Essential Japanese Wrestling Discussion/News

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Apparently Stardom had the highest attended show of the year for Korakuen Hall today. Not just for Stardom, but for every promotion. Only company to put 1500+ in there this year and they've done it twice.

Rossy booker of the year :wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
TK gonna buy New Japan and kill King of Sports forever :damn:

Apparently Stardom had the highest attended show of the year for Korakuen Hall today. Not just for Stardom, but for every promotion. Only company to put 1500+ in there this year and they've done it twice.

Rossy booker of the year :wow:
Stardom has been the most successful promotion in Japan since the pandemic started. NJPW has more high profile shows but their attendance has been mediocre for 3 straight years while Stardom continues to grow and try bigger things.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Easy solution. Say Okada won the old IWGP title back at a tournament in Brazil, make him the true champion. Profit.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
There’s rumors that Mariah May will be leaving Stardom :mjcry:

She has a lot of potential but I don’t see her Flourishing anywhere else

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Good. Ohbari acknowledges shyt has changed post COVID in one of the comments but it's been baffling how even knowing that, it's been business as usual like it's 2018 (which was 5 years ago, which is a long ass time in wrestling).

And the couple of things that could've been a foundation for good business, have stalled for no good reason (NOAH feud and Yota). The fact that fukking Sanada was the answer for a change of pace should be enough to get Gedo the fukk out. It's been 17 years with that dude having the book, he's been rehashing the same old shyt for a DECADE now :dead:

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Good. Ohbari acknowledges shyt has changed post COVID in one of the comments but it's been baffling how even knowing that, it's been business as usual like it's 2018 (which was 5 years ago, which is a long ass time in wrestling).

And the couple of things that could've been a foundation for good business, have stalled for no good reason (NOAH feud and Yota). The fact that fukking Sanada was the answer for a change of pace should be enough to get Gedo the fukk out. It's been 17 years with that dude having the book, he's been rehashing the same old shyt for a DECADE now :dead:

Who do you suggest book the show? :patrice: .

Gedo had a pretty good run a lot of bad but we got Kenny, Ibushi, Okada, Naito, Ospreay, White-O, Shinto as champs but we also got Evil and Zzzzanada :russell: . I would say he did more good than bad but he clearly washed. I was hype for the young jrehs block only for all of em to get bushed w the quickness:dead: especially the NOAH breh dude legit made me a fan and I wanna check his shyt out but Gedo booked him bad man :francis:

Who should take the book?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

Gedo had a pretty good run a lot of bad but we got Kenny, Ibushi, Okada, Naito, Ospreay, White-O, Shinto as champs but we also got Evil and Zzzzanada :russell: . I would say he did more good than bad but he clearly washed. I was hype for the young jrehs block only for all of em to get bushed w the quickness:dead: especially the NOAH breh dude legit made me a fan and I wanna check his shyt out but Gedo booked him bad man :francis:

Everyone always be saying XYZ promotion needs a new booker (me included) but then almost never come up with any good answers when challenged. It always end up being someone who never booked before and they just wrestled for a long time.

You basically playing Russian Roulette putting the book in the hands of someone unproven. That’s why these companies need to do something like what WWE does with NXT.

Completely separate booking operation from the rest of WWE, gives you the chance to let someone else book and if they work out they can eventually get promoted to the main roster when shyt starts hitting the fan there. This far has worked out good for WWE with HHH getting the main roster book after doing well with NXT

Which is what AEW should be doing with ROH but TK has turned that ROH booking job into a glorified matchmaker position. You could find some mark off the streets to do that. And same thing New Japan should be doing with New Japan Strong

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I don't have a name, there's been zero stories about other people having ideas or booking experience so whoever New Japan choose next it will be somebody that Will make people go :patrice: and we'll have to wait and see. There's no "safe bet" from a western fan perspectives, maybe Japaneese brehs know more about backstage stuff to throw a name.

Same thing happened when Gedo got the book. A career undercard Jr. having the responsability to not let NJPW go under and manage a depleted roster has everyone :lupe: and turned out dude has 7 great/very good booking years in him that he was able to stretch to 11 very successful business years

shyt, I remember in his early years as booker we didn't even know what was booked by Gedo and what was booked by Jado (and Liger booked the Jrs.). Eventually dude became the solo booker

But a change has been needed for years and if they don't do it soon they gonna have to restart from the bottom, having to revive business and the company like it's 06' again.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

"SANADAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" :damn:

This bum fukking up the non kayfabe paper now :laff:

I still can't get over his reply to Naito saying he's not That Guy being "I don't think the Young Lions have enough sex appeal :jbhmm:": :hhh:

Going to have to rename his knockoff Muta moonsault The 21% Splash :skip:

Last edited: