Jamaicans tell the truth on how Black Americans gave them rhyming, and two turntables

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kool Kerc form th Bronx is jamaican descent and his peers call him godfather of hip hop and he spoke about playing large speakers in the public park he got that from the islands with his two turntables and couple of DJ's like afrika bambata only few played "break beats" for breakdancers using existing music like Apache song,james brown and other songs..etcc..
people forget that Rap is NOT the only form of hip hop.
His peers don't call him that, only younger people.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Kool Kerc form th Bronx is jamaican descent and his peers call him godfather of hip hop and he spoke about playing large speakers in the public park he got that from the islands with his two turntables and couple of DJ's like afrika bambata only few played "break beats" for breakdancers using existing music like Apache song,james brown and other songs..etcc..
people forget that Rap is NOT the only form of hip hop.
See, misinformation keeps getting spread.

kool herc saw the other djs in the Bronx, and he wanted to dj as well. His first system was his house system with one turntable, but he learned he had to do more to be taken serious. He said this but it’s other people who add all the other stuff you posted

Jamaicans weren’t djing with two turntables until the late 70’s, the video showed you this. The dj for stonelove said it with his own mouth

And the video showed they didn’t have big speakers in the beginning of sound systems in Jamaica. That video set everything correct
I’m not arguing with you, I just wish the truth is told as the people who we are praising said

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m a huge proponent of we’re all black like most African Americans are but as I’ve gotten older I’ve came to understand that others from the diaspora don’t feel this way and look down on us. It’s not all but too damn many and it’s a issue that needs to be honestly addressed. I’m also not being divisive when I make claims about us being leaders in culture, because American culture is African American culture and it rules the world:yeshrug: like I said to another poster we are not on African themed forums but you guys are on AA ones

Who exactly is looking down on You and other Afro Americans, besides a few people. Who look down on their own countrymen too?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This paternalistic and condescending attitude is the reason behind much of the "diaspora wars" that exist
I don't mind people posturing and boasting their accomplishments but it's weird when they get mad at others for doing so. We all should be proud :yeshrug:

Americans have done a lot for music
Jamaicans have do a lot for music
Hip Hop is American music

there's nothing to fight about except for people that don't like others :skip:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
not according to coli expert @IllmaticDelta

they had no influence but all their music was American influenced

thecoli.com

this website is full of disgruntled bitter brehs with a bone to pick...
mans just bombarded you with facts and this is the best you can do? :mjlol:

why are you so obsessed with us? shyt is the highest of keys weird :francis:

you don't even live here but seem overly invested in our affairs and our culture.

I would call it a form of mental illness but honestly it's pretty apparent that you are afflicted by extreme insecurity and spend your free time going hard at the source of it as a way to make yourself feel better.

But it's not working, and you continue to be in these these kind of threads and pursue some irrational blood vendetta against ADOS.

It would be healthier if you focused more on your own culture instead of ours :manny:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
@Isaiah Bradley

this old head from herc's side of the Bronx talks about how he didn't know too much about brondxdale/soundview/bronx river, pioneers because those areas were OFF LIMITS if you were an out-of- towner/only traveled on the west side of the bronx; so he first only knew of Herc

Jazzy Jay who later became the DJ for Afrika Baambatta says that Bronxdale was forbidden territory

you couldn't go in there unless you had gang support

Exactly what those oldheads Genie/Phase said in the other video...I couldn't stop watching the other videos, but I can't find part two, which was suppose to be 2/3weeks later, when that Genie dude returned to NY

goodlooks on these vids and that youtube page. I would rep you, if there wasn't so many haters on here
I like learning new things, especially "shyt I already know"

truth2you

All Star
Daps
I don't mind people posturing and boasting their accomplishments but it's weird when they get mad at others for doing so. We all should be proud :yeshrug:

Americans have done a lot for music
Jamaicans have do a lot for music
Hip Hop is American music

there's nothing to fight about except for people that don't like others :skip:
You are sad

if someone said white snake invented reggae I would be the first to say it’s not true, then prove it. It doesn’t mean I don’t like white people, it’s cause it isn’t true

you sound like you’re mad that this info is out there to counteract the misinformation

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
mans just bombarded you with facts and this is the best you can do? :mjlol:

why are you so obsessed with us? shyt is the highest of keys weird :francis:

you don't even live here but seem overly invested in our affairs and our culture.

I would call it a form of mental illness but honestly it's pretty apparent that you are afflicted by extreme insecurity and spend your free time going hard at the source of it as a way to make yourself feel better.

But it's not working, and you continue to make these kind of threads and pursue some irrational blood vendetta against ADOS.

It would be healthier if you focused more on yoir own culture instead of ours :manny:
yes what I got from him is he said that Jamaicans have had no influence ever but They have been influenced by American music in all their genres of music. I think if you want to talk about mental illness then you can look at that statement as a form of delusion.

I don't want anything that's your and never have I once claimed American culture isn't American. you mad about nothing and trying to start a beef because i'm foreign. that is all. as far as telling me what to do. save that for your seeds. i'm not the one. miss me.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You are sad

if someone said white snake invented reggae I would be the first to say it’s not true, then prove it. It doesn’t mean I don’t like white people, it’s cause it isn’t true

you sound like you’re mad that this info is out there to counteract the misinformation
nah you are sad retard. where did I say Jamaicans invented hip hop?

you nikkaz are literally in here shadow boxing as per usual. :skip: read my statements. be mad at your comprehension not me

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
yes what I got from him is he said that Jamaicans have had no influence ever but They have been influenced by American music in all their genres of music. I think if you want to talk about mental illness then you can look at that statement as a form of delusion.

I don't want anything that's your and never have I once claimed American culture isn't American. you mad about nothing and trying to start a beef because i'm foreign. that is all. as far as telling me what to do. save that for your seeds. i'm not the one. miss me.
you be way outta pocket and instigate the overwhelming majority of beefs on here :skip:

he beat you over the head with factuals and you have yet to come up with a valid response :skip:

if I say 2+2=4 you can't just be like "nah, I do not accept that" :mjlol:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you be way outta pocket and instigate the overwhelming majority of beefs on here :skip:

he beat you over the head with factuals and you have yet to come up with a valid response :skip:

if I say 2+2=4 you can't just be like "nah, I do not accept that" :mjlol:
he didn't beat me with anything I stopped paying him any attention after he claimed that influence goes one direction... that's not reality. I don't dabble in fantasy

might've said hip hop is American in here 50 times but somehow you still mad I'm taking your culture... what? hate breeds ignorance and paranoia. what are you mad about that I posted in here? :heh:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
he didn't beat me with anything I stopped paying him any attention after he claimed that influence goes one direction... that's not reality. I don't dabble in fantasy

now tuck your emotions and ask yourself again what you are beefing with me about. I might've said hip hop is American in here 50 times but somehow you still mad I'm taking your culture... what? hate breeds ignorance and paranoia
why do you focus on us so much tho :jbhmm:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
why do you focus on us so much tho :jbhmm:
I do whatever the fukk I want. why do you think I would answer to you? :heh:

if you have no more fake beef try n advance then move along. I'll keep posting anywhere I want in any topic and if this is an issue hit the ignore BOOM instant echo chamber and you can suck yourself off for an eternity with no challenging or opposing view points... :yeshrug: