Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This is a pipe dream and a pointless article because it’s not gonna happen.

What I do wish would happen is for top recruits to not sign at some of these schools deep in the heart of racist redneck country until those areas do better.

For instance, Ole Miss shouldn’t see another 3+ star black recruit until they seriously address the fukked up racist nature of their student body (i.e. the cac that shot up Emmitt Till’s memorial)

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
meaning... if we didn't jump to join white folks companies/schools/banks etc and fostered our own we wouldn't have to rely on them as much. We'd be closer to independent. But a lot of black folks believed the white mans ice was colder... so here we are.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This 100%.

It's not a racial issue for elite prospects. If Grambling could have paid Cam Newton what Auburn did (or more), he would have been dancing all over Southern U at the Bayou Classic.

Mid-tier guys that have NFL potential but need a lot of development.....those guys probably figure they need the best training and greatest amount of exposure possible. Maybe the HBCU coach is better but the facilities and TV contracts just don't measure up.

This could happen in basketball and track. Speed is speed and there are great coaches in many different places. Hoops only requires a couple of ballers and you have yourself a solid tournament team. Football is expensive and getting a couple of elite brehs wont move the needle. Need a big wave of players.

It's not as easy as you think it is.

You need a wave of players AND a smart coach to even get it going. Gonzaga is one of the premier hoops programs in the country and they've had ONE 5 star recruit in forever.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree but it's a hard Hill to climb these days...we don't collectively have the pride to do this as of yet....but if this new generation is as woke as they say they are maybe things will change.....but who am I kidding they will dangle a PAWG in front of these dudes and welp.....
Another washed dude trying to shame the kids FOH dude.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
They aren't... but thanks for the clarification. She definitely went to the university she thought was best for her and whatever way best was defined is irrelevant.
Y'all cats can't be serious. Y'all say she went to the place that was best for her which happened to be a PWI but she doesn't seem like a double talker saying that kids shouldn't goto a PWI themselves if that's the best opportunity for them? I know y'all wanna be on y'all's women do no wrong stuff but y'all aren't making any sense saying her going to a PWI isn't something worthy of a FOH in this instance. People get woke at 40+ telling folks to do things they didn't do when they had the chance is like nah fam. You can always suggest it but going too hard on things you didn't or don't do is always nah fam stuff no matter what gender, race, etc you are.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y'all cats can't be serious. Y'all say she went to the place that was best for her which happened to be a PWI but she doesn't seem like a double talker saying that kids shouldn't goto a PWI themselves if that's the best opportunity for them? I know y'all wanna be on y'all's women do no wrong stuff but y'all aren't making any sense saying her going to a PWI isn't something worthy of a FOH in this instance. People get woke at 40+ telling folks to do things they didn't do when they had the chance is like nah fam. You can always suggest it but going too hard on things you didn't or don't do is always nah fam stuff no matter what gender, race, etc you are.

So someone who makes a certain decision when they were 16, now twenty-five years later and in a new era with the wisdom of experience can never recommend a different decision to the young people coming up? How's shyt ever gonna change then? If our generation did it wrong, we're supposed to tell the next generation to do it wrong too?

What a keep losing mentality that would be. I'm recommending all sorts of shyt to kids that I didn't do myself, because I know things now I didn't know then.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So someone who makes a certain decision when they were 16, now twenty-five years later and in a new era with the wisdom of experience can never recommend a different decision to the young people coming up? How's shyt ever gonna change then? If our generation did it wrong, we're supposed to tell the next generation to do it wrong too?

What a keep losing mentality that would be. I'm recommending all sorts of shyt to kids that I didn't do myself, because I know things now I didn't know then.
Get out your feelings and the answers to the damn dumb ass questions you asked are already in the post you quoted smfh. Y'all cats really need to get out your fukking feelings man.