Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Been Black my entire life. Try another deflection,chief

I'm assuming that MSU had one of the strongest communications programs in the state. I'm also sure that this had some effect on her deciding to attend over a different school.
For those with the potential to become pro athletes, they will chose the schools which give them the strongest chances to showcase their talents, and get drafted. Those are BCS Division 1 football programs, and the top basketball conferences in NCAA D-1 basketball.

HBCUs are incredibly valuable, and there are a handful with strong athletic programs that could raise a tier with a few classes of blue chip athletes. Main value of HBCUs is academics, though and nurturing kids into educated men and women. I've CONSISTENTLY written this my entire time here. Quick search would confirm that.

so like I said , try again...and this time try harder.
You posted nothing I havent already said. But youre a white boy. You didnt deny it the last time we talked in here.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You posted nothing I havent already said. But youre a white boy. You didnt deny it the last time we talked in here.
white guy thing is a straw man

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the...eading-right-now.312720/page-50#post-29319825

I've read this back & forth since I was 15.
Heard bootleg versions of this for years.....finally got my hands on it....and gonna transfer to mp3

audiobio.jpg

that post is from April 2018,

NOW back to the TOPIC.......Jamele made best decision for the career path she wanted to pursue...these young men will do the same

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Jemele Hill

Sparty Alumna

jemelehill.jpg

talking out of her ass on this issue
Attending a PWI doesn't mean you can't care for the plight of HBCUs.

My fiancee and I give annual monetary gifts to Wilberforce and Central State even though we're Michigan alumni. Until this school year, neither of us had any ties to either university.

Her article doesn't seem well thought out, as posters like NYC Rebel and Hov have demonstrated, but that has nothing to do with her attending a PWI...

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

My fiancee and I give annual monetary gifts to Wilberforce and Central State even though we're Michigan alumni. Until this school year, neither of us had any ties to either university.

Her article doesn't seem well thought out, as posters like NYC Rebel and Hov have demonstrated, but that has nothing to do with her attending a PWI...
My dad went to Central State. :myman:

Most who have gone to a PWI had a parent that attended an HBCU. Going to a PWI wont stop us from caring for them.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

If you read the exchange between nyc rebel and I, you'll see that I clarified my point . In this region Syracuse is one of the programs where a lot of sports journalists come from. I assumed that MSU was sort of counterpart in that region, and that people would get what I was saying about her being an MSU alum. I should have written it out under her picture.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
If you read the exchange between nyc rebel and I, you'll see that I clarified my point . In this region Syracuse is one of the programs where a lot of sports journalists come from. I assumed that MSU was sort of counterpart in that region, and that people would get what I was saying about her being an MSU alum. I should have written it out under her picture.
They aren't... but thanks for the clarification. She definitely went to the university she thought was best for her and whatever way best was defined is irrelevant.

Daps
Or a house and job.

Unfortunately, this article assumes that schools are recruiting to the standards the NCAA holds them to. They aren't.

You'd also have to assume that people would start supporting HBCU's and attending games/buying merch/making donations, just because they have better players. We know white people better than that. They won't.

This 100%.

It's not a racial issue for elite prospects. If Grambling could have paid Cam Newton what Auburn did (or more), he would have been dancing all over Southern U at the Bayou Classic.

Mid-tier guys that have NFL potential but need a lot of development.....those guys probably figure they need the best training and greatest amount of exposure possible. Maybe the HBCU coach is better but the facilities and TV contracts just don't measure up.

This could happen in basketball and track. Speed is speed and there are great coaches in many different places. Hoops only requires a couple of ballers and you have yourself a solid tournament team. Football is expensive and getting a couple of elite brehs wont move the needle. Need a big wave of players.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I agree but it's a hard Hill to climb these days...we don't collectively have the pride to do this as of yet....but if this new generation is as woke as they say they are maybe things will change.....but who am I kidding they will dangle a PAWG in front of these dudes and welp.....