Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
nikkas stay c00nin for pwi talkin bout facility’s etc like a 45lbs plate weigh different at a cac school:dead:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Ok, ill be the contrarian for the day...Black athletes need to leave white colleges to attend HBCUs for what? To still play for FREE for a worthless degree in basket weaving? The real solution is for NCAA players whether at PWIs or HBCUs to lawyer up and form a union to bargain for salaries

You playing for free at a PWI too. I was watching Jalen Rose on vladtv. He already said when the summer came, he was back IN THE HOOD. Stop thinking these players is getting a bunch of money and getting their parents out the hood while they in college.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
This is wild. Jemele’s set up at the undefeated is no different than how things are set up for black athletes at PWI.....a group of blacks working together but financed by others. Would she leave that safety net for the joke that is now called black media? :childplease:

This isnt 60 years ago when black pubs and colleges could sustain our futures. We are even worse off today. :to:

I hate to say this but Jemel is now a short bus journalist

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
HBCUs will get the facilities when the players start going to the HBCUS

That's how the PWI got theirs, the facilities were not there before black players started going to these schools.

Once the black players start going to the HBUCs, the things that these PWIs have, HBCUs will have.

Simple
I really don’t think that’s accurate. The state schools had the big alumni bases.

A lot of the big 12 schools were built off oil.

The land grants, etc.

It’s just not comparable.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
:russell:.... And jemele went to Michigan State

Anyways, the HBCUs aren’t big enough to complete. Some of these big state schools probably have more black students than most HBCUs or it’s at least comparable.

You're right. Love Jemele and it's a bunch of coulda, woulda shoulda. She could have went to a HBCU but her momma didn't want her going far(she said this on Miko grimes podast). But at least she's trying to change the narrative so I'm ridin with her.

HBCU'S could complete if they had the marketing dollars and the alumni donating to these schools. If you don't have the wealthy alumni, not much you can do.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Terrible idea. Those other schools will still be powerhouses. NBA gonna drop the 1 and done rule, None of the "elite" will attend any college and the rest will go to where they can get exposure.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dog...basketball players would have to lead the way.

Agreed

If basketball guys do this for a couple of years I could see football players making the commitment

It’s possible but basketball guys gotta lead the charge

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Youre not getting it.

Lets do a yes or no thing...

1. When would a football program with no 3-5 star upperclassmen see the positive results signing ten 3-5 star freshman? Immediately or down the road?
  2. If you say immediately...well...youre a fool. I dont believe youre a fool. You know football good programs arent built off the backs of freshman. Theyre built off the backs of those freshman eventually becoming good upperclassmen. So with that said, those incoming Freshmen going to the program as the first batch of 3-5 star players will have to accept that they wont see the results of their collective signings having positive results until 2 to 3 years down the road. Those kids will have to be willing to sacrifice their futures, likely not going to the next level as a result of their sacrifices, with hopes that other 3-5 star players are willing to follow behind them.
Thats a hard sell.

One thing I can tell yall about my time at OU, there were a lot of BUMS who play Div I that are hot garbage. Pure hot garbage. I dont know how some
of them made the team. :scust:[/QUOT
:mjlol: @NYC Rebel I don't know why you still bother. I've noticed whenever we have this discussion about top black athletes going to HBCUs, the people cheerleading the most & being unrealistic are posters who aren't even college footballs fans. The only time I ever see them talking CFB is this exact discussion. That explains a lot..