Joe Budden Says Future NOT A Mega-star, Twitter in Disarray

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't believe this is really a 5 page thread arguing on if Future is a Superstar or a Megastar...just because of 1 opinion from a person people swear is irrelevant.

krm101

Rookie
Daps
who are these shills trying to make jay into superstar :mjlol: these male beyonce stans rlly capin

jay aint even on 50's level in terms of popularity

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
who are these shills trying to make jay into superstar :mjlol: these male beyonce stans rlly capin

jay aint even on 50's level in terms of popularity

stop this ain't 2003

50 has been done

Jay could drop an album right now and it ain't doing no 47k(animal ambition) :mjlol:
Jay is still "that guy"
50 has been regulated to "yea I remember him"

---

Superstar
Daps
Wait someone break down what are requirements to be a mega star, superstar and star.

Cause if there is no defitinon of what the three are all talk is meaning less.

Future isn't worldwide and that is a fact.

Last edited:

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
Oh yeah I don't even mess with trap music and i know who future is. They be playing mask off on the fukking radio every time I change the dial.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
everyone you named can be placed in that category

this is what people are trying to say.. most of these dudes are stars RIGHT NOW with young black people who love hip hop

snoop is the type of person that white people who listen to country music in russia would see and say "hey isn't that that snoop doggy dogg guy"

that's a damn mega star. you don't have to pick and choose who you ask.. they know them. i never once listened to a beatles record, but if you showed me a picture, i'd say "hey that's the fukking beatles" and they was out before i was ever born

mega stars transcend genre and time and age and color and location.

I agree. I know Future got white fans, but they hiphop fans. But Future hasn't transcended borders on the level of Snoop for sure, nor is he mainstream even on Khaled's level. Nor have we seen pop artists interested in collaborating with like you see with Wiz.

Future's fanbase might be HUGE but its very restricted (niche). You can't be a megastar if that's the case, even if you constantly get views. Those are still niche views/buys.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Boy you really put French in the third category? :stopitslime:... next to Thug, Uzi and Kodak??

On a related note, i think Buddens is right. How many legit pop songs has Future been on? :whoo:I mean collabs with real pop musicians. :jbhmm:I think he got the youth and urban demo on lock, but what about the adults and women and who DONT listen to hip hop? :manny: Nor do you see him mentioned in mainstream/daytime talk shows the way someone like Khaled, Jay Z, Drake is.
Why are we basing stardom on collaberations with pop artist? Y'all stay putting cacs on pedastools