Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
I do whatever the fukk I want. why do you think I would answer to you? :heh:

if you have no more fake beef try n advance then move along. I'll keep posting anywhere I want in any topic and if this is an issue hit the ignore BOOM instant echo chamber and you can suck yourself off for an eternity with no challenging or opposing view points... :yeshrug:
no answer huh :francis:

you just validated everything I said about you :ehh:

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Huh?

this thread is about facts but you’re the one complaining. You could’ve watched the video, and posted nothing, Instead you hear talking about Jamaicans never said such, and such

you’re projecting
Again you guys cannot read.

I haven’t complained once. It’s an open forum. I stated I agreed with folks in here about some points but let’s not make blanket statements that fit EVERY person into one group. Demographics are diverse.

I’m aware of the Kool Herc stuff. And people who share the idea that Hip Hop originated in Jamaica. I don’t agree.

So tell me what the entire fukk am I projecting? You guys man. I don’t care that you and the peanut gallery need to win some debate that y’all are only a part of. Quit mentioning me now.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
he didn't beat me with anything I stopped paying him any attention after he claimed that influence goes one direction... that's not reality. I don't dabble in fantasy

might've said hip hop is American in here 50 times but somehow you still mad I'm taking your culture... what? hate breeds ignorance and paranoia. what are you mad about that I posted in here? :heh:
They seem to be angry for the sake of being angry here.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
he didn't beat me with anything I stopped paying him any attention after he claimed that influence goes one direction... that's not reality. I don't dabble in fantasy

You're clearly not dealing in reality. I clearly made it clear that I'm talking about the ORIGIN of Rap/HipHop; I don't care about what happened in 1985, almost 15 years after HipHop culture was around as early as 1970/1971!

The reason I can say with a straight face that the influence between AfroAmerican music and Jamaican music was in one direction is because the people (jamaicans) from that era will tell you straight up no one (Aframs) wanted to hear that sh1t.

Straight from Herc:

How can you influence another group of people with music from YOUR culture while at the same time having/had to basically hide your heritage from those same people?

Herc on becoming "American":

ovmJA8A.jpg

5hC8Hr0.jpg

one more time:

jHDOQMy.jpg

Even Bob Marley himself, who worshipped afram music (curtis mayfield) was puzzled about the fact that black americans never took to him:

I’d go so far as to say that outside of the Caribbean islands, Marley’s American legacy revolves more around his popularity among white audiences than black ones. You’re more likely to hear his 1984 compilation Legend playing in a Delta Chi frat house (as I have), or in a club in Buenos Aires (as I have), than at an all-black party in New York City (dream on).

Even during his ’70s heyday — especially during his ’70s heyday — black American audiences never fell particularly hard for the Jamaican superstar. His stature as a world-renown black artist writing and performing from an unapologetically Afrocentric perspective failed to draw them in the way his contemporaries like Gaye and Stevie Wonder did. According to people close to Marley, the lack of widespread support and enthusiasm among African-Americans troubled him tremendously.

He had issues with it, because he wanted African-Americans to hear his message,” his son Ziggy said in a 2012 documentary.

Why the U.S. slept on Marley while he was still with us is a mystery that’s up for conjecture (keep reading for mine). An even greater mystery is why black America never really joined the party en masse. (At least I eventually showed up.)

In the ’70s, a number of notable black artists — Bobby Womack, Lou Rawls, and Teddy Pendergrass, among them — had limited crossover success but were enormously popular with black audiences, which translated to considerably higher peaks on the R&B charts than on the pop charts. Why wasn’t Marley among them?

From 1976 on, he wasn’t significantly more successful on the American R&B charts than he was on the Americans pop charts. In some cases, he was even less so. Legend peaked at No. 18 on the Top 200 album chart but at a mere No. 34 on the R&B album chart, and Rastaman Vibration, his highest-charting effort on both the pop side and the R&B side, peaked on the R&B album chart at No. 11, three notches lower than it did on the Top 200.

Too Jamaican?
As for Marley’s lackluster commercial standing in black America during the ’70s, I’m inclined to point to the foreignness of his music, his low-key performing style (he could be a stunning singer, but his focus wasn’t on coloratura and melisma, those vocal pyrotechniques on which black American music lovers have long placed a high premium), and perhaps, a certain degree of xenophobia over his Jamaican heritage.

Marley’s separate standing with black Americans and white Americans, the latter of whom belatedly embraced him collectively only after the release of Legend, makes more sense when I consider my own American experience as an outsider.

The Mystery of Marley: Why Wasn’t Black America More Into Bob?

also--->Bob Marley Wanted More Black American Fans

this only backs up what Herc said and this Afram dude said about when people tried to play reggae music in the 1970s around Aframs

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
no answer huh :francis:

you just validated everything I said about you :ehh:
I don't have to answer to you this isn't YOUR forum an Immigrant breh made this site would you ask him the same?:heh:

you gon cry about that or leave? pick one...

:umad:

told you brehs time n time again. if you don't wanna talk to people outside your circle on the world wide web then go have a chat on the street corner. this ain't your anything

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't have to answer to you this isn't YOUR forum an Immigrant breh made this site would you ask him the same?:heh:

you gon cry about that or leave? pick one...

:umad:

told you brehs time n time again. if you don't wanna talk to people outside your circle on the world wide web then go have a chat on the street corner. this ain't your anything
Why are you so focused on us?