• Japanese Games

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Western Games

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Japanese games + GTA.....Everything else is bullshyt to me :yeshrug: Western games running things now which is a lot of the reason why I don't fukk with most modern games

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Do they really? It's not even a competition when it comes to Shooters, Sports, and RTS/TBS games. West has them beat easily. Action games, you could probably give a slight edge to Japanese but I think RPGs can go either way depending on preference. No matter how you feel about the companies now, BioWare, Blizzard, and Bethesda have made some of the greatest RPGs we have ever seen. For me personally West easily wins this conversation just based on those 3 companies alone.
Kotor, Fallout 3, Skyrim and mass effect 2 might be some of the greatest RPGs of all time but let's not act like they would exist without Final fantasy and Shenmue. Plus SEGA, Nintendo and Square Enix shyts on those three companies.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Kotor, Fallout 3, Skyrim and mass effect 2 might be some of the greatest RPGs of all time but let's not act like they would exist without Final fantasy and Shenmue. Plus SEGA, Nintendo and Square Enix shyts on those three companies.
What:laff::laff::laff:. I can tell you have no experience when it comes to PC gaming so might as well make this console only. In that case then yes you can say that the Japanese region wins.

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
What:laff::laff::laff:. I can tell you have no experience when it comes to PC gaming so might as well make this console only. In that case then yes you can say that the Japanese region wins.
I mean I was into Civ and CS heavy other than that I don't really fukk with PC. Haven't played an RTS since Age of Empires 2. And Im talking in general anyway, nikkas who play PC are stuck playing one game for years.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I mean I was into Civ and CS heavy other than that I don't really fukk with PC. Haven't played an RTS since Age of Empires 2. And Im talking in general anyway, nikkas who play PC are stuck playing one game for years.
It's not a knock on you it just shows that this conversation should have been console only for a better discussion. Kotor, Skyrim, etc would exist even without FF because they play nothing alike(I'm not even going to address Shenmue). You do know that CRPGs existed before FF(Ultima says hi). I'm saying if we take into account consoles and PC the conversation isn't as one sided as you try to make it seem.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you would have asked me early to mid of last gen I would have said Japanese easy.

But Western generation has really left an impact. To the point of which Japanese devs seem to heavily implement a lot of Western influences and gaming trends.

I'ma have to go with Western

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
When i was a kid, i liked the Japanese games more. But they haven't really changed in style or approach in all that time.
I feel like the western games try to be more innovative and tackle different genres now, which i find more interesting.
every Japanese game feels like an anime cartoon. No Godzilla, or Bruce Lee, just straight inuyasha 24/7 for every game.
A Yakuza game should be like Mafia 2 but in Japan, instead you sing Karaoke and glitter explodes around you when you hit somebody instead of blood.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
One things for sure tho, Japanese games make awesome boss fights compared to boss fights in western games with the exceptions of God of War and one of the Arkham games.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Legacy - Japanese
Current Status Que - Western

The p23/360 era was so rough on Japanese developers. At one point it was just From Software putting out the only worthwhile content with a gen filled with so many delays, cancellation, and bombs.

I think all of it stems from lack of fresh minds, and resistance to support games with large budget, but still market it as a AAA experience with clear corner cutting and archaic design choices.