Jemele Hill: It's time for black athletes to leave white colleges

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be equal if a lot of black folks didn’t have inferiority complexes back in the day

This

I think it's too far gone now.

This is another product of desegregation in the 60's/70's and Black people thinking White people water were colder.

Same thing with the Negro League and other Black owned businesses.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Ppl forget LSU use to be pissy and shytty once upon a time, Their campus was pretty much like a HBCU at a time, :mjlol:

Their kids were leaving LSU to go up the street to SU and play,

It took them Nick Saban to shut that down and for them to build up their program to get their state of the art facilities.

Nick Saban never got to see these amenities at LSU :mjlol:
Yeah you doing that online exaggeration stuff like most of the good players in state wasn't still going to LSU pre Saban. Even when Dinardo was there a lot of top cats in state were going to LSU. Stop the rewritten history fam and besides that this is overall not about one school even if what you said was true.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I wonder when people are going to realize the majority of black athletes don't give a shyt about black issues or black people as a whole...
How about we ask the majority of nikkas right here when did they become mr everything for the community? shyt if they are why damn near none of these dudes have jack shyt that can help anybody but themselves? They care so much they didn't work on doing much of anything that can help any collective but stay whining about what some next dude should do. Cats are embarrassing with that stuff. Cats need to seriously look in the mirror first and ask what they themselves are doing before trying to put all this on teenagers who realistically like most of us if being truthful when we were that age wasn't on some its all for the community talk.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This

This is another product of desegregation in the 60's/70's and Black people thinking White people water were colder.
This. Then they built a structure so sturdy around us that you would damn near lose everything to get out.

Funny...the black media that could have supported a Jemele Is no longer for the same reasons

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The typical 4 / 5 star 17-18 year old recruit is not thinking about the “greater good”

They want to play ball and hopefully get to the league. A lot of them have been worshipped since they were kids; this is the last thing on their minds
shyt the typical 17-18yr old period isn't thinking about the greater good. Most of these dudes on here are washed and want to take away these kids fun from "greater good" same stuff they were able to enjoy at the same age so these old dudes can feel better FOH.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
This

Same thing with the Negro League and other Black owned businesses.

This really opens a bigger conversation about our infrastructure as black people in the US. If employers are allowed to openly discriminate against black ppl.... what will we do? As a whole? I just hate how we handled desegregation... we just abandoned our stuff

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Breh, you literally told me this about UT Austin in another thread.

If I'm a 17 year old kid from South Texas, how are you convincing me to make this sacrifice?

This isn't about being out for self. I'm just trying to figure out how this movement would be financially viable.
I'm not convincing anyone. I think you got to be a special selfless person to do this. It's got to be innate in you and you probably have to be in a circumstance where you're sacrifice is minimal - either you're an all-world talent that's guaranteed a chance in the pro's or you come from money and have a fallback plan.

calh45

Cal
Daps
You should have your kids taken away from you if you send them to an HBCU instead of this:

I'm convinced that people who suggest this idea are either people who never had the option to play on the D-1 level OR people just saying shyt to seem extra pro-black. You're doing a kid all sorts of a disservice to ask him to forgo the best facilities for the sake of your principles.

Anytime this comes up I always say instead of asking the kids to sacrifice they should be going to the alumni of those schools so if they do decide to go HBCU there's not a such a drastic fall off in their sacrifice because right now the facilities and care you get at a D1 school is almost up there with the pros. Her actual article should be an open letter to the "HBCUs have produced 80 percent of the black judges, 50 percent of the black lawyers, 50 percent of the black doctors, 40 percent of the black engineers, 40 percent of the black members of Congress, and 13 percent of the black CEOs in America" and ask them why the fukk they ain't giving money back to their schools. Oklahoma State and Oregon ain't get those facilities because of NCAA revenue. They got that shyt because T Boone Pickens and Phil Knight wrote some big ass checks.

She's doing what happened to me in high school with my family (and all sorts of other folks) and a lot of other kids out there. She's asking for them to be the savior. It's not on the kids. It's on Kamala more than them.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I went to a PWI. Her attending one has no relevancy to how lazy her point is.

Arent you white? Whats your input on this discussion? HBCUs mean what to you? For as short sighted as her point is, HBCUs obviously have value to her
Been Black my entire life. Try another deflection,chief

I'm assuming that MSU had one of the strongest communications programs in the state. I'm also sure that this had some effect on her deciding to attend over a different school.
For those with the potential to become pro athletes, they will chose the schools which give them the strongest chances to showcase their talents, and get drafted. Those are BCS Division 1 football programs, and the top basketball conferences in NCAA D-1 basketball.

HBCUs are incredibly valuable, and there are a handful with strong athletic programs that could raise a tier with a few classes of blue chip athletes. Main value of HBCUs is academics, though and nurturing kids into educated men and women. I've CONSISTENTLY written this my entire time here. Quick search would confirm that.

so like I said , try again...and this time try harder.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
HBCUs dont play in ny6 bowls...... also, why do you guys want young black men risk life and limb just to make you feel better? The black community doesnt really support its boys yet you want these young men to sacrifice when you dont want to sacrifice for them... gtfoh..... just like with paaging, i say let them choose what best for them... and hbcus arent the best football experience...