Joel Osteen: I'm not a poverty minister and being poor and broke....doesn't bring any honor to God

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
If you look at the history of Christianity, it started with people selling all they had and everybody contributing for the good of everybody else in the group.
Didn't some folks smited for lying about giving their money or something in the Book of Acts as well? :patrice:
Yup. Ananias and his wife.

In this story we are introduced to a couple named Ananias and Sapphira. We are told they sold a piece of property and lay part of the proceeds from the sale at the feet of the apostles to be used for gifts to the poor. However, they conspired to falsify the truth of the transaction.

Ananias appears first and gives the money. Peter exposes the deception, and Ananias suffers sudden death. A few hours later his wife Sapphira comes before the apostles ignorant of her husbands’ fall, and she repeats the false narrative concerning the money. She also is struck dead.

The judgment was not because of the amount of money they gave. They were free to do with their property as they chose (verse 4). The judgment was from the misrepresentation. They are contrasted with Barnabas (chapter 4), who was so named by the apostles for his service to the church. He also gave the proceeds from the sale of a property he owned to aid the poor. Ananias and his wife wanted the reputation but not the character of Barnabas.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
They be passing the offering plate 2-3 times now :stopitslime:
Tithes, love offering, children’s ministry, building funds etc etc

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Joel often is a false prophet who preaches a false gospel. God never promised wealthy and earthly riches in this world. The same God who said that money is the root of all evil.

Let him be accursed. He’s a fraud and a con like most prosperity corporate church preachers.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Didn't some folks smited for lying about giving their money or something in the Book of Acts as well? :patrice:
Yup. Ananais and his wife.

If people want to really understand the origins of Christianity they need to study the Essenes. These people lived like early Christians did before Jesus was born. Everything they worked for was put together and they spread it out amongst the group to take care of everybody. They say this might be the group John the Baptist was a part of along with other disciples of Jesus.

Christians today don't understand the history of the Bible.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
If people want to really understand the origins of Christianity they need to study the Essenes. These people lived like early Christians did before Jesus was born. Everything they worked for was put together and they spread it out amongst the group to take care of everybody. They say this might be the group John the Baptist was a part of along with other disciples of Jesus.
You already know what they'd try to call it if people tried to do that in America :mjpls:

Communism.

The Black Panthers were on that type of timing and look what the US Government did to them.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
You already know what they'd try to call it if people tried to do that in America :mjpls:

Communism.

The Black Panthers were on that type of timing and look what the US Government did to them.

The world system doesn't want to allow that. They are trying to control everybody and make everybody bow down to a false god.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
a lot of scripture in here being taken out of context.... Not for me to judge y'all or any preacher, but I will say there is a reward for being faithful to God on Earth and in Heaven.

because you have money doesnt mean you're bound for hell and being broke doesnt bound you to heaven.

Jesus was saying to the young man, you got rich on your own, but it doesnt mean you're doing it the right way. Follow me after you give away what you received without me. the tragedy in that story, was he never saw what he would have gained if he started over with Jesus/God as his master.

for the record, i agree with Joel on this one. Keep God first, and he will add on to you. (more than just money) I'm a living witness. :wow: