JD Vance calls school shootings a 'fact of life.'

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He said he didnt like that its a fact of life. There are, on average, 2 mass shootings a day in America. He's not wrong, it's a fact of life in this country.

Rather than attack that piece, why not attack the part where he says Kamala wants to take guns away and the other bullshyt we hear. Why not confront the fact that 99% of mass shooters are CACS.

Because he's correct, mass shootings are normal in America. It's a fact.

Arguing against that soundbite from him is as dumb as asking why Kamala code switches and criticizing her for it.
It's not a fact of life. It's an avoidable tragedy. Calling it a fact of life implies that it's something we can't do anything about. I don't get why y'all like playing cleanup for these people.

Last edited:

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
This country is so stupid :snoop: this mf talking about better security

We could solve so many societal issues if we actually gave a fukk. School shootings, homelessness, food insecurity
This country defense gotta eat breh.

$2 trillion per year breh :feedme::mjgrin:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
So this guy isn't just weird, he's also an idiot. I'm happy Trump is incompetent at everything.
A fish can't swim unless there's water.

America's education system and advertiser-funded media created enough morons to make these guys into viable candidates.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
It's not a fact of life. It's an avoidable tragedy. Calling it a fact of life implies that it's something we can't do anything about. I don't get why y'all like playing cleanup for these people.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages ·
a fact of life
phrase of fact
something that must be accepted as true and unchanging, even if it is unpleasant.
"baldness is a fact of life for a lot of men"

Baldness is a fact of life for a lot of men, doesn't mean they can't go to Turkiye and fix it. But it's a fact. Just like school shootings are a fact of life in America. Doesn't mean it can't be fixed, but simply a reality here and now; a fact.

Again, this is not the point of contention, nor should it be. The point of contention is the fact that his party, and yes even the democrats, have been apathetic in forcing and implementing laws to curb or eliminate this fact.

No one is playing clean up. He is articulating his point and any opposition needs to be articulated as well. What words we use matter just as much as the emotions we want to convey behind them

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages ·
a fact of life
phrase of fact
something that must be accepted as true and unchanging, even if it is unpleasant.
"baldness is a fact of life for a lot of men"

Baldness is a fact of life for a lot of men, doesn't mean they can't go to Turkiye and fix it. But it's a fact. Just like school shootings are a fact of life in America. Doesn't mean it can't be fixed, but simply a reality here and now; a fact.

Again, this is not the point of contention, nor should it be. The point of contention is the fact that his party, and yes even the democrats, have been apathetic in forcing and implementing laws to curb or eliminate this fact.

No one is playing clean up. He is articulating his point and any opposition needs to be articulated as well. What words we use matter just as much as the emotions we want to convey behind them
Calling something like school shootings a "fact of life" trivializes their nature. That's why everyone is seizing on that phrase. It's cold and dismissive. This is a pattern from Vance. He also referred to rape pregnancies as an "inconvenience".

He my as well have said, "nikkas get shot everyday, b."

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
so glad trump picked this guy for his vp. he has single-handedly torpedoed trump’s campaign.

:banderas:
I'm not super high on Kamala and thr dems right now because of inflation, poor border control and them catering more to Hispanics and migrants than blacks....but I gotta vote for Kamala to prevent Project 2025

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Calling something like school shootings a "fact of life" trivializes their nature. That's why everyone is seizing on that phrase. It's cold and dismissive. This is a pattern from Vance. He also referred to rape pregnancies as an "inconvenience".

He my as well have said, "nikkas get shot everyday, b."
Brother there is a genocide that the US is funding and people not only shrug at calls to end it, others openly mock it. When we protest innocent black kids getting gunned down by police, we are called an inconvenience and that not all cops are bad. We are well past the point of being cold and dismissive.

The same people who excuse a genocide as "they've been fighting for years, things will never change" then say "mass shootings are avoidable, it's a tragedy it's been happening this long". Both things can be avoided with a stroke of a pen in an embargo or signing an EO.

I don't give two shyts what this idiot Vance thinks. But I do think the hypocrisy and irony in response to this soundbite is disturbing.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How long would it take for laws to change if they were knocking off politicians on a bi-weekly basis? Trump got shot at once and now him and Vance are behind bulletproof glass with secret service up their ass more than usual but for us and our kids “it is what it is”:stopitslime:

fukk this goofball