Joe Budden Says Future NOT A Mega-star, Twitter in Disarray

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Eh, he's there. Future is pretty mainstream. I don't know what the difference between a MEGA STAR and a SUPER STAR other than Joe Budden wants attention?

Let's not say OH EMINEM SOLD 10 million records in 2000! This is 17 years later. People don't stream Eminem's music in heavy numbers. That's a different era. No need to compare. The average white soccer mom knows Future now, just like they did when Eminem was popular.

Future is in massive marketing campaigns, he dominates streaming, he is a well known guy all over the Internet, etc. He's as big as those guys were in his own era.
this is when y'all start falling into the american trap.. you start seeing what goes on in america.. in your circles.. and then extend that to be happening across the globe

first off you brought up Em... em doesn't need fukking streaming. his last album, while being trash, was #1 in the country, sold 13 million albums world wide and is 4 times platinum in the US. soccer moms know eminem by face alone. put a picture of future up and ask "who is this" and most wouldn't have a fukking clue and would probably say the damn migos or some shyt

Em's last tour grossed 36 million dollars... not much tho right? it was 6 motherfukking dates

this is all within the past 3 years mind you.. that is a MEGA star.. he doesn't need to be in your face, drop 100 singles, be on 100 songs, be in the blogs, do an interview... nothing. he says i feel like dropping some shyt and going on tour, and he makes millions and sells millions in an era that ain't selling shyt

future has gone platinum a total of one time in his career. yes we are talking albums.. please don't make me compare singles with Em..

the ONE time he went plat, was a joint album with drake. the one time he went on a major tour, again it was with drake.. future was not headlining, they did 54 shows, and made 85 million... lets repeat again... em made 36 million in 6 shows

he has never had a world tour.. not even a european tour.. he has never got a plaque in any other country.. ever

future is an american star. wouldn't even put him on superstar level. you guys really have no understand of what the world is doing and listening to. they do not care about our little hood stars. they don't even care if you doing a little platinum or gold. you gotta be selling out the ass to be a major star on a global scale.

it's the reason 50 can still do a world tour right now and get shows, but future can't. one was a mega star on a global scale. the other one is just a national star

Last edited:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I mean, put the stanning aside, i dont see what was so triggering about that statement. Future is NOT a megastar..

ONLY Megastars i acknowledge are;

Michael Jackson
Beyonce
Jay Z
Beatles

everyone else a super star; ala Kanye, Drake, 50, Snoop

and stars: Future, Nicki etc etc

Im mad confused how stupid rap fans are these days, these nikkas really in an uproar about how these new fads are super stars and megastars

your original point is correct. your list is inaccurate.

What makes you a megastar? When one of your songs come on(for the older mega stars. one of their older songs) most people in pretty much most place across the GLOBE
Mega Stars cant go anywhere without being recognized.

Snoop can go to iceland. and they will be like
Reykjavík Readies Itself for Snoop Dogg Party
Snoop Dogg, the American rapping superstar, arrives in Iceland today for his gig at Laugardalshöllin this evening, under the name of DJ Snoopadelic. His list of demands has been leaked to the media and contains a few surprises.

Snoop dogg is a mega star. I would venture to say even though 50 cent's rapping is beyond old. and we aint checking for him at all. He's still a mega star. once you get that big where you're all over the globe with advertisements, doing marketing stuff for other countries. and your music is all over the globe like that. you end up in movies, doing TV, etc. This makes a superstar become a megastar. And for the most part. only the Elite talented can get to this point.

This usually separates the fakers from the real one.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
insanity
and i dont even fukk with hov like that anymore
he wasnt before beyonce
hes a huge megastar now
he was a megastar before the world knew for a fact they were dating. Stop the lies. dont try to act like he had to get with the queen in order to become the kind. he was already the king. if he never met Be. he would've still been the ceo of def jam purely on the fact that he was a megastar that was starting and stopping trends. everyone saw it. everyone knew what it was. hate or no hate. give the man his due. Now you toss the queen in their too and its over kill. put the bazooka down. they dead already.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What yall dont seem to understand is ,it doesnt take as much press and hype as it did in the god damn 90's and early 00's, for a hiphop artist to be visible to outside demographics:mjlol:

To think a nikka with as many hits,whos been doing it as long as Future has in an innanet era isnt recognizable:laff:?to think he isnt known and a staple in hiphop,cant make this shyt up folks:....if he aint a superstar/megastar neither was snoop in 93/94.
you know you can figure this out for yourself

walk into work tomorrow, show 20 RANDOM people a picture of future and ask "do you know who this is"

tell us how many correctly guess right

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Joe isn't qualified to speak on any of this

Snoop was much bigger.. You're underestimating him..

Nobody in my family knows who Future is outside of me and my sister.. Everybody knows who Snoop is..

Your comparing him to Snoop today,snoop is icon status today....im comparing him to Doggystyle era Snoop....guess what Snoop had,a ton of media coverage in news cast and newspapers,magazines from Source to Rolling Stone,tv shows that were popular in that time period.

You heard what i just said right?magazines and newspapers yall:mjcry:? Do you really believe somebody who has had all those things i just named,plus hits after hits,controversys,collabs and tours with megastars....doesnt have the visibility that Snoop had in the early 90's:laff:? This whole argument about being recognizable is a bad one....you think Snoop in 93 was known internationally like Future is:comeon:

I rest my case:sas1:

I mean sure its not fair to conpare eras but yall forced my hand....im just saying dont downplay what Future is and his status....hes on par with nikkas yall considered megastars in the 90's based on what yall seem to be arguing:sas1:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you know you can figure this out for yourself

walk into work tomorrow, show 20 RANDOM people a picture of future and ask "do you know who this is"

tell us how many correctly guess right

Ill let u do that,being that i dont work with a bunch of gerriatrics i already know what would happen....rappers had to be in movies,on tv,and be infamous to get the kindve coverage rappers can get now through social media,blogs,instagram,we not gon even talk about youtube:wow:....more people would recognize a picure of Future than wouldve recognized Biggie and Pac in they primes if i took a picture to work,biggie without a doubt....not sure why yall wanna take it there....hiphop is far more mainstream then it once was if you dont realize.

Cracked

Pro
Daps
Future is definitely a superstar and a staple in a hip-hop, but not a megastar.

I consider someone a megastar if they can go anywhere on the planet and constantly be swarmed by fans. Such as Ye
webster_hall-crush.jpg
Drake
maxresdefault.jpg
Eminem
eminem-and-fans-1389191713-view-0.jpg
Jay
images

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Future ain't no fukking super nor megastar

He does number 1 albums with weak competition those particular weeks

More people probably know Designer internationally than fukking Future.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Currently, in regards to artists that are active:

Megastars: Drake, Nicki, Kendrick & Kanye
Superstars: Cole, Migos, Future, Meek Mill & Big Sean
Stars: Thugger, Lil Uzi, Chance, French Montana & Kodak

Boy you really put French in the third category? :stopitslime:... next to Thug, Uzi and Kodak??

On a related note, i think Buddens is right. How many legit pop songs has Future been on? :whoo:I mean collabs with real pop musicians. :jbhmm:I think he got the youth and urban demo on lock, but what about the adults and women and who DONT listen to hip hop? :manny: Nor do you see him mentioned in mainstream/daytime talk shows the way someone like Khaled, Jay Z, Drake is.