Jimmy Fallon has that white Tik Tok girl on his show do dances created by blacks

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
You ever go to the Chicago museum of science & technology?

there’s an interactive hip hop board there, it shows how rapping started & teaches you break dance moves.
Not one black person in it, & the break dancing is done by a holographic white girl

Daps
Reppin
NYC
aCS5tle.jpg

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
copywriting and intellectual property should be taught to back children in elementary.

we need to learn and understand all the basics of business early on then shyt like this would happen much less. :yeshrug:
knowledge should be sought... this is the world we live in. the information age. if you got time for entertainment you got time to learn. this is more about a mindset than being instructed.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
"economics of social media"
:mjlol:

You don't own a dance. It's not intellectual property. Nor are tweets that go viral. The entire platform is nothing more than a farm of ideas where the only people making money are...Jack Dorsey and his shareholders, and the corporations who own the media you advertise for free on twitter. It's 2021. Black people are (still only) 13-14% of the population in the US. Any cool shyt you "create" is going to be adopted by white people. If you're mad you got two options: monetize (music, video, film, etc) or cry about it.

There are literally millions of people on social media dancing and stealing shyt. I don't want to hear a god damn thing about "colonizers" or white supremacy.

And don't even get me started on the fact that so many black people LOVE going on twitter and providing free advertising for all these Disney shows, all these bullshyt reality tv shows, etc etc. If all you're doing is dancing and consuming corporate media, what are you contributing to YOURSELF? Nothing. Now get out my face.

The Blackout

F-ck Da Mods
Daps
knowledge should be sought... this is the world we live in. the information age. if you got time for entertainment you got time to learn. this is more about a mindset than being instructed.

mindsets need to changed on a cultural level and there’s no better place for it then the beginning years of learning.. all things economical should be priority

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
White people always stealing black inventions and taking all the credit...:hhh: it just never stops... 2021 they still doing this Bullshyt
creations are property. how do you safeguard your property? do you just hope that nobody takes it or have preventative measures? we can also learn how prevent the inevitable and tax offenders. there's all types of organizations like for music writers, screen writers and so forth that advocate for them and help organize the way their industry collects on royalties. dances or just Black creatives can have a similar agency that advocates for everyone in membership. so when you create a dance it can be put into a game, tv show used in a routine etc and you get dividends collected in perpetuity. somebody in Korea wants to use 13 seconds of your arrangement you get a piece. it's about organization we have the tools.

complaining in this era is helplessness

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You ever go to the Chicago museum of science & technology?

there’s an interactive hip hop board there, it shows how rapping started & teaches you break dance moves.
Not one black person in it, & the break dancing is done by a holographic white girl

Wow you shytting me. My dad told me in the 90s hey you love rap? Well you better pay close attention cause in 50 years white folks gonna be claiming it like the blues and jazz.

Damn I hate it had to be the chicago museum of science and technology. I basically grew up on that museum as a kid. But that is some straight up racist shyt.

Daps
:yeshrug:

nikkas just did it for likes anyway ... they werent thinking about business.

we dont even own the music - so how can we claim the dances?

cacs could just say "this is white-owned music so shut the fukk up"

I really want cacs to start flexing on nikkas, so we can finally wake up as a collective.

YOU ARE ENLIGHTENED

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
"economics of social media"
:mjlol:

You don't own a dance. It's not intellectual property. Nor are tweets that go viral. The entire platform is nothing more than a farm of ideas where the only people making money are...Jack Dorsey and his shareholders, and the corporations who own the media you advertise for free on twitter. It's 2021. Black people are (still only) 13-14% of the population in the US. Any cool shyt you "create" is going to be adopted by white people. If you're mad you got two options: monetize (music, video, film, etc) or cry about it.

There are literally millions of people on social media dancing and stealing shyt. I don't want to hear a god damn thing about "colonizers" or white supremacy.

And don't even get me started on the fact that so many black people LOVE going on twitter and providing free advertising for all these Disney shows, all these bullshyt reality tv shows, etc etc. If all you're doing is dancing and consuming corporate media, what are you contributing to YOURSELF? Nothing. Now get out my face.
you don't own a tweet but a tweet was sold for millions

the argument for a dance being intellectual property is easily made by the fact that choreography is a paid profession. the laws can be adjusted with advocacy in an organized manner. laugh now until someone who isn't Black does all of this first. then it will be a different tune again.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
creations are property. how do you safeguard your property? do you just hope that nobody takes it or have preventative measures? we can also learn how prevent the inevitable and tax offenders. there's all types of organizations like for music writers, screen writers and so forth that advocate for them and help organize the way their industry collects on royalties. dances or just Black creatives can have a similar agency that advocates for everyone in membership. so when you create a dance it can be put into a game, tv show used in a routine etc and you get dividends collected in perpetuity. somebody in Korea wants to use 13 seconds of your arrangement you get a piece. it's about organization we have the tools.

complaining in this era is helplessness

You can copywrite performative dance moves!!! :comeon: I copywrite my books all the time it is an option on that website... People have every right to complain... :mindblown: people tired of getting their shyt bitten off and get no credit for it

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:yeshrug:

nikkas just did it for likes anyway ... they werent thinking about business.

we dont even own the music - so how can we claim the dances?

cacs could just say "this is white-owned music so shut the fukk up"

I really want cacs to start flexing on nikkas, so we can finally wake up as a collective.
none of that is a bad thing. you shouldn't be thinking about business while making up dances but you should be able to get paid on your ideas regardless.