Jay Z blames single black parent households for Police Brutality

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
That aint because of single family homes, that's because of problems in the home, both parents could be there, and if problems are in the house shyt would still happen

Jay is speaking about his experience, but he doesn't realize it or accept it, so he is saying its single family problems. If that was the case all these militia members would mostly come from single family homes, then, they are the epitome of people going against authority.

Jay's moms was getting high, pops left, and he was broke in 1980's NYC, every body don't have that story, even if they come from single parent homes.

Yeah but if your having problems in the home more than likely your gonna take that problem with you when you leave the home. Say for instance you have a argument with your mother or even father and shyt gets heated you leave out of the house you kick the trash can on the street because your mad, some dikk head cops stop you try to arrest you for vandalism because it's the end of the month and they gotta meet they quotas.

Instead of trying to find out why you kick the trash can in the first place, they start fukking you up. That doesn't start because of a single family problem, it's a policing problem.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Yea some police abuse authority that's obvious and its true, hov shouldn't have left that part of the equation out.

But J is also right in saying that single parent household structures have an adverse effect on youth development in black communities. All hov is saying is that that in some cases that effect causes a lack of respect for authority.

Statistics have proven this and we've been repeating the same on this forum for years constantly, but when J says it everyone pretends to not know what hes talking about.
That's not single parent household issues, its a problem of mothers who happen to be single parents, there is a difference

When you say single parent (which really means women) can't show her child what authority is, that is crazy to me. Authority is Authority regardless of gender. The only time a child won't respect a certain gender's authority is because of something between the parents. A woman who instills a child to not respect male authority is a man hater, and the child issues come from that, not single parent households.

A lot of women are single parents, but not by choice, then there are women who CAN'T be in relationships due to how they are as people, so they become single parents. Unfortunately, that means all those issues that made her not be able to maintain a relationship will express itself in her children. Hating male authority would be the first thing seen because the mother would express her hate of the childs father, and the child will feel that towards other males if the mother has the same attitude towards other males in their environment. I seen this growing up, I just never understood it until i got older.

The child is basically an extension of the mother. Its hard to find a woman like that in two parent homes, but there are some men who take that shyt, these men tend to be "just there", and the mother is the main power in the household

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but if your having problems in the home more than likely your gonna take that problem with you when you leave the home. Say for instance you have a argument with your mother or even father and shyt gets heated you leave out of the house you kick the trash can on the street because your mad, some dikk head cops stop you try to arrest you for vandalism because it's the end of the month and they gotta meet they quotas.

Instead of trying to find out why you kick the trash can in the first place, they start fukking you up. That doesn't start because of a single family problem, it's a policing problem.

Fam. You sound ridiculous. Police brutality stems from racism, abuse of authority, and fear.

Look up “slave patrols”.To suggest that family structure or lack there of leads people of color to provoke police brutality is just :mindblown:

poundedyam

Banned
Daps
Meh hes right on the father figure thing and growing up in a single parent house.
Dont think he said anything wrong

truth2you

All Star
Daps

That's true, but we now know its more then a "policing problem" because if it were the shootings on unarmed men would be more equal.

The issue is its a racial bias problem due to who is being hired, we knew this since 2006 with the fbi's finding of police departments being infiltrated by white supremacists.

Whichever way you take Jay-Z's speech, he is still wrong, and repeating talking points of old that were based on feelings, not facts. We know more now, can't keep repeating shyt that has no foundation. All that is gonna happen is a check will be made, go to some non-profit to train police, and everyone is happy, but shyt still is gonna happen. You're not solving the problem just slowing down the pain from coming in too fast.

BiggWebb79

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Fam. You sound ridiculous. Police brutality stems from racism, abuse of authority, and fear.

Look up “slave patrols”.To suggest that family structure or lack there of leads people of color to provoke police brutality is just :mindblown:

I know all that he's not saying single family home cause police brutality and neither am i. I didn't say it provaked police brutality i said they don't understand what your going thru nor do they care because they have no type of human services training.

BiggWebb79

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
That's true, but we now know its more then a "policing problem" because if it were the shootings on unarmed men would be more equal.

The issue is its a racial bias problem due to who is being hired, we knew this since 2006 with the fbi's finding of police departments being infiltrated by white supremacists.

Whichever way you take Jay-Z's speech, he is still wrong, and repeating talking points of old that were based on feelings, not facts. We know more now, can't keep repeating shyt that has no foundation. All that is gonna happen is a check will be made, go to some non-profit to train police, and everyone is happy, but shyt still is gonna happen. You're not solving the problem just slowing down the pain from coming in too fast.
Agree

poundedyam

Banned
Daps
This is "police brutality is black parents fault" bad

Hes clearly not saying that though.
I think we all need to understand what constitutes to police brutality and what doesnt.
Because I MYSELF have seen many unruly youths,who have no respect for authority disrespect the feds and not comply when they ask them a simple request.
Then when the cuffs come on its considered police brutality.

Sometimes if you are in the wrong and you dont wanna comply you are liable to hold a few licks.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Hes clearly not saying that though.
I think we all need to understand what constitutes to police brutality and what doesnt.
Because I MYSELF have seen many unruly youths,who have no respect for authority disrespect the feds and not comply when they ask them a simple request.
Then when the cuffs come on its considered police brutality.

Sometimes if you are in the wrong and you dont wanna comply you are liable to hold a few licks.

Which one of the guys who got killed by cops or zimmerman was an unruly youth, yelling fukk you to cops because they had to prove their masculinity due to being fatherless? :jbhmm:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
That's not single parent household issues, its a problem of mothers who happen to be single parents, there is a difference

When you say single parent (which really means women) can't show her child what authority is, that is crazy to me. Authority is Authority regardless of gender. The only time a child won't respect a certain gender's authority is because of something between the parents. A woman who instills a child to not respect male authority is a man hater, and the child issues come from that, not single parent households.

A lot of women are single parents, but not by choice, then there are women who CAN'T be in relationships due to how they are as people, so they become single parents. Unfortunately, that means all those issues that made her not be able to maintain a relationship will express itself in her children. Hating male authority would be the first thing seen because the mother would express her hate of the childs father, and the child will feel that towards other males if the mother has the same attitude towards other males in their environment. I seen this growing up, I just never understood it until i got older.

The child is basically an extension of the mother. Its hard to find a woman like that in two parent homes, but there are some men who take that shyt, these men tend to be "just there", and the mother is the main power in the household

Nah....only male authority can be used to raise Black boys....otherwise we end up with Jay-Z type of situation....