Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
typical bullshyt stan response. Just say "I dont mind using an inferior service so i can save $35/yr." No need to shyt on what are obviously helpful innovations.

Hopefully when you become gainfully employed you will be able to pay your xbox live bill without letting your lights and phone bill go unpaid. Until then happy PSN gaming!

leaving voicmail is a helpful innovation breh

please tell me more :youngsabo:

the fukk would a nikka leave me a voicemail for when im playing the game breh

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
So Jim likes for you to pay for games you get to keep for free until you stop paying and then your games go away.

Ya, what a great service. Pay money for "free" games that disappear after you don't pay monthly for a worse online service.
:whoa:

Back in my day, this service was called SEGA Channel, and it was :ahh:

I do agree with the rest of your post about PSN being inferior, but I can't knock Plus.

That's probably the one feature that I'd like to see on XBL in some form, eventually.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Playing games online should be free. I have no problems if they want to charge extra for other services though.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Playing games online should be free. I have no problems if they want to charge extra for other services though.
EA sucks for having Online Passes and shyt, but I think they're getting it.

You don't need a pass to play NFSMW online, but you DO need one to get Speed Points (an ultimately useless statistic) in multiplayer.

This keeps the player pool as large as possible, without segmenting the userbase like a lot of the paid content usually does, AND allowing those who bought the game new/bought an Online Pass to stick out.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Some of you guys are terrible at logic. You have semi good points but flood them with poor logic.

For example, @Cockmeat Sandwich, I respect that you have problems with PS being hacked and therefore some games that are played on PSN are virtually unplayable due to cheaters. However, you act as though paying for XBL is what makes XBL better. Sony could decide to charge you for PSN, not change anything about their network and it wouldn't get magically get better. Correlation does not imply causation. If you feel that XBL is worth the money because the games you play are safer on XBox then that makes sense. Still for a lot of people, the games they play don't have cheaters on them (e.g. me) so it doesn't make sense to pay for Live.

@Ineedmoney504 - outside of the hacking mentioned by Courtdog, the online experience on XBox is not that superior. Party chat is ok, but it doesn't make for a far better experience. In fact, I liked XBL better when there was no Party Chat. That was when your teammates were actually chatting about the game they were playing and not silent because they were off in another chat room speaking to 7 people that were playing 7 different games.

@The Twenty Club, the word free has always struck me as a misnomer when it comes to the games you get with PS+. However, that doesn't make this a raw deal. Yes you're basically "renting" games because once my subscription ends, I no longer have access to those "free" games that I got through PS+. But guess what... every time my XBL subscription ends I don't have access to the online portion of the game I already paid for. You tell me which is worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel you guys. But like I said... I just find it funny when someone's stance is.. "I get the free games for it!!!1!!one!!"

Anyways, I digress. What the F happened to SOCOM. :deadmanny:

ps.. how many post until i can see my notifications, and daps and all that shiz? i see i have all this stuff, and i can't even look at it!

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Some of you guys are terrible at logic. You have semi good points but flood them with poor logic.

For example, @Cockmeat Sandwich, I respect that you have problems with PS being hacked and therefore some games that are played on PSN are virtually unplayable due to cheaters. However, you act as though paying for XBL is what makes XBL better. Sony could decide to charge you for PSN, not change anything about their network and it wouldn't get magically get better. Correlation does not imply causation. If you feel that XBL is worth the money because the games you play are safer on XBox then that makes sense. Still for a lot of people, the games they play don't have cheaters on them (e.g. me) so it doesn't make sense to pay for Live.

@Ineedmoney504 - outside of the hacking mentioned by Courtdog, the online experience on XBox is not that superior. Party chat is ok, but it doesn't make for a far better experience. In fact, I liked XBL better when there was no Party Chat. That was when your teammates were actually chatting about the game they were playing and not silent because they were off in another chat room speaking to 7 people that were playing 7 different games.

@The Twenty Club, the word free has always struck me as a misnomer when it comes to the games you get with PS+. However, that doesn't make this a raw deal. Yes you're basically "renting" games because once my subscription ends, I no longer have access to those "free" games that I got through PS+. But guess what... every time my XBL subscription ends I don't have access to the online portion of the game I already paid for. You tell me which is worse.

just too much raw logic...

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Didn't even notice you mentioned me. What is worse? I'd imagine being brainwashed into thinking you're getting FREE games by PAYING for PSN+. When people run out of their subscription for Live, they know they better re-up it, or they're not playing online. It's not like they can't play the game at all.

I stand by my stance. I think it's idiotic for people to say they're getting free games, when they're paying money for those games to play. Not saying you think it's that way, but there are people that do. :smugdraper:

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
This is just my opinion. But I keep Xbox live simply because all my homeboys have Xbox live. I don't really pay attention to all that other shyt, like the apps and stuff. I use Netflix on it when I feel like it, its not make or break since I'm already paying for Netflix anyway. But when PSN when down for the summer, I quit fukking with them. Its a free service yes, but I was pissed not being able to download my games. Yeah I know that's petty but that bytch was down for a WHILE! Then they came back and tried to give away games and shyt but I was like fukk it. Live has NEVER gone down that long. NEVER. So they can keep that shyt, I'll probably get a PS4 or a Vita later down the line but for now, I'm straight on a PS3. And I've had two that crashed and one Xbox that gave me the redlights. Strange. Xbox Live is just more reliable. Sorry. I join a party with my nigs to talk shyt all day. Even playing COD against those racists little kids is funny. "Looks like the ******s are here!" "Your mom loves black cock"..It never gets boring. lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is just my opinion. But I keep Xbox live simply because all my homeboys have Xbox live. I don't really pay attention to all that other shyt, like the apps and stuff. I use Netflix on it when I feel like it, its not make or break since I'm already paying for Netflix anyway.

I heard that. This generation, it just happens to be an Xbox generation this time in the USA. It's what most of us are playing on, and it feels great on it. The chat is way better sounding imo, than the tin can sounding PSN mics. Plus every 360 comes with a mic, making chances that playing with people, they'll have a mic. Which doesn't bother me if they do or not.. all my friends have mics, and we party up when playing COD, unless to shyt talk on our foes...

It happens... Last generation I was all over SOCOM and my PS2. My Xbox was for Oblivion, and Halo and that Star Wars game. I was all about PS2... before that, PS1, and Dreamcast and so on.

This time around, it's the 360... it's so hot right now. Like Hansel on Zoolander.

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
I heard that. This generation, it just happens to be an Xbox generation this time in the USA. It's what most of us are playing on, and it feels great on it. The chat is way better sounding imo, than the tin can sounding PSN mics. Plus every 360 comes with a mic, making chances that playing with people, they'll have a mic. Which doesn't bother me if they do or not.. all my friends have mics, and we party up when playing COD, unless to shyt talk on our foes...

It happens... Last generation I was all over SOCOM and my PS2. My Xbox was for Oblivion, and Halo and that Star Wars game. I was all about PS2... before that, PS1, and Dreamcast and so on.

This time around, it's the 360... it's so hot right now. Like Hansel on Zoolander.

Exactly. And I'm over in Japan and you can barely find a Xbox in stores over here. They barely even sell them..lol.. Sony is racking it up over here. So Xbox live is cheap way to kick it with the homies overseas and play games. Its a generational thing. And Sony's mic link was hot bullshyt. I connected my bluetooth to the PS3 and the bluetooth sounded better when hooked up to my phone. They may have improved it but I haven't had a PS3 since 2010.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
this article (may be) poorly written and the thread's title is very misleading.

microsoft has been pullin wool since 360's launch. you're paying for them to give you access to shyt you can already use on your other devices, at least PS+ gives you shyt. hell Sony gave us a free game, and free PS+ for a while, when their servers got hacked.

BUT IF U DONT USE THEM WHO GIVES A fukk ALL I DO ON MY 360 IS PLAY ONLINE I GOT TWITTER FB ETC... ON MY PHONE I DONT NEED TO USE IT ON XBOX :mjpls: AND PS3'S ONLINE SUCKS ASS ANYWAY SO IT NEEDS TO BE FREE

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
XBOX OFFERS BETTER ONLINE PLAY AND OPTIONS REGARDING ONLINE PLAY

BUT FORCING USERS TO BUY THEIR SERVICE TO ACCESS OTHER SERVICES THEY ALREADY PAY FOR (IE NETFLIX) IS A TRAVESTY
This is a LIE that's been told so many times people have adopted it as truth, ask someone who has both PSN and LIVE and they wouldn't be able to tell you what LIVE does better only that you can party chat.
:rudy: