[Jason Schreier] Sony’s Obsession with Blockbusters is Stirring Unrest in the PlayStation Empire

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I love how you stretch the truth, he never supported the article all he said was that he can be more free with the info he was given (no NDA)

You’re legit retarded :yeshrug:
You post the article with the made up headline and I’m the one “stretching the truth” and being “retarded”

Sony stans a wild bunch :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
What this thread tells me is that the gaming community needs both Sony and Microsoft to continue to compete. This cycle keeps happening, where a company builds all its goodwill off a previous generation, makes a dumb ass move to irritate the community, the other company capitalizes by making good business decisions and people start flocking there. Then next gen that company does some dumb shyt, rinse and repeat:russ:.

This is precisely why being a PS/Xbox Stan is dumb in my eyes.

Straight facts no fiction. A FF7R or RE2R is one thing, those games are 20+ years old from the pre-HD era. TLOU isn't even ten years old and has a remaster that is good enough already. Release a Last of Us collection with 1 and 2(all DLCs included) and an updated Factions bundled together and market the shyt out of it before the release of the TV show, don't remake the first game. Focus on making part 3 if you are going to make a TV show out of it so it doesn't end up like the last two seasons of Game of Thrones.

I like Sony, and have had my issues with Xbox post 360 era, but with the acquisitions Microsoft has made and some of the baffling decisions Sony is starting to make Xbox and Game Pass has my attention. I aint ready to just jump ship, but I'm very open to embracing Microsoft again if Sony keeps this up. I don't even have a problem with remakes(as long as the remake makes sense FF7R makes sense, TLOU does not) but don't stifle new content for remakes and remasters to shyt nobody is asking for.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Well, I don't be buying these lil quirky Indy shyts
More blockbusters the merrier I say :manny:
My only thing is don't fall into a stagnant rut of only 3 titles and for God's sake stop the remakes :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This summary of what Jason says in the new video was posted at the other site...

ND is a 300+ person studio

-tlou2 has shipped.

-multiplayer game is in polish stage, bulk of team not necessary

-whatever their next big project is, it's in preproduction. A very small portion of their staff is concepting that next title.

-you have potentially 100+ employees(engineers, programmers, animators, etc) with not much to do day to day

-remaking an existing title with a highly anticipated HBo adaptation would be a relatively low scope, high profit project that the staff could be directed towards. They also get a chance to refine their tools, processes and become accustomed with the PS5 hardware so that by the time the next title is ready to enter full production, they're far more prepared.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now he’s backpeddalling.
200.gif

:mjlol: