Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Quake series, Doom series, Unreal series, Battlefield series, Halo... To list some that op forgot.

Nippo games?
0QJmzar.png

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
That game almost singlehandedly killed the franchise.

Ninja Theory went outta their way to shyt on OG fans. I remember when they showed that white wig on Donte going, “Not in a million years” had dude legit heated.

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
Legacy - Japanese
Current Status Que - Western

The p23/360 era was so rough on Japanese developers. At one point it was just From Software putting out the only worthwhile content with a gen filled with so many delays, cancellation, and bombs.

I think all of it stems from lack of fresh minds, and resistance to support games with large budget, but still market it as a AAA experience with clear corner cutting and archaic design choices.
Breh Tekken 6, Street fighter 4, MGS4, Asuras wrath, Ni no kuni, dragons Dogma, mario galaxy. Japanese developers were killin it last Gen. If jap devs had Rockstar money it wouldn't even be a debate

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Gotta give it to tha Japs

Mario Bros 3 >>> any western game ever

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Show me a western Action-RPG that competes with shyt like FROM or Platnium games.

Exactly.
Show me a japanese shooter that can compete with Fortnite, Overwatch, CoD, BF, etc. Both sides have their strengths and weaknesses. Like I said in another post it's not as one sided as some would try to lead us to believe.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Show me a japanese shooter that can compete with Fortnite, Overwatch, CoD, BF, etc. Both sides have their strengths and weaknesses. Like I said in another post it's not as one sided as some would try to lead us to believe.
Shooters are not the end all/be all of gaming breh. The west has shooters and sports/racing games on lock, basically both of the genres western casuals are into. Many folks who play these dont even bother playing shyt else.
Far as adventure/RPGs, action, platformers, beat em up/hack and slash, survival/horror, fighting, simulations, puzzle, and out of the box type shyt, Japan has it locked far as quality.
Along with that, you gotta consider that theres been a shyt ton of HEAT from Japan dating to the days of 8 bit that never reached US shores that most have never heard of.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Shooters are not the end all/be all of gaming breh. The west has shooters and sports/racing games on lock, basically both of the genres western casuals are into. Many folks who play these dont even bother playing shyt else.
Far as adventure/RPGs, action, platformers, beat em up/hack and slash, survival/horror, fighting, simulations, puzzle, and out of the box type shyt, Japan has it locked far as quality.
I like how you try to discredit 3 genres by saying only casuals play them. Action RPGs are not the end all be all but you try to use that genre as an example of why Japanese devs are better. Are strategy games another thing only casuals play? Cause that another genre you can give the edge to the West. What about open world rpgs? What about online games? I guessing that's a casual thing as well:stopitslime:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Japanese if they stop making video games that's the day I stop playing. There creativity towards creating games is still unmatched. I feel western games use the same formula shooter, sandbox, and sports.