James Earl Jones putting it down....

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
My pops was around when I grew up but it was more of a providing type of deal. He didn't give advice, he didn't give encouragement, he only really disciplined when he felt he had too. He felt like his only job was to make sure he brought food in

I remember asking that cat at like 8 years old to teach me how to play football and he was like :whoa:

It don't bother me, but as he grew older he started to want more out of his life, like a lot of old people do. But as a grown man I really don't have feelings for him, he's just somebody I know pretty much. He always wants to come over to our houses and have barbecues and stuff and the general consensus among us is "hey, it's kinda too late for all that", let's just keep it the way it's always been"

I don't have ill feelings for him, but he just exists to me. Not really any love.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
lmao at the e tough guys in this thread

Dude is a horrible father. Why you mad at your son doe? acting like he choose to be your son. A lot of the stone cold killers you see today had fathers like these who showed no love or affection. shyt aint even tough love its just tough lol.

My father? Disciplined me and loved me. Thats why when he older ill be glad to look after him.

If that was my father on youtube? No love 4 him.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
My pops was around when I grew up but it was more of a providing type of deal. He didn't give advice, he didn't give encouragement, he only really disciplined when he felt he had too. He felt like his only job was to make sure he brought food in

I remember asking that cat at like 8 years old to teach me how to play football and he was like :whoa:

It don't bother me, but as he grew older he started to want more out of his life, like a lot of old people do. But as a grown man I really don't have feelings for him, he's just somebody I know pretty much. He always wants to come over to our houses and have barbecues and stuff and the general consensus among us is "hey, it's kinda too late for all that", let's just keep it the way it's always been"

I don't have ill feelings for him, but he just exists to me. Not really any love.

:to:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Thats the thing... let me ask a question to play devils advocate... let's say at the end of that speech he said I didnt do all this because i liked you I did it because i love you. How would the son react .. do you think it would have changed anything?

Anyway .. back on topic. The father basically said he aint gotta like him, he liked his mother and then they made a decision to have him.

Damn .. i forgot my point .. i'll revise and edit later.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
it's still bad parenting if you show no love to your son. having a bad job and busting your ass everyday is no excuse for not treating your kids with respect and affection. how is his son supposed to love himself now and his kids later on, if his pops treats him as if he was unlikeable and doesn't even give him an explanation for it? how is he supposed to develop loving stable relationships if nobody shows him how it's done?

people applaud tough love, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. it has its time and its place, but more often than not it's a lame excuse for people who are not able to develop a healthy relationship with their kids.

This took place in the past...looks like the 70s or 80s.

Anyways the message was a good one. You gotta stop going through life wanting to be liked or wanting acceptance. If you want to succeed in life you need to be able to do something people want or need so they have no choice but to fukk with you and respect you.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This took place in the past...looks like the 70s or 80s.

Anyways the message was a good one. You gotta stop going through life wanting to be liked or wanting acceptance. If you want to succeed in life you need to be able to do something people want or need so they have no choice but to fukk with you and respect you.

maybe thats what he wanted to convey, but the way he did it was wrong.

i can't agree with what he did because the surest way to make your kids look for acceptance and love in all the wrong places is not to show them any. that they think they are not likeable, and that people not fukking with them is due to personal deficiencies, because not even their parents showed them love.

trust me, i used to volunteer in a school and a lot of the kids there came from broken homes with abusive or just very distant parents. most of them fukked up their lives by doing stupid shyt and associating with the wrong kinds of people because they were looking for acceptance.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
First off, from the non knowledgeable cats on here, that scene is from Fences. Its a play about a black family in the 50's. Centered around a bitter old character named Troy. I did my only acting performance in high school playing Troy. Got great reviews too. But I wasn't having non of that acting shyt then, I was an athlete. When I think about it, damn, I shoulda tried acting more, I had talent.

That said, nobody plays Troy like JEJ. He kills it. Yall should check the whole thing out