Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I wonder when people are going to realize the majority of black athletes don't give a shyt about black issues or black people as a whole...

Oh that’s a given

Watch the nfl draft all them niccas got white women :dead:

:usure:

Like I said, you could possibly pull this off in basketball, but football, I don't see it.

I said the same bro

Football is a different animal

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
:gucci:

Most of these college stadiums, at least the historically good teams, were built pre-integration. The schools were supported by old money and still are.

You'd literally have build up an 80 year system, ignoring all of the socioeconomic differences, to replicate it.

You'd have to ignore the buildup of wealth by these schools through land, endowments, gifts, etc. over the last 100+ years.

College football used to be bigger than the NFL. The Army/Navy game used to be one of the most watched games on tv, same with Harvard/Yale.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Lol @ sacrifice

As if going to a HBCU school is death :mjlol: Most of the players playing at HBCUs are having a time of their lives

What are these sacrifices that they are missing out on, besides having a whirlpool, and being on CBS and ABC and playing in front of cacs :mjlol:
In football, it is a sacrifice to not have a state of the art weight room with $250k a year strength coaches giving you world class training. To having rib eye steaks and you name it during our bi weekly team dinners. Having folks regulating your sleep so youre an optimum atheltez

Yeah...that is a sacrifice youre asking these kids to take.

Yeah @Houston911...Im talking to you of you think Im on some cac shyt. fukk outta here with that. You went to UT and know difference Im talking about.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Youre not getting it.

Lets do a yes or no thing...

1. When would a football program with no 3-5 star upperclassmen see the positive results signing ten 3-5 star freshman? Immediately or down the road?
  2. If you say immediately...well...youre a fool. I dont believe youre a fool. You know football good programs arent built off the backs of freshman. Theyre built off the backs of those freshman eventually becoming good upperclassmen. So with that said, those incoming Freshmen going to the program as the first batch of 3-5 star players will have to accept that they wont see the results of their collective signings having positive results until 2 to 3 years down the road. Those kids will have to be willing to sacrifice their futures, likely not going to the next level as a result of their sacrifices, with hopes that other 3-5 star players are willing to follow behind them.
Thats a hard sell.

One thing I can tell yall about my time at OU, there were a lot of BUMS who play Div I that are hot garbage. Pure hot garbage. I dont know how some
of them made the team. :scust:

1. Immediately, You really can't determine if a team will continue to lose or win. New talent, especially better can turn a 2 win program to a 7-10 win program.

2. Using your same example, in 2008 Nick Saban's team was trash, they even lost to ULL Monroe that year, Next year in 2009 when he got his first class, were they still trash? Yes or No

3. From your example and logic, a program that has brought in 10 3-5 star Freshman won't start winning until their SRs? Down the road to me is 5-7 years
That's stupid because the coach would be fired and we are in a Now win time.

4. When did Clemson become a Powerhouse, how long did it take Dabo to build up his program and start winning? "down the road"

NYC Rebel

Daps
1. Immediately, You really can't determine if a team will continue to lose or win. New talent, especially better can turn a 2 win program to a 7-10 win program.

2. Using your same example, in 2008 Nick Saban's team was trash, they even lost to ULL Monroe that year, Next year in 2009 when he got his first class, were they still trash? Yes or No
Nick Sabans teams are trash, but theres a difference between 3 to 4 star trash and teams being held up by 1 to 2 star trash. Nick Saban and Bama can also fund coaches and other things that an HBCU cant.

The only way this works with football is if half the incoming 3 - 5 star players go to hbcus at once.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Unfortunately even if a bunch of 5 stars got together to attend an HBCU for a period of time thats not going to move the needle in HBCUs procuring the resources to compete with PWIs...These state legislatures that are majority white will not allow a public or private HBCU to accumulate those type of resources for an athletic department...and then you have to account for the maintenance of said resources..Most athletic programs at PWIs operate in the red for this reason
Someone finally gets it.

It's interesting that she got a quote from SC state, but didn't go into how state officials stripped the school of funds in favor of Clemson and U of South Carolina.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In football, it is a sacrifice to not have a state of the art weight room with $250k a year strength coaches giving you world class training. To having rib eye steaks and you name it during our bi weekly team dinners. Having folks regulating your sleep so youre an optimum atheltez

Yeah...that is a sacrifice youre asking these kids to take.

Yeah @Houston911...Im talking to you of you think Im on some cac shyt. fukk outta here with that. You went to UT and know difference Im talking about.

Bruh, you the last person I would think that about. Calm down :russ:

Read my post, I said this would be hard to make work for football. Freshmen ain’t dominating football like basketball cuz everyone has to be in school for 3 years.

It would ABSOLUTELY INDISPUTABLY work in basketball

NYC Rebel

Daps
Someone finally gets it.

It's interesting that she got a quote from SC state, but didn't go into how state officials stripped the school of funds in favor of Clemson and U of South Carolina.
Yup. You had U of M siphoning money from morgan state.

They wont let that shyt happen

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
If you have a HBCU program that had a record in 2019 (2-9) you bring in 10 3-5 star FRs into your program, we got brehs in here saying that this team will go 2-9 again in 2020? and it's stupid to think those 10 FRs won't improve the program until "down the road" :mjlol:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Bruh, you the last person I would think that about. Calm down :russ:

Read my post, I said this would be hard to make work for football. Freshmen ain’t dominating football like basketball cuz everyone has to be in school for 3 years.

It would ABSOLUTELY INDISPUTABLY work in basketball
Dog...basketball players would have to lead the way.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
4. When did Clemson become a Powerhouse, how long did it take Dabo to build up his program and start winning? "down the road"
Clemson became a powerhouse because Clemson's admin unleashed the money taps when Dabo convinced them it would pay off.

IPTAY is shelling out huge money to support that program now.

They were getting good players before, but they didn't start this current push until the money really starting rolling in and they could recruit at a top 5 level.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Would you watch a DUKE basketball game with 2 star players vs North Carolina with 2 star players (cacs at that)??

Or a Hampton basketball game with 4 of the top players in the ESPN class of 2020 playing against NC A&T with all 5 starters in the top 25 of the class of 2020?

Simple
Easy. The Duke /UNC game since I root for laundry, and that’s what most college basketball fans do.