Joel Osteen: I'm not a poverty minister and being poor and broke....doesn't bring any honor to God

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
There's also the fact that Jesus himself and all his apostles were either born poor or gave up their wealth during their spiritual journey. As terrible as Catholic leaders are, I don't think there's any movement that has baldly perverted the tenets of a religion the way American Protestantism has.

I'm not arguing against what you're saying, but if you think Catholics are better I have some information for you.

They are the ones that kicked off bringing African slaves to the Americas.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
but didn't jesus say "it's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to get into heaven"?

i'm surprised that Osteen wants to fukk with his chances like this :lupe:
Christ said give your shyt away and follow me.
The bol playing with fire

Scripture says

Matthew 25:40, He states, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."

Proverbs 21:13

"Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered."

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
The people of God in the Bible are in the majority of instances in bondage, under the rule of foreign kings, or wandering the wilderness. There's only about 25 (Probably less) out of the 66 books of the Bible where the Hebrews live in prosperity.

Daps
Creflo >>>>

sbFxDS.gif

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Still struggling how people go to work M to F and then on a Sunday they hand that money to a preacher giving motivational speeches.
Since when did God have a bank account?
Power of indoctrination.

God said the church is the people. When I was growing up I saw people congregated under a tree listening to a preacher. That was how common people lived. That was the purest version of Christianity I ever seen. The preacher had nothing of material worth to gain, just him and a bible. It was just about gathering for the word.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Power of indoctrination.

God said the church is the people. When I was growing up I saw people congregated under a tree listening to a preacher. That was how common people lived. That was the purest version of Christianity I ever seen. The preacher had nothing of material worth to gain, just him and a bible. It was just about gathering for the word.
We used to have street preachers.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I used to get mad at prosperity preachers but at this point its whatever :manny:

If ppl want to give their hard earned money to this guy, oh well. He's not forcing anyone to give.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." - Jesus Christ