Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Megastar
Superstar
Star

There's the 3 levels IMO.

Dudes that basically transcend rap usually enter megastardom(or superstardom if the visible reach isn't quite there yet). Future hasn't transcended rap IMO. He's got all the tools though to do so, so if he gets another song as successful for him as Mask Off, that might just be what's needed for him to hit that level.

Superstar is even high praise but there's a good argument for him there.

Megastar tho? lol

And who made up these arbitrary levels?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. I know Future got white fans, but they hiphop fans. But Future hasn't transcended borders on the level of Snoop for sure, nor is he mainstream even on Khaled's level. Nor have we seen pop artists interested in collaborating with like you see with Wiz.

Future's fanbase might be HUGE but its very restricted (niche). You can't be a megastar if that's the case, even if you constantly get views. Those are still niche views/buys.
Who are all the pop artists wiz has worked with?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read OP and that's it Donny bad if this was already covered but has future been asked about this or commented? Wouldn't be surprised if even he said he's not a megastar.

And smh, it's not like joe said he's a bum, just said he's not a mega star. Takes time to be a mega star man. Dude is still a million times richer than everyone on this forum

Zak Bible

Banned
Daps
joe is right
only megastars in hip hop right now are drake, jay-z and kanye. 50 and puff used to be megastars

i don't even think kendrick is there yet, hes a superstar like j cole. future is a superstar as well

Future is arguably better than all them yet not considered a megastar?

Stop playin.

He's this generations goat

:yeshrug:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta say I like this thread even tho I don't agree with most of it (he's easily a superstar) because it's actual music discussion for the most part and not that lipstick BS :scust: