[Jason Schreier] Sony’s Obsession with Blockbusters is Stirring Unrest in the PlayStation Empire

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No bend is actually getting to make a new game -just not days gone- and VASG actually wanted to work on the TLOU remake which they are still doing with help from naughtydog

Breh what part of my post are you disagreeing with exactly? VASG wanted to be in charge of the TLOU remake, that was taking away from them and given to ND.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh what part of my post are you disagreeing with exactly? VASG wanted to be in charge of the TLOU remake, that was taking away from them and given to ND.

I’m not disagreeing with anything you’re saying...you said “and thats it?” And i simply added onto what you were saying

Daps
Sony isn't anywhere close to being in trouble...FOR NOW
I think they are focusing on AAA titles because those titles will take advantage of the PS5 and show off just how far things like set pieces can go
Set pieces and gameplay sequences might approach film this gen
Watch out for Ragnarok which is their secret weapon and will probably be PS5 exclusive
I know the set pieces are going to be movie like for that game
They want their titles to stand out from the rest and I think that's why they focused on the SSD, because of its potential impact on gameplay

Sony can't underestimate MS and their determination to dominate another industry though
The XSX is gaining momentum and is going to have a nice set of exclusives along with gamepass in the next 2-3 years.
MS will have their AAA games too but will take more risks and try to grab as much ex Sony talent as possible
Rumors of them trying to get Kojima hints they are trying to expand their horizons and get more Japanese talent
MS is trying to diversify their exclusives and bring in fresh talent to grow
Sony is trying to maximize their current bread and butter, AAA games with unprecedent set pieces and gameplay sequences e.g. cinematic games/movie games
They built the PS5 with those set pieces and gameplay sequences in mind, along with the potential for new gameplay ideas because of better technology

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he’s a rabid dog when it comes to sony...you have to parrot exactly what he’s saying or he attacks :whoa:
Anyone:" PS5 is going to be amazing but"

Him:
iu

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I've already detailed how Sony has been fukking up. You can pretend like they're not but it's pretty clear they have been. It hasn't cost them their position of leadership but the underlying issue with the stuff they've been doing as of late compares well to the type of anti-consumer behavior Nintendo engaged with before their fall when Sony stepped in offering to be the solution to the issues Nintendo poised. This time it's Microsoft stepping in with an open pocketbook willing to listen to whatever pitches people want to make to get a game on their streaming service.

People can say whatever they want about Phil Spencer but they can't take away that he's been amazing as the head of Xbox. He ejected all that anti-consumer behavior and Xbox is obviously the most pro-consumer of the 3 companies by far. That used to be Sony by far.
bruh, this isnt moving the needle. some disgruntled devs and lost vita games. lets see what happens when everybody who wants a PS5 has one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Read the update to your own article dummy.

He never said it was still in development when he left and he even came out afterwards and supported Schreiers article.

Your article headline is dumb. This is what you were looking for.
Director confirms Days Gone 2 was pitched, but won’t verify Sony rejection report | VGC

However, the director heavily suggested that the original game might not have generated enough sales to warrant an expensive follow-up.

Asked what Sony’s reasoning could be for reportedly rejecting plans for a Days Gone sequel, Ross said: “I don’t think it’s publicly confirmed what the status of [Days Gone 2] is. I don’t want to be the guy who’s the official source for whatever that is.

“To answer your question, in that context, I will just say that the calculus for Sony at this point is… when a game like Days Gone started, we were 45 people, we were walking around asking how we could build an open-world game with 45 people, and the answer was we grew. We changed our number from 45 to something like 120.”

Sony stans :mjlol:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Read the update to your own article dummy.

He never said it was still in development when he left and he even came out afterwards and supported Schreiers article.

Your article headline is dumb. This is what you were looking for.
Director confirms Days Gone 2 was pitched, but won’t verify Sony rejection report | VGC

Sony stans :mjlol:

I love how you stretch the truth, he never supported the article all he said was that he can be more free with the info he was given (no NDA)

You’re legit retarded :yeshrug: