Joe Budden Says Future NOT A Mega-star, Twitter in Disarray

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
lol @ jay being recognized everywhere.

snoop and pac the only real rap megastars.

Bro, it's a paparazzi of course they knew who Jay was hence why he was recording in the first place :comeon:. He just felt offended because the bodyguard told him to stop so he tried the snide remark

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
this is when y'all start falling into the american trap.. you start seeing what goes on in america.. in your circles.. and then extend that to be happening across the globe

Nope, we honestly don't care outside of America. If you ask the average person from New York or LA if they give a shyt what goes on in Canada, England, Ireland, Czech Republic....we really don't.

first off you brought up Em... em doesn't need fukking streaming. his last album, while being trash, was #1 in the country, sold 13 million albums world wide and is 4 times platinum in the US. soccer moms know eminem by face alone. put a picture of future up and ask "who is this" and most wouldn't have a fukking clue and would probably say the damn migos or some shyt

I didn't bring up Eminem. Someone else did. I think it's well established that he is a rarity and not the norm.

Thanks for the info captain obvious. Eminem is white, of course he stands out in a genre that is 99% black :snoop:

Em's last tour grossed 36 million dollars... not much tho right? it was 6 motherfukking dates

this is all within the past 3 years mind you.. that is a MEGA star.. he doesn't need to be in your face, drop 100 singles, be on 100 songs, be in the blogs, do an interview... nothing. he says i feel like dropping some shyt and going on tour, and he makes millions and sells millions in an era that ain't selling shyt

Literally you are typing all this to stan it up. Everyone knows he is a mega star. He wasn't the only person mentioned in that list.

Not everything revolves around Eminem the token white "savior" rapper.

NONE OF THIS changes that Future, in this era, is VERY popular.

future has gone platinum a total of one time in his career. yes we are talking albums.. please don't make me compare singles with Em..

the ONE time he went plat, was a joint album with drake. the one time he went on a major tour, again it was with drake.. future was not headlining, they did 54 shows, and made 85 million... lets repeat again... em made 36 million in 6 shows

he has never had a world tour.. not even a european tour.. he has never got a plaque in any other country.. ever

Again more dikk riding of Eminem for NO REASON other than to dikk ride eminem :snoop:

This generation doesn't sell very many records. It's all about streams which Future gets A LOT. The album with Drake was VERY BIG to these kids in their era. He is on big records either on his own or by guest appearance. There is absolutely no debating this.

For the last time......most of us in the United States DO NOT CARE what happens outside of it when it comes to culture and especially music.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Ill let u do that,being that i dont work with a bunch of gerriatrics i already know what would happen....rappers had to be in movies,on tv,and be infamous to get the kindve coverage rappers can get now through social media,blogs,instagram,we not gon even talk about youtube:wow:....more people would recognize a picure of Future than wouldve recognized Biggie and Pac in they primes if i took a picture to work,biggie without a doubt....not sure why yall wanna take it there....hiphop is far more mainstream then it once was if you dont realize.
i do realize and the numbers prove it... snoop wasn't in no damn movies and tv shows until the dud that was the wash, damn near a decade later.. neither was biggie... nor dr. dre.

megastars are known by people who don't have shyt to do with hip hop.. you don't have to work with old people... how about you ask random people.. not the young people who listen to rap who are going to know who he is. no shyt he's known in rap circles.. black people are still less than 20% of the american population. you can be known by every single one of them (that would be young and geriatric) he still wouldn't be a megastar

to be a megastar, you need to be known outside of rap circles and by black people.. he's a rap star. he ain't much more than that. he can't even do a stadium tour in his own damn country and nikkas really think future is an international megastar. same dude they couldn't even tell if desiigner was him or not until a video dropped

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Anyone who thinks Future is a megastar must only listen to rap or live in a bubble. Most older people and non-Hip Hop fans MIGHT know Future because of the Ciara situation otherwise he's just another rapper.

Now that's not taking away that he's a hip hop superstar though. I think a lot of people forget that Budden prefers listening to singers over rappers in his free time.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Boy you really put French in the third category? :stopitslime:... next to Thug, Uzi and Kodak??

On a related note, i think Buddens is right. How many legit pop songs has Future been on? :whoo:I mean collabs with real pop musicians. :jbhmm:I think he got the youth and urban demo on lock, but what about the adults and women and who DONT listen to hip hop? :manny: Nor do you see him mentioned in mainstream/daytime talk shows the way someone like Khaled, Jay Z, Drake is.
everyone you named can be placed in that category

this is what people are trying to say.. most of these dudes are stars RIGHT NOW with young black people who love hip hop

snoop is the type of person that white people who listen to country music in russia would see and say "hey isn't that that snoop doggy dogg guy"

that's a damn mega star. you don't have to pick and choose who you ask.. they know them. i never once listened to a beatles record, but if you showed me a picture, i'd say "hey that's the fukking beatles" and they was out before i was ever born

mega stars transcend genre and time and age and color and location.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Nope, we honestly don't care outside of America. If you ask the average person from New York or LA if they give a shyt what goes on in Canada, England, Ireland, Czech Republic....we really don't.

I didn't bring up Eminem. Someone else did. I think it's well established that he is a rarity and not the norm.

Thanks for the info captain obvious. Eminem is white, of course he stands out in a genre that is 99% black :snoop:

Literally you are typing all this to stan it up. Everyone knows he is a mega star. He wasn't the only person mentioned in that list.

Not everything revolves around Eminem the token white "savior" rapper.

NONE OF THIS changes that Future, in this era, is VERY popular.

Again more dikk riding of Eminem for NO REASON other than to dikk ride eminem :snoop:

This generation doesn't sell very many records. It's all about streams which Future gets A LOT. The album with Drake was VERY BIG to these kids in their era. He is on big records either on his own or by guest appearance. There is absolutely no debating this.

For the last time......most of us in the United States DO NOT CARE what happens outside of it when it comes to culture and especially music.
put the pills down homie... this is what i quoted FROM YOU

Eh, he's there. Future is pretty mainstream. I don't know what the difference between a MEGA STAR and a SUPER STAR other than Joe Budden wants attention?

Let's not say OH EMINEM SOLD 10 million records in 2000! This is 17 years later. People don't stream Eminem's music in heavy numbers. That's a different era. No need to compare. The average white soccer mom knows Future now, just like they did when Eminem was popular.

Future is in massive marketing campaigns, he dominates streaming, he is a well known guy all over the Internet, etc. He's as big as those guys were in his own era.

I literally went through your post and posted a rebuttal

YOU brought up em in your post... YOU brought up his numbers. YOU didn't name any other rapper. YOU said "when" he was popular as if he didn't just do 13 million. YOU said 17 years ago like it wasn't 3 years ago. YOU brought up how YOU don't know the difference in a mega star and super star. YOU tried to argue that future was either one

NO.. he isn't. you are not a mega star if you can't even tour outside of your own damn country. shyt a superstar can do that. lil wayne has done euro tours. drake has done euro tours. Mega stars do WORLD TOURS. nobody said he wasn't popular.. the thread isn't about if he's popular. what type of idiot would say a platinum selling artist isn't popular

but nobody buys albums even tho they count streams as sales... but drake and kendrick and cole and kanye sell albums but they ain't super stars... but but but but

but then again you can't even remember what you wrote and got mad about eminem when your dumb ass is the one who brought up his name and spoke on his numbers

no more quoting me please if you can't keep up with your own posts

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
People are confusing people who are hot right now with megastars. Megastars don't fall off... Megastars are still being mobbed years after they drop slbums(Michael Jackson status) How many rappers are still being absolutely mobbed and have people lining up to see them years after dropping albums? Hell, rappers now have to jump into acting careers after they fall off musically just to keep their names out there. Historically megastars in music have done movies during their time that were pretty bad but we didn't care because we knew we would get dope music eventually. We don't have too many rap megastars.
Only two technically non-active rappers that can do this: Em and Jay. Em and Jay can announce stadium tours today and they'd sell out.

Also wanna throw in Lil Wayne name. He could have been on that Eminem/Jay level where he could have went away for years without making music but had an impact so big he would remain a megastar forever but for whatever reason (I know I know, a lot feel his music fell off terribly) his star/selling power dropped tremendously.

CaliKid87

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Bakersfield, CA
like someone else said, anyone who thinks future is a superstar is probably too young to remember the Em/50 era.
Yep, I agree. I said Future is star or super star earlier but that's on today's scale. He's no where near as popular as that whole wave at the time. Not even close.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Thread is comedy and I only made it to page 2 :laff:
Eminem:laff:
You're stupid if you think Eminem isn't a megastar. Because you don't like his music or think he hasn't been active doesn't discredit the fact he could announce a tour tomorrow and get more worldwide dates and sales than your favorite rapper or rappers you deem hot right now.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
You're stupid if you think Eminem isn't a megastar. Because you don't like his music or think he hasn't been active doesn't discredit the fact he could announce a tour tomorrow and get more worldwide dates and sales than your favorite rapper or rappers you deem hot right now.
:tu:

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I say a megastar is someone who can book Madison Square Garden and put the tickets on sale. Sellout the same day like Adele or Taylor Swift

Only hip hop acts that can do right now is

Eminem
Drake
Kanye West
Jay-Z

Nobody else except Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole can probably sellout Madison Square Garden but it take some months leading up to the show.

No other hip hop act would even have Madison Square Garden at %50 capacity even if they had a year leading up to the event

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I say a megastar is someone who can book Madison Square Garden and put the tickets on sale. Sellout the same day like Adele or Taylor Swift

Only hip hop acts that can do right now is

Eminem
Drake
Kanye West
Jay-Z

Nobody else except Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole can probably sellout Madison Square Garden but it take some months leading up to the show.

No other hip hop act would even have Madison Square Garden at %50 capacity even if they had a year leading up to the event
Cole sold it out twice .