Joe Budden Says Future NOT A Mega-star, Twitter in Disarray

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Eh, he's there. Future is pretty mainstream. I don't know what the difference between a MEGA STAR and a SUPER STAR other than Joe Budden wants attention?

Let's not say OH EMINEM SOLD 10 million records in 2000! This is 17 years later. People don't stream Eminem's music in heavy numbers. That's a different era. No need to compare. The average white soccer mom knows Future now, just like they did when Eminem was popular.

Future is in massive marketing campaigns, he dominates streaming, he is a well known guy all over the Internet, etc. He's as big as those guys were in his own era.
:usure:

G-Eazy Streamed More This Year Than Eminem, Kendrick & Cole - DJBooth

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm talking about the semantics.

The fukk does "megstar" mean and how is that linguistically diffeent from "superstar"?
you know good and well what the difference is... people really playing dumb, like the music industry hasn't been floating these names out since the 50s and 60s

MJ would be a megastar.. can walk into a brazilian favela, 30 years after his biggest hit, and have the hardest of gangsters fainting just to look at him... literally mobbed by thousands of people just walking around a country that doesn't even get american tv, nor can afford it if they could.. known by 80 year olds and 12 year olds just the same

DMX would be more superstar.. was huge, global hits, toured the world, you konw who he is... but at this point, unless you listened to rap when he was out.. you might not even know who the hell is is.. and your grandma definitely don't know.. and neither do your kids

now if you can't even be known when you hit france... and you can jog down to the corner store and nobody even cares... but you kinda famous in america, yet might not even be known in wyoming... you might just be on a star level

leoc

All Star
Daps
Drake, Kendrick, Future, Cole running rap right now. hard to say hes not a superstar, he co-headlined the highest grossing rap tour of all time, he's the only artist in billboard history to have 2 #1 albums in consecutive weeks. He knocking down NBA HOF'ers wives that man is a damn superstar

i'm curious, which other mainstream acts have released albums in back to back weeks? because I see people pushing that #1 back to back, but futures like the only guy to actually release two different albums in back to back weeks.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Man I forgot who said it but future was out featuring on everyone song and no one gave a fukk about him expect core fans .

He was selling 50 to 60k on his albums .

Man him and drake relationship did wonders for both guys .

Future isn't a mega star but he's a star .

I was so happy when people recognize his hard work .

Dude been mad consistent for years.

He just makes good music yes I know he ain't lyrical but don't think anyone looks to future for that .

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Drake
Hov
Ye
Em

are the artists Joey mentioned....

Future is not up there with those 4 :manny: = he's not a megastar by Joe's definition :ehh:

future sells more records than Ye, his singles do better than Ye's, his music is streamed more than Ye's and his tours do better than Ye's so how is he not on the level of Ye :patrice: what are we basing this non existent level of mega stardom for Ye compared to Future :patrice: Are people just saying Kanye just to say Kanye :patrice:

Ye last tour flopped pretty hard which made him act/pretend to be insane so he wouldn't get sued for dropping the remaining tour dates due to lack of ticket sales :patrice:

On the flip side, Futures current tour has had to add multiple dates to the same cities because they are selling out so much :patrice:

in what world is Kanye a bigger star in 2017 than Future :patrice: because hes on TMZ more often? Shia Lebouf is on TMZ more than The Rock , doesnt mean his movies are doing well in theatres anymore :patrice:

Last edited:

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
i'm curious, which other mainstream acts have released albums in back to back weeks? because I see people pushing that #1 back to back, but futures like the only guy to actually release two different albums in back to back weeks.
Doesn't matter. History is history. It's never guaranteed u gon do numbers

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
if he's considered a megastar than this era ain't even worth shyt :mjlol: guess they never witnessed these guys literally sell millions and millions of albums in a short span of years

Eminem
Snoop
Jay Z
Dr. Dre
Kanye
Luda
Ice Cube
T.I.
DMX
The Game

all of these guys sold much more albums without today's way of social media, that was back when Television, Radio was running the way these artists promote themselves.
Very stupid post. Piracy is much worse in this era waaaaaaaay worse