andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
He didn't answer the question, tho :shaq2:

right?

like nikka i didnt ask for a speech about how shytty your job is. clearly you dont treat me the way i see other fathers treating their sons...so it leads me to believe you dont like me. if im wrong say im wrong. if im right tell me why.

i woulda had to catch pops with one of those 2 by 4s.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean he was telling him its not about weather he like him or not, Its his son and thats all that matters :manny: Thats just how I understood it, could be wrong

it's still bad parenting if you show no love to your son. having a bad job and busting your ass everyday is no excuse for not treating your kids with respect and affection. how is his son supposed to love himself now and his kids later on, if his pops treats him as if he was unlikeable and doesn't even give him an explanation for it? how is he supposed to develop loving stable relationships if nobody shows him how it's done?

people applaud tough love, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. it has its time and its place, but more often than not it's a lame excuse for people who are not able to develop a healthy relationship with their kids.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Incredible performance but the lesson is not to worry about who likes you but go out there and be the best job you can do...and he's doing his best as a parent

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
it's still bad parenting if you show no love to your son. having a bad job and busting your ass everyday is no excuse for not treating your kids with respect and affection. how is his son supposed to love himself now and his kids later on, if his pops treats him as if he was unlikeable and doesn't even give him an explanation for it? how is he supposed to develop loving stable relationships if nobody shows him how it's done?

people applaud tough love, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. it has its time and its place, but more often than not it's a lame excuse for people who are not able to develop a healthy relationship with their kids.

Even though your probably right...stop acting like a vagina lol

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
:damn: me and my dad had a moment like this when I cried when I didnt get a video game I wanted. After 30 mins of :shaq2: cause of him rambling about other stuff he hit me with.

shyt aint promised to you, not your life, not your job, not your wife, not your money. Only thing thats promised to you is whatever you decided to get for yourself and if you aint man enough to get it that isnt even promised to you.

Little did I know he lost his job that month and he didnt have enough money to buy it which forced me to go get a job cutting and cleaning people backyards for 20 bucks and run errands for my neighbor's grand mother. I didnt buy the game either, I saved it just in case we needed it.

shyt struck a nerve

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Bad parenting . I get it that's its just a play, but parents act like kids asked to be here. Pops was actin like he was doin his sn a favor for providing for him, nygga that's what you signed up for :manny:

Doing the extra stuff makes you a good parent.

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
Wow, I'm blown away. I don't have a context for the speech but the overall message is on point. I don't care for parents who treat their kids like crap but as long as they provide financially that makes it okay..it doesn't...I don't know if that's what happened here. But I disagree that he acted like he was doing his son a favor, in fact he said the opposite, that it was his duty as a father.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
now i understand what the lesson you guys are talking about. and its respectable that his father does what a father is supposed to do financially but there are parts of being a father that your required to do as well. i do remember reading this in high school and having this same convo.

i cant remember what made him say this but if i recall correctly he wasnt being spoiled saying he didnt like him because he didnt get some material posession. i believe his father was just cold towards him.

i have friends whose fathers are cold towards them and they just take care of whwat your SUPPOSED to do. and those cats develop anger towards other because the ones he loves and likes dont like him back and he hasnt developed that love for himself. and the day he has a kid i worry because i dont want the cycle to repeat for that kid.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Even though your probably right...stop acting like a vagina lol

You can tell the nikkas who'd didn't grow up with their pops and have daddy issues. I remember asking my dad a similar question and him telling me that basically he gave me life and I have a responsibility not to fukk up the gift he gave me.

I was scared shytless of my dad so when he said that I'd pray to God I never got any lower than a 98 on any of my tests.