Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
So Jim likes for you to pay for games you get to keep for free until you stop paying and then your games go away.

Ya, what a great service. Pay money for "free" games that disappear after you don't pay monthly for a worse online service.

PSN sucks compared to Live. People don't mind paying for Live for a reason. Most all games play better on Live anyways. Tried playing the biggest multi player game on consoles...COD on PSN? It sucks compared to Live.

Oh boy! Let's pay money to crappy PSN, where I can't even get in a party chat..where my PSN trophies take time loading up, and where I get free games (even though i pay monthly so they're really not free), and when I stop paying, they take them away from me.

Great system! PSN, where we get hacked my Anon!

You can call them free rentals if you want to, who gives a fukk, the bottom line is that SONY isn't charging you extra for them as long you pay for the service, and doesn't charge you AT ALL to play your games online, use the browser, use netflix, etc. They give you a fair choice. MS gives you none.

People pay for live because they have already invested in the console. I don't think they are going to get away with charging people to use basic utilities next generation.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
All you people claiming M$ is "scamming" people with online play are morons. Prior to Xbox there was never a seamless, intuitive, pick up and play system where console gamers could easily get started in online gaming. M$ provided that and is currently reaping the benefits of over 50 million Xbox live members. I know alot of you Sony funboys have "absolutely no clue" why xbox is so successful. But if you would take 5 min and pull your head out of your ass the answer is obvious. But since $35/yr is such an absolute waste of money that you wouldn't even consider it, then to you i say enjoy your psn service. Enjoy another generation of Sony playing catchup with its online offerings.

If MS had a "bare bones" online option that was free that allowed you to watch netflix, use twitter/facebook, surf the web, and play games online how many people do you think would cancel their paid subscriptions and go with the free version? The answer is a whole lot. Nobody really values all that garbage you dudes go on and on about.

You keep bringing up 35 dollars like it aint shyt to you, but it means a lot to MS, that's why they demand it from you to do basic ass shyt :heh:

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
nobody can really deny this

i remember being pissed when sony had that free game a day shyt going on or whatever and most of my friends being ps3 owners were FEASTING off of that shyt literally downloading tons and tons of free content.

also if u turn both on the ps3 seems like its connected to the outside world more. Like content is being refreshed quicker, updates are given. Ps3 has way more betas etc. as well.

to compare it to the web xbox live reminds me of a static website where ps3 seems more like a dynamic website where content is being consistently added

ridge

Daps
nobody can really deny this

i remember being pissed when sony had that free game a day shyt going on or whatever and most of my friends being ps3 owners were FEASTING off of that shyt literally downloading tons and tons of free content.

also if u turn both on the ps3 seems like its connected to the outside world more. Like content is being refreshed quicker, updates are given. Ps3 has way more betas etc. as well.

to compare it to the web xbox live reminds me of a static website where ps3 seems more like a dynamic website where content is being consistently added

I CAN AGREE WITH THIS. XBOX LIVE COMES OFF VERY RIGID AND CONTROLLED A FAR AS CONTENT GOES. HELL EVERYTHING IS LIKE THAT WITH XBOX (PROPRIETARY HARD DRIVE ETC)

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
If you actually knew anything about Xbox live, you would have realized that Xbox live has literally been updated and refreshed nearly every 6-8 months since its initial inception. Each update is gets usually grants it new innovations and features. Given this, there is no reason to doubt there will be a new update upon the release of the xbox 720. But since your appear to be an ignorant "hater" of xbox live for no reason other than it being "too expensive", i'm sure you'll just ignore this inconvenient fact and continue to spread lies and misinformation.

funny-gif-Michael-Cera-awkward.gif

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
People pay for live because they have already invested in the console. I don't think they are going to get away with charging people to use basic utilities next generation.

I don't disagree wit you often but I got to here...no way in hell they gonna stop charging for XBL. They'll probably bring Netflix out from behind the wall and act like that is something special but just throw away an easy billion dollars a year in the :trash: like that? Not possible.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don't disagree wit you often but I got to here...no way in hell they gonna stop charging for XBL. They'll probably bring Netflix out from behind the wall and act like that is something special but just throw away an easy billion dollars a year in the :trash: like that? Not possible.

You may be right but if sony makes it clear that they aren't going to be charging for online play next gen I've gotta expect people to weigh those options when they decide which system to buy.

If they bring netflix from behind the wall they risk losing money too. A lotta people are like me and only use their console for two things - games and netflix.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
:smh: at nikkaz still acting like psn aint trash, shyt is a joke compared to xbl, like it nothin they do better than xbl, and fukk i look like buying ps+, fukk i look like waiting that long to play a game that i want to play, if i dont wait that long to get a game most like im just not interested, 99% of my play is online multi, and that my favorite parts of games, fukk i look like being on psn for that, if online is a hugh part of your gaming i dont see how u wouldnt choose xbl, for real cause u knw xbox will always be 10 sets ahead in that department and sony will be playing catch up and just copy msft

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
is it true MS advertises on the 360 behind the pay wall? my 360 hasnt been online in ages...

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
LOL @ anyone saying you not really getting games for free cause it's a subscription.

If I download 3 games worth $20 each then the subscription is paid for.

There's no reason for anyone should be defending Microsoft for this.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:usure:

You think Sony wont charge for online play next generation? In fact you better hope they do so they can improve the PSN infrastructure.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:usure:

You think Sony wont charge for online play next generation? In fact you better hope they do so they can improve the PSN infrastructure.

:snoop: @ you dudes hoping Sony charges so you feel better about paying.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
Its a biased article, so its a joke. How so?
It's done this with practically every feature on Xbox Live Gold. Netflix, Amazon Video, and (before retirement) social apps like Twitter and Facebook all require Gold subscriptions to use, despite these items being freely available on almost every electronic device on the market. Hell, my television can access Netflix, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and a Web browser, and they're all better than the Xbox 360 versions -- they browse faster, they stream more consistently, and their search functions blow the 360's pathetic offerings out of the water.
So this guy says that Netflix is better than his 360's version?
And the web browser is better too? On his TV? That would only be true if the TV had an actual PC built into it. If it did, then what are we really saying here :beli:
Doesn't his TV do all those things better than the ps3 as well since the xbox does all that better than the ps3

This is first step of being bias. He's not even talking about the ps3 anymore, he's bringing in other shyt to boost his argument for ps3 aka :ufdup:

And it had the nerve to the search fucntions blow the 360 out the water :what:
I can search for anything buy simply just saying "Xbox, Bing, anything" and anything appears INSTANTLY
Not sure why dudes gotta lie to kick it, but hey :manny:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Didn't know they charged for Netflix. Geeze. Charging for admission then the rides on top of that.

Paying for Twitter. :heh:
Those who defend Microsoft for that bullshyt are the scum of the earth.

That shyt is worse than fukking APPLE which loves to make the most out of bullshyt

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
:snoop: @ you dudes hoping Sony charges so you feel better about paying.
No sir, we pay for a whole lot more than the bullshyt you guys give us credit for. We pay for a online gaming network that doesn't let outsiders (aka hackers/kids who choose to glitch to win) control the environment. ON PC you gotta worry about ppl using Aim Bots and shyt like that. Same on ps3
Not on xbox. You could pull up a link of somebody who did it, but that person isn't doing it TODAY
On ps3, did you realize ppl was using Aimbots on there since Modern Warfare 1... and still do today :usure:

Like, thats how fukked up ps3 online is. Top game this gen is deemed unplayable on ps3

Call of Duty Multiplayer Now ‘Unplayable’, Thanks To PS3 Hack | GameFront

HOW fukkIN LONG ARE YOU fukkIN IDIOTS GONNA IGNORE THE 100% MAIN REASON XBL IS NECESSARY?

Lets ignore that, then talk about how I have to pay to use Netflix :dead:

Look clown, the reason that shyt isn't free is because if it was? Hackers would be able to infiltrate the network.. get caught, then make a new username like they do on ps3 and continue the fukkery.

I'm sorry I never explained that to you. But now that I have, would you rather pay $35 a year (easily found online) to prevent that and get a bunch of features you can't get anywhere else? Or not pay $35 and have a shytty online experience

Its a fukkin no brainer, so fukk outta hurr :umad: I :win: