Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

premier58

All Star
Daps
:snoop: Brady is soft as toilet tissue

:snoop: Jason Taylor wouldn’t be a top 25 pass rusher from back in dem dayz
You are delusional, dawg. Name 25 pass rushers better than Jason Taylor from the 80s. Brady faced HOFers/standouts like
Taylor
Strahan
Lewis
Urlacher
Suggs
Reed
Dawkins
Miller
Ware
Donald
Revis
Thomas
Sherman
Suh
Kuechly
J.J Watt
T. J. Watt
Allen
Lynch
Bailey
Wilson
Pryce
Rice
Barber
Brooks
Willis
Seau
Osi
Etc.. Im not gone change your mind, youre not gonna chsnge my mind..im bowing out of this convo. Respect

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You are delusional, dawg. Name 25 pass rushers better than Jason Taylor from the 80s. Brady faced HOFers/standouts like
Taylor
Strahan
Lewis
Urlacher
Suggs
Reed
Dawkins
Miller
Ware
Donald
Revis
Thomas
Sherman
Suh
Kuechly
J.J Watt
T. J. Watt
Allen
Lynch
Bailey
Wilson
Pryce
Rice
Barber
Brooks
Willis
Seau
Osi
Etc.. Im not gone change your mind, youre not gonna chsnge my mind..im bowing out of this convo. Respect

1. Lawrence Taylor
  2. Reggie White
  3. Clyde Simmons
  4. Derrick Thomas
  5. Richard Dent
  6. Dan Hampton
  7. Bruce Smith
  8. Andre Tippet
  9. Pat Swilling
  10. Ricky Jackson
  11. Kevin Greene
  12. Chris Doleman
  13. John Randell
  14. Leslie O Neil
  15. Dexter Manley
  16. Charles Mann
  17. Charles Haley
  18. Mark Gastineau
  19. Greg Townsend
  20. Neil Smith
  21. Howie Long
  22. Ed too tall Jones
  23. Lenard Marshal
  24. Greg Lloyd
  25. Tim Harris
:yeshrug:

premier58

All Star
Daps
  1. Lawrence Taylor
  2. Reggie White
  3. Clyde Simmons
  4. Derrick Thomas
  5. Richard Dent
  6. Dan Hampton
  7. Bruce Smith
  8. Andre Tippet
  9. Pat Swilling
  10. Ricky Jackson
  11. Kevin Greene
  12. Chris Doleman
  13. John Randell
  14. Leslie O Neil
  15. Dexter Manley
  16. Charles Mann
  17. Charles Haley
  18. Mark Gastineau
  19. Greg Townsend
  20. Neil Smith
  21. Howie Long
  22. Ed too tall Jones
  23. Lenard Marshal
  24. Greg Lloyd
  25. Tim Harris
:yeshrug:
Most of those guys Taylor was better than or equal to. Leonard Marshall?? Youre grasping at straws with that one.Greg Lloyd is a 90s player, so is John?Randle. Youre just googling names. Where is Randy White? Joe Klecko? How are you from NY and you forget him? A lot of good players some great, but Tstlor is better thsn half of them. Derrick Thomas waa drafted in 89, with Barry, Deion and Aikman. How are you calling him an 80s player? I remember Charles Mann from theTV dinner commercials. Very?good player, but he aint no Jason Taylor. He just played with 2 elite franchises(Redskins, Niners) Pat Swilling was?a bust when he left those other 3 great LBs. Im from Detroit, I should know. This is off the dome, no googling needed. You really put Leonard Marshal on there?? Im crying. You only mentioned him because if the KO hit of Montana. He wasnt close to LT, Banks or Pepper Johnson. What you gone do, mention Jim Burt next??

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
You already lost the argument. Montana won two Super Bowls without Rice. Brady had Moss in his prime and they lost to Eli and the Giants. :mjlol:

1st year is always tough. Ask Heatles :ufdup:

Brady won with bunch of cacs and no #1 WRs 4 times :ufdup:

Like I said. Brady is Montana + Young + Aikman COMBINED. :banderas:

Seven1986

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Illinois
Last week I saw a Brady vs Peyton topic on here.....This week it's Brady vs Montana....

Will you all rehash a Brady vs Rodgers topic after Rodgers wins MVP because I'm noticing a trend....

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Most of those guys Taylor was better than or equal to. Leonard Marshall?? Youre grasping at straws with that one.Greg Lloyd is a 90s player, so is John?Randle. Youre just googling names. Where is Randy White? Joe Klecko? How are you from NY and you forget him? A lot of good players some great, but Tstlor is better thsn half of them. Derrick Thomas waa drafted in 89, with Barry, Deion and Aikman. How are you calling him an 80s player? I remember Charles Mann from theTV dinner commercials. Very?good player, but he aint no Jason Taylor. He just played with 2 elite franchises(Redskins, Niners) Pat Swilling was?a bust when he left those other 3 great LBs. Im from Detroit, I should know. This is off the dome, no googling needed. You really put Leonard Marshal on there?? Im crying. You only mentioned him because if the KO hit of Montana. He wasnt close to LT, Banks or Pepper Johnson. What you gone do, mention Jim Burt next??

:francis:

I mentioned 25 better players from the 80s/90s
Montana retired in the mid 90s so I don’t understand why a player like Derrick Thomas would be omitted for your liking when he basically was in the league 5 years with Montana

maybe I should’ve been more specific in my list. the fact is Jason Taylor is 6’ 6” 240 lb and basically was a finesse pass rusher although he was very good ; my point is the list that I posted was for intimidating defenders, Although Jason may have more sacks than Leonard or Charles there’s no quarterback in the history of this game that would rather be hit by them vs Jason

Truth be told The first 21 or 22 was strictly off the top of the head before I had to refresh my memory and do a Google search with that said I didn’t add players like Lala Alzado Joe Klecko or Jim Burt because they were more of an interior defenders not particularly known for sacking of the quarterback

At the end of the day getting back to the topic we pretty much all know that Montana would have thrived playing in Bradys era
i’m not certain that Brady would have thrived playing in Montana’s era
The fact of even having a debate with Montana era of the top 3 defenders in the league …. the GOAT Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and Bruce Smith is enough said

premier58

All Star
Daps

I mentioned 25 better players from the 80s/90s
Montana retired in the mid 90s so I don’t understand why a player like Derrick Thomas would be omitted for your liking when he basically was in the league 5 years with Montana

maybe I should’ve been more specific in my list. the fact is Jason Taylor is 6’ 6” 240 lb and basically was a finesse pass rusher although he was very good ; my point is the list that I posted was for intimidating defenders, Although Jason may have more sacks than Leonard or Charles there’s no quarterback in the history of this game that would rather be hit by them vs Jason

Truth be told The first 21 or 22 was strictly off the top of the head before I had to refresh my memory and do a Google search with that said I didn’t add players like Lala Alzado Joe Klecko or Jim Burt because they were more of an interior defenders not particularly known for sacking of the quarterback

At the end of the day getting back to the topic we pretty much all know that Montana would have thrived playing in Bradys era
i’m not certain that Brady would have thrived playing in Montana’s era
The fact of even having a debate with Montana era of the top 3 defenders in the league …. the GOAT Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White and Bruce Smith is enough said
There is no evidence that getting by Haley or Marshall is any more brutal than getting hit by Suggs or Joey Porter. And Brady faced Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp and J.J Watt and Aaron Donald.
You using Derrick Thomas is disingenuous. Not only was he drafted in 89, but Montana didnt play on 91 or 92 and he played on the same team with Joe on 93 and 94. Terrible point. Joe Klecko did get sacks. They werent called the New York Sack Exchange for just Gastineau. So Mark Rypien and Jeff Hostetler can deal with Bruce Smith, but Brady nt?? Brady is bigger, stronger and tougher than Joe. Brady gets up from.hits that wouldve severely hurt Joe. Grady Jarrett rock bottomed Brady in SB 51. Im pretty sure an angry, roided Shawne Merrimab can generate massive force. The Broncos hit Brady an NFL season high 20 times in the 2015 AFC championship, yet they were still a 2 pt conversion from OT. Montana doesnt deserve extra credit for being light in the ass. Brady wouldve killed those basic ass defenses. Wouldnt even had to make it a chess match. Pre snap would be simple as hell. Ask the NYG or the Broncos or Steelers etc how soft Tom Brady

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
played 22 season breh :gucci:

It don't matter what era brady plays in. brady will dink and dunk on any D. :ufdup:

you do understand in Montana’s era the defender could literally grab the receiver up into around 10 yards without getting any pass interference or holding call against him … with that said that would eliminate Brady‘s dinking n dunking which he has been able to do throughout his 2 decade career - That resulted him into being sacked at a minimum

again I think a lot of yall are not taking the astronomical rule changes amongst the era’s into consideration

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

you do understand in Montana’s era the defender could literally grab the receiver up into around 10 yards without getting any pass interference or holding call against him … with that said that would eliminate Brady‘s dinking n dunking which he has been able to do throughout his 2 decade career - That resulted him into being sacked at a minimum

again I think a lot of yall are not taking the astronomical rule changes amongst the era’s into consideration
Why are you all making up shyt :dead:

Receievers could get mauled before the ‘78 rule changes. It changed after that.

And the Bill Walsh offense was basically dinking and dunking compared to the long developing passing schemes everyone else was doing.

Last edited:

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to be reluctant to say this but Tampa proved it. He’s past the goat QB discussion. He in that Jordan, Gretzky convo of greatest athlete ever. As in put him on any team and you winning and at the very least a contender.

Tampa didn't prove shyt he went to a stacked to a stacked team