Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
This card right here is not even sad, it's just fukking stupid.

This is a SUMO HALL show and Gedo books this in advance to get some tickets going :laff:

NJPW "DESTRUCTION IN RYOGOKU", 09.10.2023
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

- 7 Match Series 7th: Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino & Master Wato vs. Minoru Suzuki, Ren Narita & El Desperado
- STRONG Openweight Tag Team Title: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd (c) vs. El Phantasmo & Hikuleo
- NEVER Openweight Title: David Finlay (c) vs. Tama Tonga
- IWGP World Heavyweight Title: SANADA (c) vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL

This is some mid 2010's NOAH level effort.
:picard:

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps

This is a SUMO HALL show and Gedo books this in advance to get some tickets going :laff:

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

- 7 Match Series 7th: Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino & Master Wato vs. Minoru Suzuki, Ren Narita & El Desperado
- STRONG Openweight Tag Team Title: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd (c) vs. El Phantasmo & Hikuleo

More like Self-Destruction, amirite?

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

:laff::laff::laff:

Bushiroad have to get rid of this dude.
Who do you suggest book the show? :patrice: .

Gedo had a pretty good run a lot of bad but we got Kenny, Ibushi, Okada, Naito, Ospreay, White-O, Shinto as champs but we also got Evil and Zzzzanada :russell: . I would say he did more good than bad but he clearly washed. I was hype for the young jrehs block only for all of em to get bushed w the quickness:dead: especially the NOAH breh dude legit made me a fan and I wanna check his shyt out but Gedo booked him bad man :francis:

Who should take the book?

I give the book to Nagata, imo. He produces his Blue Justice shows and has a hand with the Young Lions.

He would have set the new Musketeers G1 debut waayyyyy better than Gedo's bum ass.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:laff::laff::laff:

Bushiroad have to get rid of this dude.

I give the book to Nagata, imo. He produces his Blue Justice shows and has a hand with the Young Lions.

He would have set the new Musketeers G1 debut waayyyyy better than Gedo's bum ass.
Not a bad choice, Nagata also has ties with basically every other promotion in Japan as he has worked with every single promotion :dead:

Might bring back the interpromotion fukkery Gedo has been soooo fukking scared to do the last 10 years.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

This is what a ZZZANADA reign looks like :beli:

It's wild that his two big cross promotional matches have been Jungle Boy and Jake Something - both of who are :yeshrug: in their own companies, but Ospreay, who has a secondary title - is in there with Omega and Jericho.

Sidenote: I'd be surprised if Ospreay isn't in AEW this time next year. With the run he's had on their PPVs, Tony Khan is out here pretty much waving the cheque book.

But, back to Sleep God :pacspit:

Mid all down the card, when real steppers like Shingo are doing lord knows what. :martin:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
No wonder Os didn’t win the G1. Just saw his proMo on Dynamite and he said his contract is done on 6 months.
It's a complete 180° from the promo he did after losing to Kenny at WK. That shyt was him basically saying this year he was either gonna win it all or leave, with the heavy implication of an angle that was going to lead to him actually winning it all. But instead it will end up with breh leaving :pachaha: he might still work part time for NJPW when they can afford him.

I hope people realize now why focusing all their booking efforts in gaijin was never an intelligent strategy.

This is what a ZZZANADA reign looks like :beli:

It's wild that his two big cross promotional matches have been Jungle Boy and Jake Something - both of who are :yeshrug: in their own companies, but Ospreay, who has a secondary title - is in there with Omega and Jericho.

Sidenote: I'd be surprised if Ospreay isn't in AEW this time next year. With the run he's had on their PPVs, Tony Khan is out here pretty much waving the cheque book.

But, back to Sleep God :pacspit:

Mid all down the card, when real steppers like Shingo are doing lord knows what. :martin:

It makes no fukking sense to run with Sanada this long. But even then, how the hell you build to a Sumo Hall show without ANY of your real draws having anything to work with :dead:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Bushiroad will pay for what they did to Ibushi:dead:

Kota screwed Kota
lCbKvMi.png

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
It makes no fukking sense to run with Sanada this long. But even then, how the hell you build to a Sumo Hall show without ANY of your real draws having anything to work with :dead:

I'm just :hubie: at this point. I can see them putting him over Naito at The Dome too, just to make a point :damn:

Also - Bullet Club Gold being infinitely more watchable than Finlay and them is just :wow: Juice Robinson's glow up alone is :mindblown:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
Why you put this out in the universe? :sadbron:

NaiGOAT needs a proper, likely final run. :to:

Look, man - I call it like I see it :manny:

Them making Naito champ at this point would lowkey be admitting SANADA isn't that dude. I get why Gedo would have SANADA win on some "we have to get something out of this", because otherwise - they've made the whole roster look :ld: for months for nothing.