James Earl Jones putting it down....

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically the father in fences has the discipline part down.

the son sees other childrens fathers showing affection and if i recall correctly he never saw affection from his father ever.

had to make a new post because i had to think about the book for a second

edit: and @Dog Based Gremlin can attest that my dad didnt play that BS either. before someone says i was raised by my mom or some shiet :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
so don't luv your kids? just help them becuz its your duty? we applauding that? :what:

he didn't care if his son "liked" him.
he wanted to make sure that he got what he needed out of life.

he didn't care if his son knew that he loved him.
he wanted to make sure that he got what he needed out of life.

read between the lines.

YoungSimpson

RIP Strika
Daps
Reppin
GA
These extra sensitive fruit ass nikkas just don't get it. They on that sissy ass Luther Vandross dance with my father shyt. nikkas trying to gaze into their Pops eyes on some ol tell me you love me ass moist shyt.:huhldup:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Incredible performance but the lesson is not to worry about who likes you but go out there and be the best job you can do...and he's doing his best as a parent

and thats the sad part of the entire piece. he wasnt doing "HIS BEST" he was doing what he KNEW how to do. some people know how to work hard and provide. but they dont know how to LOVE properly and show it.

this is why a son like him will not necessarily understand his pops and will be that knuckle head on the corner ..looking for love, in all the wrong places. running around with rachet broads..looking for love..in all the wrong places. all cause pops only showed his love thru his hard work. not realizing the hard work is the work he was never shown from his father neither. and thats actually LOVING your son. hugging your son, not being stern 24/7. laughing and chilling with your son(dont over do it, he's not your pal. he's your son).

ask yourself this question. as good as a pops james was in this piece. as far as providing. if you were his son, and lets say you got caught up in some nonsense. would you tell pops the truth? NOPE. and thats the problem. you have to be open enough, loving enough with your kids, but also respected enough that if your kids do something wrong or if wrong just finds them some how. they are still willing to come to you with the truth.

remember that fathers, there is more to being a father, then being a provider.

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These extra sensitive fruit ass nikkas just don't get it. They on that sissy ass Luther Vandross dance with my father shyt. nikkas trying to gaze into their Pops eyes on some ol tell me you love me ass moist shyt.:huhldup:

LOL...

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"straighen up god-dammit"

iFFbNB5Oa2Emh.gif

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Bad parenting . I get it that's its just a play, but parents act like kids asked to be here. Pops was actin like he was doin his son a favor for providing for him, nygga that's what you signed up for :manny:

that's not what his pops was doing. He was preparing that boy to be a Man in this world.

That's the most important thing a father can give a son. In the end a father wants to raise a Man...that's the biggest accomplishment a father can get.

All this being friends with your kids is why our children are in the predicament we are in now. We need to raising Men with backbones that can handle the harsh reality of this world that doesn't give two cents about them.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
that's not what his pops was doing. He was preparing that boy to be a Man in this world.

That's the most important thing a father can give a son. In the end a father wants to raise a Man...that's the biggest accomplishment a father can get.

All this being friends with your kids is why our children are in the predicament we are in now. We need to raising Men with backbones that can handle the harsh reality of this world that doesn't give two cents about them.

Preparing your son to be a man in the world and tellin him that he isn't supposed to like u, then proceeding to belittle him by saying the only reason why I'm providing for u is because "he has to" like he is some sort of burden is bulshyt. I know dudes with strict fathers, but they still had a loving relationship. It was never the dynamic that this scene showed.

I get the idea of raising strong boys into men, but ll that extra militant shyt is the reasons why some father/son relationships are fucced up. Sons grow up hatin their fathers bcause all they ever knew their father to be was a strict and stern diciplinarian

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
and thats the sad part of the entire piece. he wasnt doing "HIS BEST" he was doing what he KNEW how to do. some people know how to work hard and provide. but they dont know how to LOVE properly and show it.

this is why a son like him will not necessarily understand his pops and will be that knuckle head on the corner ..looking for love, in all the wrong places. running around with rachet broads..looking for love..in all the wrong places. all cause pops only showed his love thru his hard work. not realizing the hard work is the work he was never shown from his father neither. and thats actually LOVING your son. hugging your son, not being stern 24/7. laughing and chilling with your son(dont over do it, he's not your pal. he's your son).

ask yourself this question. as good as a pops james was in this piece. as far as providing. if you were his son, and lets say you got caught up in some nonsense. would you tell pops the truth? NOPE. and thats the problem. you have to be open enough, loving enough with your kids, but also respected enough that if your kids do something wrong or if wrong just finds them some how. they are still willing to come to you with the truth.

remember that fathers, there is more to being a father, then being a provider.

:salute: