Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Hiromu realizing payday gonna go down in Japan and going :scheme: at AEW.

SANADA is beating Naito at the Dome, isn't he? :francis:
What better way to start a "new era" to revamp New Japan than establishing the most dull IWGP champion in decades in the biggest show of the year :lolbron:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
What this means for Stardom?
Stardom is thriving. NIPW was profitable but not really growing. THe rest of Bushiroad is going down the toilet. But they are going to make everyone have to tighten their belt some I bet. NJPW probably going to have to cut back heavily on gaijin talent. Stardom doesn't use much gaijin talent but speculation is they are about to get raided of talent.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Stardom is thriving. NIPW was profitable but not really growing. THe rest of Bushiroad is going down the toilet. But they are going to make everyone have to tighten their belt some I bet. NJPW probably going to have to cut back heavily on gaijin talent. Stardom doesn't use much gaijin talent but speculation is they are about to get raided of talent.
Mariah May was one of the names I heard was leaving

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Mariah May was one of the names I heard was leaving
Yeah I heard that from people overreacting to a video she posted, but she just bought a house there in Japan like a month ago so I'm not buying that.

Mariah May would be a star in America though. She's very good in the ring, obviously has killer looks, and seems like a total sweetheart in real life.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
This really puts into perspective how big Megan Bayne is.

Mariah is very much in the tallest end of the spectrum for current women’s wrestlers at 5’8” and Bayne makes her look small.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Considering that Bushiroad is the big dog of japanese wrestling, they can't afford having New Japan going into another dark age and even with Stardom thriving, they really can't afford getting raided or having talent dipping over to Tokyo Joshi, loyalty be damned. Bushiroad better hope things turn around for them, because if not, shyt gonna be spooky for them.

I'm curious of how Cyberagent (Cyberfight) is doing in comparison, as we know that both All Japan and Dragongate is in the gutter right now.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This card right here is not even sad, it's just fukking stupid.

This is a SUMO HALL show and Gedo books this in advance to get some tickets going :laff:

NJPW "DESTRUCTION IN RYOGOKU", 09.10.2023
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

- 7 Match Series 7th: Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino & Master Wato vs. Minoru Suzuki, Ren Narita & El Desperado
- STRONG Openweight Tag Team Title: Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd (c) vs. El Phantasmo & Hikuleo
- NEVER Openweight Title: David Finlay (c) vs. Tama Tonga
- IWGP World Heavyweight Title: SANADA (c) vs. "King of Darkness" EVIL

This is some mid 2010's NOAH level effort.