Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
All you people claiming M$ is "scamming" people with online play are morons. Prior to Xbox there was never a seamless, intuitive, pick up and play system where console gamers could easily get started in online gaming. M$ provided that and is currently reaping the benefits of over 50 million Xbox live members. I know alot of you Sony funboys have "absolutely no clue" why xbox is so successful. But if you would take 5 min and pull your head out of your ass the answer is obvious. But since $35/yr is such an absolute waste of money that you wouldn't even consider it, then to you i say enjoy your psn service. Enjoy another generation of Sony playing catchup with its online offerings.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
if ms makes netflix and all those other services free and lowers the price of live, this wouldnt even be a conversation. first nintendo, now ms seem to think they dont need to be competitive all of a sudden

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
UNTIL SONY OFFERS SERVICES LIKE THIS, IDONT WANNA HEAR PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT XBOX LIVE
MS CAN CHARGE BECAUSE THEY OFFER A VASTLY SUPERIOR ONLINE PLAY PLATFORM TO ITS DIRECT COMPETITION (SONY)

It's not vastly superior breh...I can get on PSN right now, join a game and talk with other gamers playing. THats all I need. I gives a fukk about party chat and all that other shyt. I realize it's great for most gamers especially in clans and shyt but that alone doesn't make it superior to PSN.

THe main thing most gamers complain about, even M$ fanboys, is M$ charging you to use everything behind the XBL Gold wall. It's bullshyt and people get tired of the sheep praising M$ for XBL Gold. They use exactly what you just said to sell the shyt as "SUPERIOR" service which is :duck:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:laugh: i was almost with dudes bytch ass rant up until he said this

ive used netflix on tons of devices and tv's and none compare to the netflix app on the 360. Browsing, playing layout etc etc

All I know is Netflix on PS3 has been better than 360 for a minute...and the Youtube app shyts on the 360 one...real talk..I dont understand how a PAYING CUSTOMER can have a prob with anything dude said...the shyt isnt fair how they doing customers...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Live should be a perk of owning an Xbox over the competition. Period.

Make online free like it should be along with any apps that you already get for free.

If you want to charge for parties/jumping in friends games/etc. then that should be a "premium" portion of the service with Live Gold. That along with the ESPN app and shyt like that.

ridge

Daps
It's not vastly superior breh...I can get on PSN right now, join a game and talk with other gamers playing. THats all I need. I gives a fukk about party chat and all that other shyt. I realize it's great for most gamers especially in clans and shyt but that alone doesn't make it superior to PSN.

THe main thing most gamers complain about, even M$ fanboys, is M$ charging you to use everything behind the XBL Gold wall. It's bullshyt and people get tired of the sheep praising M$ for XBL Gold. They use exactly what you just said to sell the shyt as "SUPERIOR" service which is :duck:

BREH ONLINE ON PS3 WAS CLEARLY AN AFTERTHOUGHT. NOTHING IS INTEGRATED. TEXT CHAT? SMH. NOT ABLE TO HOP INTO YOUR HOMIES GAME FROM THE MENU? SMH

SO MANY GAMES IVE BOUGHT TO PLAY ONLINE ON PS3 WERE shyt ONLINE. BETAS DONT WORK PROPERLY EVER OUTSIDE KZ2 AND 3.

ID RATHER DROP THE 40-50 A YEAR FOR XBL MEMBERSHIP.

AND I DONT EVNE GAME LIKE THAT ANYMORE.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laugh:
You can always tell who played online on Ps2 and who played the Xbox.
The fvcking difference was staggering and it didn't change until THIS generation after a bunch of Updates to copy Lives functionality.

We still sending text messages in 2013 b. :smh:

I mean how many years did it take them to Update the Playstation Store which is
basically an App that isn't directly integrated into the menu seamlessly ?
There are so many slick things that microsoft does software wise that make
PSN seem like a hodgepodge of ideas slapped on after their competitor fleshed them out.

I don't think I'll ever pay for PS+ but I don't mind shelling out a couple bucks
for Live.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
BREH ONLINE ON PS3 WAS CLEARLY AN AFTERTHOUGHT. NOTHING IS INTEGRATED. TEXT CHAT? SMH. NOT ABLE TO HOP INTO YOUR HOMIES GAME FROM THE MENU? SMH
SO MANY GAMES IVE BOUGHT TO PLAY ONLINE ON PS3 WERE shyt ONLINE. BETAS DONT WORK PROPERLY EVER OUTSIDE KZ2 AND 3.

Yea I don't game like that either...all I need are the basics which is why I could care less when someone tries to sell me party chat for $59 a year. I get on Mass Effect 3 multi, talk wit the dudes on my team and I'm good.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
We used to all go on Live, get on a party chat, and then switch our videos to our PS3's, so we could all talk while playing Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2 on our PS3's. Lol.. that's how sucky the mics and chat were. We'd all be in our Live party chat, yet playing a PS3 game online to talk.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Its you. Get a better connection.

ridge

Daps
Its you. Get a better connection.

LOL THAT IS LAUGHABLE

SO EVERY OTHER DEVICE I HAVE CONNECTED HAS ALWAYS WORKED PERFECTLY BUT MY PS3 GOES SLOW FOR NO REASON? :usure:

ADMITTEDLY I HAVENT PLAYED MUCH ON MY PS3 FOR ABOUT A YEAR BUT I DARE ANY PS3 USER TO DENY THE BIG GAP BETWEEN XBL QUALITY OF SERVICE AND PSN

STOP STANNING

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
So Jim likes for you to pay for games you get to keep for free until you stop paying and then your games go away.

Ya, what a great service. Pay money for "free" games that disappear after you don't pay monthly for a worse online service.

PSN sucks compared to Live. People don't mind paying for Live for a reason. Most all games play better on Live anyways. Tried playing the biggest multi player game on consoles...COD on PSN? It sucks compared to Live.

Oh boy! Let's pay money to crappy PSN, where I can't even get in a party chat..where my PSN trophies take time loading up, and where I get free games (even though i pay monthly so they're really not free), and when I stop paying, they take them away from me.

Great system! PSN, where we get hacked my Anon!

:deadmanny:

:laff: u cant be serious you complaining about trophies loading to slow its that serious breh ?

there is no problem with cod on psn

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:deadmanny:

:laff: u cant be serious you complaining about trophies loading to slow its that serious breh ?

there is no problem with cod on psn

I wasn't going to come in here cause the article comparing two different services but

Trophies load like garbage, so does the new store the entire PSN ecosystem is trash tbh.