Jamie Foxx Showtime Sitcom "White Famous" thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
the lips and dimples on the chick that play the baby mama :noah:.....i need her nude on this show before the season over :takedat: chick who played

as far as the ep goes i literally only laughed during jamie foxx part and when he did the denzel impression. I think i'll keep watching tho
I haven't watched the episode yet, but it's supposed to be the same chick who originally played Vixen on "Arrow" & Don Cheadle's girlfriend on the 1st season of "House of Lies".

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I haven't watched the episode yet, but it's supposed to be the same chick who originally played Vixen on "Arrow" & Don Cheadle's girlfriend on the 1st season of "House of Lies".
are u saying that she was originally cast or thats who u think it is? if its the latter thats definitely not her. That was another one of my bae's so i'd remember, plus she was naked on house of lies....Cleopatra Coleman is the baby mama in this

I dont watch it but supposedly she was or is in that show "last man on earth"

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
the lips and dimples on the chick that play the baby mama :noah:.....i need her nude on this show before the season over :takedat:

as far as the ep goes i literally only laughed during jamie foxx part and when he did the denzel impression. I think i'll keep watching tho

are u saying that she was originally cast or thats who u think it is? if its the latter thats definitely not her. That was another one of my bae's so i'd remember, plus she was naked on house of lies....Cleopatra Coleman is the baby mama in this

I dont watch it but supposedly she was or is in that show "last man on earth"

:ohhh:WTF? Yeah, Megalyn E. was casted to play the main love interest/baby mama. But I just did a few google searches & I don't see nothing about Megalyn E.'s character being recasted with Cleopatra Coleman.

EDIT:

OK, the only I was able to find was this little blurb:

Breaking News - Development Update: Thursday, June 29 | TheFutonCritic.com
WHITE FAMOUS (Showtime) - Jack Davenport, Michael Rapaport, Lyndon Smith, Cleopatra Coleman and Lucien Laviscount are all bound for the Jay Pharoah-led comedy. Davenport will play Peter King, "a network president who's super positive and super happy to be in business with Floyd"; with Rapaport as Teddy Snow, "a disheveled and intense Oscar-winning actor turned director"; Smith as Gwen, "a beautiful young actress who will play Teddy Snow's daughter in his next movie"; Coleman as Sadie, "the mother of Floyd's son Trevor (Lonnie Chavis)"; and Laviscount as Robbie, "a very handsome and talented British actor auditioning with Floyd for Teddy's project." Megalyn Echikunwoke originated the role of Sadie in the pilot. (Deadline.com)

So looks like Megalyn E was recasted.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I thought the episode was good. Plus they look like they're tryna tackle themes that need to be discussed more often. Idk how some of y'all can't fukk with Pharoah calling a bunch of whites racist
bunch of pretentious ass nikkas on this site. even if the show isnt the funniest per se...it still seems like a good watch. decent amount of eye candy and LOLed a couple times. Outside of curb, i cant actually expect much less from a comedy show in 2017. fukk it i'm in

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
bunch of pretentious ass nikkas on this site. even if the show isnt the funniest per se...it still seems like a good watch. decent amount of eye candy and LOLed a couple times. Outside of curb, i cant actually expect much less from a comedy show in 2017. fukk it i'm in

You can't really say nikkas is pretentious for not feeling this first episode. It was weak. J Pharoah not that good as the main guy. Even in your last sentence you say "for a comedy in 2017", it's not rocking with any 90s sitcoms. Comedy and film in general is in need of a new batch of talent..

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
Show was garbage juice though. Made it through the first episode, but I was disappointed. Was anticipating it since J. talked about it after leaving SNL

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Good first episode. The show can go a few different directions so I'm intrigued. A big problem they are gonna have is dealing with comparisons to other new black shows and not being as innovative. I mean, we got an episode of Paperboy and Earn trying to get accepted in the mainstream and Atlanta was waaaaay more clever original and nuanced than this episode. There is a high bar.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Good first episode. The show can go a few different directions so I'm intrigued. A big problem they are gonna have is dealing with comparisons to other new black shows and not being as innovative. I mean, we got an episode of Paperboy and Earn trying to get accepted in the mainstream and Atlanta was waaaaay more clever original and nuanced than this episode. There is a high bar.

Yeah, I agree the show doesn't hold up to the same standard as other shows. The core concept has potential, but the way they navigated the different scenarios with Floyd and the different racist encounters with the director/producer just felt clunky :ld:. It might be something to overlook if the jokes were on point, but it wasn't that funny either outside of a few moments.

That said salute to the show starting off with nudity :mjgrin:, Floyds girl in the opening and Jamie's girl in the trailer. I could have done without all the dress jokes in that scene though :dame:.

Cleopatra Coleman as his baby mamma is :ohlawd: and their relationship was one of the better parts of the episode.

Episode 2 is tonight, so I'll check it out. I'm about to downgrade my cable package so I won't be having Showtime anymore after that. Jay Pharoah seems like a cool dude, so I do hope the show improves as it goes along :ehh:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
You can start a drinking game based on how many times dude says motherfukker.

I'll stay with this for the eye candy but most of the racial jokes are :scusthov:

The scenes with the old cac though :pachaha:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
This show going to get cancelled

But glad they knocked the nikkas in dresses shyt out early

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Didn’t know about this show until a few weeks ago, finishing up ep 1 now. After hearing Surviors Remorse getting canceled this is perfect timing. Chris Spencer is billed as one of the creators. It’s good seeing him still doing big things. I hope the show does well.