talking out of her ass on this issue

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Jemele Hill

Michigan State University Alum

jemelehill.jpg

talking out of her ass on this issue
I went to a PWI. Her attending one has no relevancy to how lazy her point is.

Arent you white? Whats your input on this discussion? HBCUs mean what to you? For as short sighted as her point is, HBCUs obviously have value to her

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I went to a PWI. Her attending one has no relevancy to how lazy her point is.

Arent you white? Whats your input on this discussion? HBCUs mean what to you? For as short sighted as her point is, HBCUs obviously have value to her
but the point is everyone is doing what's best for themselves and their situation. michigan state was probably the best fit for her. she's from detroit, she got to pay in-state rate so her pell grant went further and maybe even had some additional grants and scholarships and some HBCUs are damn near ivy league level tuition wise.

these HBCU or bust arguments need to be about making HBCUs an option when it comes to an athlete doing what's best for themselves and not make it about them being cultural guinea pigs. that has to come from the alumni and those who love those schools. the 17/18 year old can't be leading the way. build it up and they will come.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
but the point is everyone is doing what's best for themselves and their situation. michigan state was probably the best fit for her. she's from detroit, she got to pay in-state rate so her pell grant went further and maybe even had some additional grants and scholarships and some HBCUs are damn near ivy league level tuition wise.

these HBCU or bust arguments need to be about making HBCUs an option when it comes to an athlete doing what's best for themselves and not make it about them being cultural guinea pigs. that has to come from the alumni and those who love those schools. the 17/18 year old can't be leading the way. build it up and they will come.
Dog...I agree with you. Im simply asking why this white dude wants to get in this discussion when HBCU’s likely have no historical ties to him and his community. Why is he commenting?

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjtf: I know damn well I saw a thread with this title a few weeks ago

:wow: Their most popular articles come from the coli and we still ain’t getting paid

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah if it's going to happen, it's got to be through basketball. I could see something like the Fab 5 happening at a HBCU if all those players are NBA locks. It's harder for me envisioning a football player doing it because he's one of a 80+ roster and the drop off in development is huge.

Exactly..

Like if Zion, Cam and them went to Howard. They would be basically Duke just like that. Instantly...

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of these HBCU's don't recruit or have the resources to recruit.

Prairie View and Texas Southern are clear examples of this.

There are plenty of talent in Texas to go around but those 2 schools doesn't even try to recruit a lot of good players in Texas that might not be ranked.

Last edited: