JD Vance calls school shootings a 'fact of life.'

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Honestly I don’t think in our lifetimes we see change in gun reform in this country. I think it will take Gen Alpha being in power who will have literally grown up with this being a thing that never goes away that a change is made.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Don't think anyone did based on the replies in here
I did. He said standard right wing pablum. "I don't like that this happens, but a pile of dead kids is no reason to amend gun laws at all. Why not make schools into fortresses instead?"

And since schools aren't the only places where these mass casualty events happen, does everything have to be locked down with heavy security?

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Too many of us respond to a title instead of actually listening to what was said. I have made this same mistake in the past too, so I am speaking about myself too. I suggest you all first listen to the short clip, before you assume the title fully fits the clip and respond based only on the title.

It makes us look silly and unserious when our reaction is based on half-truths instead of knowledge of the full truth.

Edit: I have to admit that I am a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment for my own people. I will not depend on racist organization, most police forces in the US, to defend me from criminals who will not follow any law if it was instituted anyhow. In the end, all the law abiding Black people will be defenseless, while the criminal element and race soldiers will be armed. I definitely do not desire to be in that situation.

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Too many of us respond to a title instead of actually listening to what was said. I have made this same mistake in the past too, so I am speaking about myself too. I suggest you all first listen to the short clip, before you assume the title fully fits the clip and respond based only on the title.

It makes us look silly and unserious when our reaction is based on half-truths instead of knowledge of the full truth.

Edit: I have to admit that I am a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment for my own people. I will not depend on racist organization, most police forces in the US, to defend me from criminals who will not follow any law if it was instituted anyhow. In the end, all the law abiding Black people will be defenseless, while the criminal element and race soldiers will be armed. I definitely do not desire to be in that situation.
What did he say that wasn't the standard conservative reaction to mass shootings?

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
What did he say that wasn't the standard conservative reaction to mass shootings?
Where did I state to you that what you said was wrong? You are asking a question of me, when I did not direct my post at any particular person. In fact, I directed it generally, including myself making the same mistakes too.

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Where did I state to you that what you said was wrong? You are asking a question of me, when I did not direct my post at any particular person. In fact, I directed it generally, including myself making the same mistakes too.
When you write something like you did, people expect you to expound on it.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
When you write something like you did, people expect you to expound on it.
How about you re-read what I posted. It was directly about the phenomena of people responding to a title, and not the actual video.

Instead, how about you just admit that you are upset that I actually support the 2nd amendment instead of trying so hard to fit that square peg into a small circle.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
They always use that same old “take your guns away” lie. No one is TAKING anyone’s guns. Maybe they’ll make it harder to obtain a gun, but taking them away? Another scare tactic.

They never want to address the core issue either. I’ve never seen anyone shoot up a school in the hood. They treat our schools like prisons when we were never the threat.