Joe Montana is still the GOAT in my eyes

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
That was the last time he was ever touched.

Nah, if you remember that 2015 AFC Championship game the Broncos were destroying Brady all game long and there weren't any flags thrown.

c9b3c2bcb277459ca4941de75ae1edfc.gif

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I absolutely loathe Brady. I like Montana much more, and his style of play definitely appeals more to me.

But I just can't argue against Brady at this point. Maybe prime for prime it is a good discussion. But when you look at his consistent greatness over the course of a very long career, you have to give it to Brady.

Montana had a lot of low points that people don't remember. And Montana was very injury prone. Brady's teams never got blown out (as far as I can remember --- someone please correct me if I am wrong). It is scary how even when his teams lost, Brady pretty much had them in it until the very end. He was like that movie villain who would just never die. Think of the Rams-Bucs game we just saw. Or the Broncos-Pats in 2015 when he missed on a two-point conversion to tie the game. Or the Super Bowls against the Giants ...

Last edited:

premier58

All Star
Daps
:dahell: The Bucs defense shut the Chiefs down :dead: Do some of you even watch the games? it was literally last year...

Same for the 2001 Rams. The Pats defense shut them down. Highest scoring team of all time and they were held to what 17 pts?
Those 30 pts in 4 straight playoff games had.nothing to do with it?? Huh?? So Montanas defense didnt shut down Marini and hold him to 16 pts in his record breaking MVP season?? They didnt hold an explosive Cincy offense to 9 pts in SB 23??(7 pts were on a kickoff return) Montanas playoff defenses were way better than Bradys, not even close. When did Montanas defense allowed 29 pts in the Superbowl?? In only 20 minutes of time?? Walsh is way more revoultuonary to offensive football than BB was to defensive football. Brady had Moss for 2 years and he wasnt peak Moss, it took Montana 4 years to win with Rice after getting curbstonped for 3 years in a row with him.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I dont give a fukk about some articles, I go by what I saw. So how did Brady separate his shoulder in 2002 if he wasnt getting hit?? Broke 3 ribs without getting hit? I watched Dan Morgan headbutt him to the chin in SB 38. Jason Taylor used to terrorize Brady. I watched Dumervil and Jay Alford split him and Grady Jarrett was ragdolling him in SB 51. Montana was frail. Stop acting like he waa getting brutalized every week.

:mjlol: u comparing them average at best pass rushers to the all-time great from da 80’s - 90’s

and u proved my point by using Brady injury in ‘02 : when i posted an article the chronologically showed how the league protected the quarterback by changing the rules every year from ‘00 to ‘04

premier58

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: u comparing them average at best pass rushers to the all-time great from da 80’s - 90’s

and u proved my point by using Brady injury in ‘02 : when i posted an article the chronologically showed how the league protected the quarterback by changing the rules every year from ‘00 to ‘04
Brady played the 2nd half of 2005 with a sports hernia. Severely sprained ankle in 2007, torn ACL i ln 2008, broken ribs in 2009. Jason Taylor was far from average. He was a great defensive end for a long time. As were many players from Bradys era. Youre giving Montana credit for being brittle. Comical. Brady has taken harder hits and got right back up. Hes just tougher.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Brady played the 2nd half of 2005 with a sports hernia. Severely sprained ankle in 2007, torn ACL i ln 2008, broken ribs in 2009. Jason Taylor was far from average. He was a great defensive end for a long time. As were many players from Bradys era. Youre giving Montana credit for being brittle. Comical. Brady has taken harder hits and got right back up. Hes just tougher.

:snoop: Brady is soft as toilet tissue

:snoop: Jason Taylor wouldn’t be a top 25 pass rusher from back in dem dayz

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brady won 3-4 of his superbowls from 2015-2021...why you comparing to 2000-2010...If he didnt get hurt if he didnt get hurt....if the Giants reciever didnt carch the ball on the back of his helmet Brady has 8.....BRady also got hurt and had to wear a brace for the last half of his career and won 4 more chips .... the guy went to 10 superbowls lol...no QB is as good as him

Yes there are