Jimmy Fallon has that white Tik Tok girl on his show do dances created by blacks

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
This discussion comes up every 12 months. Black kids (black folks in general) are the driving force behind social media and trendsetting. But you want to dress it up and put a white face on it for the masses.

last time there was an article about a black creators mansion in Atlanta that was for things like this. To give black creators the same opportunities as the whites in California that get paid by corporations to try and start trends on tik tok etc. I didn’t follow it too closely but I’m sure COVID slowed things down.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
:yeshrug:

nikkas just did it for likes anyway ... they werent thinking about business.

we dont even own the music - so how can we claim the dances?

cacs could just say "this is white-owned music so shut the fukk up"

I really want cacs to start flexing on nikkas, so we can finally wake up as a collective.
Shut the fukk up p*ssy ass c00n

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Shes white
U got regular white girls with 4mill ig followers
True that. That one Ryan kid makes millions off his channel plus all the other ones making big money on that platform. Kids enjoy seeing these dances and with YouTube being a worldwide phenomenon, they can get lots of followers.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
TikTok and the rise of cacs like Addison Rae reminds me of a thought I had the other day.....

I remember back when memes and overall "content" were the product of message boards just capturing random photos, videos, .gifs, MS-Paint sketches...shyt like that. People were just creating content for (and Im showing my age here) the lulz. FOr the fukk of it. It was spontaneous and organic.

And before social media, the Internet was very much like the wild wild west. Untamed and you never knew what you found. But the beauty was finding places that appealed not only to the current you but also could tap into your nostalgia, a impeccable feat considering how vast the userbase of the internet was even then.

Nowadays....

The whole thing is so soul crushingly commercialized. Every TikTok, Twitter, IG and FB post is curated to try and generate traffic, to get the low hanging fruit. The best of which is outright stolen and reposted on more popular accounts. And when everyone from teenagers to boomers isnt trying to clout chase, they are preying on your nostalgia. They make posts or collages of 90s entertainment content meant to evoke memories of better and simpler days. But same principle applies as they are only doing it to try and get you to click and follow their accounts.

Mind you thanks to Twitch Streaming, Reddit and Discord, the message board culture has seen a resurgence.

Point remains, the internet used to be a hold out agains the corporations, but they won out in the end. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
Honestly I could careless about any of this crap Black people are damn near finished Black Women blame us for any and everything and side with whites against us, white media makes us look like devils, I’m tired of it.

Call me a c00n but at this point give me the whitest Becky you can find and I’ll be happy and my kids will at least not have to deal with non of the bullshyt we have to.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I mean I get it but we as a people got to be smarter about our intellectual properties. You can't be giving shyt away for free on an app you don't own or have any shares in and then when it goes viral and corporations snatch your shyt up you get angry b/c they left you out. Haven't yall learned anything from the past 50 years of how this shyt works. We throw shyt up against the wall for free and then hope advertisers come to us for deals. When they don't we cry foul. Not caping for corporations at all but that's why you have to go into this shyt with some skin in the game. If you don't you just fresh meat and everyone else gonna eat but you.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Don’t know who she is, and they’re just stupid dances. Brehs care about the wrong things. Be mad about stuff that actually matters

they're making money off of black creativity but we worried about the wrong things?:gucci:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I blame you jive ass nikkas.
cracka sing with a 10th of the soul
anybody around the way can.....cookout.
I blame you nikkas.
vHgYOwi.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

bnew

Veteran
Daps
nikkas created them wack ass rhythmless dances:mjlol:

I swear this generation of nikkas the most white like ever:scust:

their non-sexual dance moves that even overweight and disabled people can perform. this generation gets its props. :obama:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
TikTok and the rise of cacs like Addison Rae reminds me of a thought I had the other day.....

I remember back when memes and overall "content" were the product of message boards just capturing random photos, videos, .gifs, MS-Paint sketches...shyt like that. People were just creating content for (and Im showing my age here) the lulz. FOr the fukk of it. It was spontaneous and organic.

And before social media, the Internet was very much like the wild wild west. Untamed and you never knew what you found. But the beauty was finding places that appealed not only to the current you but also could tap into your nostalgia, a impeccable feat considering how vast the userbase of the internet was even then.

Nowadays....

The whole thing is so soul crushingly commercialized. Every TikTok, Twitter, IG and FB post is curated to try and generate traffic, to get the low hanging fruit. The best of which is outright stolen and reposted on more popular accounts. And when everyone from teenagers to boomers are trying to clout chase, they are preying on your nostalgia. They make posts or collages of 90s entertainment content meant to evoke memories of better and simpler days. But same principle applies as they are only doing it to try and get you to click and follow their accounts.

Mind you thanks to Twitch Streaming, Reddit and Discord, the message board culture has seen a resurgence.

Point remains, the internet used to be a hold out agains the corporations, but they won out in the end. :yeshrug:
Money will always rule the world

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
:yeshrug:

nikkas just did it for likes anyway ... they werent thinking about business.

we dont even own the music - so how can we claim the dances?

cacs could just say "this is white-owned music so shut the fukk up"

I really want cacs to start flexing on nikkas, so we can finally wake up as a collective.
That’s how I know you’re a business man like me. Someone once said “capitalism has no moral base.” Young white girls are more marketable. She has what., over 30 million followers? Of course she’s going to be first choice on that show.

If black people cared more about ownership than recognition, this wouldn’t even be an issue. Instead clowns cry about the Oscars being too white, or the Grammys not respecting black artists.

How about fukk them and start our own shyt? Lord knows I’m trying but too many black people care more about white recognition than anything.

Chris Rock said it best: “when Italians got disrespected, they said fukk you and made little Italy. The Chinese got disrespected and they said fukk you and made China Town. Black people care more about integrating than creating their own shyt. There’s no little Africa.”

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cacs don't support brehs like that. Look at these if follower numbers

Kendall Jenner - 157 million
Selena Gomez 218 million
Addison Rae - 37.5 million

Future - 16.5 million
Ciara 27.5 million
Lil Baby - 11.6 million (Highest selling artist of 2020)
Zion Williamson - 5 million
Usher - 9 million

luka donic - 5.6 million

yea you are right