washington had a nice 2-0 start but their issues is Howell is still a young QB. His 4 Picks including a Pick 6 shows he's going to have growing pains since this is his first year starting. I believe the Eagles can win the Division again but they have to take it one game at a time. Next up Washington after getting blown out by the Bills. I know they are going to play much better but I think we are clearly the better team. Can't let them get one on us like they did last year. Finally, Congrats to Jalen. 20-1 is absolutely ridiculous. Another Donovan record was broken too.

F66tEVIaEAA8jCk

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I think obviously some of the offense is hurts but I think mostly it’s BJ unfortunately.

There have been plenty of times Jalen is just sitting back there and waiting for someone to get open. It’s not like we don’t have talent so it has to be the scheme. Even on his TD to OZ he was waiting back there forever before he had to throw him open.

The picks one was miscommunication and the second was too much trust in devonta. But I guess I’d rather him trust his boys then not. Just gotta be smart situationally.

I know BJ has had it tough with our matchups so far. Beli after an entire offseason then a Thursday night game with them showing 8 pre snap and rushing 3 and then Bowles on the road isn’t easy as a first time OC. I do give him credit for being patient enough to take what the defense gives him but now at this point the training wheels should be off going into WAS. It’s clear you can tell Desai has been a DC before with how he has our boys playing even with injures.

Swift is explosive as hell. I don’t want to burn him out tho so we need gainwell to do better or maybe go after JT and complete the Taylor-Swift RB combo.

Covey looked decisive as hell on his PRs. I may have to take away his Reno Mahe Jr. title.

All in all we got Three wins. Only 2 other teams in the league can say that. And we have been playing below our level. Siriani said after the game we shouldn’t be playing our best right now. Media will probably eat him up but I know what he meant. We shouldn’t be peaking now but at the end of the season. I look forward to seeing if BJ and our young boys can learn from these early tests and peak at the right time.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Sunday's game against the WFT worries me...short week for us and they're coming off a game where they were shut out

Need Landon dikkerson for that game badly bc Wash DL is one of the best in the league

Reed Blankenship is a super solid S...I'm gonna keep saying it

Bradberry looked like a natural in the slot...but we need Jobe to be a lot better

Our DL is fantastic against the run...we need more edge pressure tho