Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So Jim likes for you to pay for games you get to keep for free until you stop paying and then your games go away.

Ya, what a great service. Pay money for "free" games that disappear after you don't pay monthly for a worse online service.

PSN sucks compared to Live. People don't mind paying for Live for a reason. Most all games play better on Live anyways. Tried playing the biggest multi player game on consoles...COD on PSN? It sucks compared to Live.

Oh boy! Let's pay money to crappy PSN, where I can't even get in a party chat..where my PSN trophies take time loading up, and where I get free games (even though i pay monthly so they're really not free), and when I stop paying, they take them away from me.

Great system! PSN, where we get hacked my Anon!
How many times do you replay games after you've beaten them?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
So Jim likes for you to pay for games you get to keep for free until you stop paying and then your games go away.

Ya, what a great service. Pay money for "free" games that disappear after you don't pay monthly for a worse online service.

PSN sucks compared to Live. People don't mind paying for Live for a reason. Most all games play better on Live anyways. Tried playing the biggest multi player game on consoles...COD on PSN? It sucks compared to Live.

Oh boy! Let's pay money to crappy PSN, where I can't even get in a party chat..where my PSN trophies take time loading up, and where I get free games (even though i pay monthly so they're really not free), and when I stop paying, they take them away from me.

:russ::umad:

Rain

๐Ÿ‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Yeah none of this takes away from the fact that you're paying to play games online when other services are offering it for free.

And the games stay in your download history. You get them back when you re-sub. Why the hell would they offer you free games to keep permanently. You would have no incentive to stay subscribed :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah none of this takes away from the fact that you're paying to play games online when other services are offering it for free.

And the games stay in your download history. You get them back when you re-sub. Why the hell would they offer you free games to keep permanently. You would have no incentive to stay subscribed :childplease:

Then what you're paying for is "free" games.

I'm paying for "free" online play I guess.

I don't have a problem paying like 4 bucks a month for Live. One less Del Taco night a Month. I think it's easily the better of the two. Seems to me PSN has been playing catch up the whole generation. So fun always updating PSN isn't it? And again, doesn't that sound crazy? You're paying, for free games. Paying for games. Paying.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not much. Usually playing MP games online. After I beat Uncharted 2, and Infamous, didn't touch them again. I thought Uncharted 2's MP was pretty weak.

So it's not a big deal that the games go away if you don't have PS+ because most people are done with them after they beat them.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:laugh: i was almost with dudes bytch ass rant up until he said this

Hell, my television can access Netflix, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and a Web browser, and they're all better than the Xbox 360 versions -- they browse faster, they stream more consistently, and their search functions blow the 360's pathetic offerings out of the water.

ive used netflix on tons of devices and tv's and none compare to the netflix app on the 360. Browsing, playing layout etc etc

Rain

๐Ÿ‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Then what you're paying for is "free" games.

I'm paying for "free" online play I guess.

I don't have a problem paying like 4 bucks a month for Live. One less Del Taco night a Month. I think it's easily the better of the two. Seems to me PSN has been playing catch up the whole generation. So fun always updating PSN isn't it? And again, doesn't that sound crazy? You're paying, for free games. Paying for games. Paying.
Yeah except I don't have to "pay for free games" if I don't want to (not mentioning the fact that the value far outweighs the price of the subscription)

I'm not saying XBL is a bad service. I'm just saying people need to stop excusing MS charging money for something that should be free ย– which is online gaming. I think that's fair :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So it's not a big deal that the games go away if you don't have PS+ because most people are done with them after they beat them.
But you still paid for a "free" game. That's all I'm saying. They're not free games.

Yeah except I don't have to "pay for free games" if I don't want to (not mentioning the fact that the value far outweighs the price of the subscription)

I'm not saying XBL is a bad service. I'm just saying people need to stop excusing MS charging money for something that should be free ย– which is online gaming. I think that's fair :yeshrug:
I hear ya, but the millions of people who are on Live are paying. They/we must like what we're getting. I know I do. And I know MS is in no money problems with all the money they've made of of Live.

I wish PSN made you pay to play. All the games I played in the past on PSN, I thought the online setup sucked compared to Live. To me. Just like to some of you guys, Lives style sucks.

But to me Live is worth it. My big stink is the people who are saying they're getting free games. They're not. They're paying for them. Which is Sony's counter to what MS is doing with making money of Live. Sony tried with HOME. Look what that got them. Nothing. But there's a reason Sony made people start paying for free games. They need some of that money that Live is making of their gamers.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
M$ has created an entire generation of brainwashed sheep that are trying to go backwards. Happy to pay twice to play online. Happy to pay twice to watch Netflix. Then have the nerve to shyt on PS+ cuz the games aren't really "free"...you subscribe just like XBL. I thought XBL was the pinnacle of online gaming so why worry about PS+?

You get nothing"free" but hey, at least you get to party chat :krs:

But you still paid for a "free" game. That's all I'm saying. They're not free games.
But to me Live is worth it. My big stink is the people who are saying they're getting free games. They're not. They're paying for them. Which is Sony's counter to what MS is doing with making money of Live. Sony tried with HOME. Look what that got them. Nothing. But there's a reason Sony made people start paying for free games. They need some of that money that Live is making of their gamers.

They may not be "free" but at least you get something...with Live you get nothing except the ability to play online. And at least Sony gives you options. With XBL it's pretty much Gold or nothing. If Silver had free online play it's probably safe to say you would never pay for Gold again. Sony is the opposite, you can play for FREE and if you want the extra shyt it's $49. Sounds like a fair deal to me.

MidniteJay

็„กๆ•ต
Supporter
Daps
How many times do you replay games after you've beaten them?

Legit question. I don't fault PSN+ for this because many of the games I play I trade to Amazon sooner or later. I give zero fukks if the games they gave me for free goes away after cancelling my subscription.

ridge

Daps
XBOX OFFERS BETTER ONLINE PLAY AND OPTIONS REGARDING ONLINE PLAY

BUT FORCING USERS TO BUY THEIR SERVICE TO ACCESS OTHER SERVICES THEY ALREADY PAY FOR (IE NETFLIX) IS A TRAVESTY

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
So MS charging you to play games online is fine, but a completely optional service that you dont have to use is bad. :beli: This guy needs to seriously sit way the fukk down.

ridge

Daps
Can you make parties of 8 on PSN yet? Seamlesss joining off of friends name?

UNTIL SONY OFFERS SERVICES LIKE THIS, IDONT WANNA HEAR PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT XBOX LIVE

MS CAN CHARGE BECAUSE THEY OFFER A VASTLY SUPERIOR ONLINE PLAY PLATFORM THAN ITS DIRECT COMPETITION (SONY)